Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales 11/18: Hengstacer Farm

So, per long-standing tradition ... the next "Ales & Tales" falls on an update/release day, and this is a big one! This Monday Nov. 18th is "Helm's Deep" release day, but you know what they say: the show must go on! So, the question is: where? I was wondering if we could hold A&T in a place which is "suitably Rohany" but not in the new zones (for those who haven't purchased or explored yet) -- such as Snowbourne or Harwick, or maybe Hytbold? Or perhaps Stangard? But would this impact our lower-level audience too much? I don't have a good sense of how many low-level folks are showing up these days. If you all think it would undercut the audience too much, we could hold it in a lowbie-friendly area as we usually do. What say you?

Last edited by Byrcha on 2013/11/17 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Eilye
Field Marshal

For what it's worth, I am a new member playing as a lowbie and I very much like being able to attend this event. This week I played in Old Winyards as well and really enjoyed it! (and Lhinnthel / Sonca, if you are reading this, Eilye is now rocking the songbook plugin so navigating the LMB playlist should be an easier process in the future).

That said, I do understand the desire to keep things fresh and occasion- appropriate, so if you ultimately decide to choose a location in Rohan, I understand and will just skip that week's event.
Gweocyn

We can always hunter port people to some of the cities in East Rohan.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I was reminded that we once tried to port people to Snowbourne/etc. and were unable to. So, we'll keep it simple. Rohan = horses ... so, how about Hengstacer Farm? Close to travel hubs, relatively safe, and plenty of horses. If necessary, we could go to the nearby "Orc Pavilion" for some HD-esque ambiance.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

I like the idea of Hengstacer Farm for A&T. It has that horsie atmosphere (and smell) with out the fear that the low levels would draw agro from an upset landscape critter outside of bow range and get killed by a bug. It is also at a convenient stable point.

Hmm, are you also suggesting a post concert raid on the Orcs? That would be fun.

Regarding a concert in Rohan, is it time to give ATX (or is it ATE?) a reboot?

Awarded:

So, Hengstacer Farm it is! Join us for 'Ales & Tales' Monday evening among the horsies. 'Nibbles & Nobs' starts at 8:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 9:30pm (EST, /servertime).

If you would like to help out with any backstage tasks, please sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew.

If you would like to join in with 'Old Winyards', just have the most-recent playlist (http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5145705&gid=128176) and be ready to rock by 9pm. You can sign up for playing with the band at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIxmCbTo2KgdGxXNFBkVWtlazVJamU2QU05aHhvV0E#gid=56; if you are new, please indicate which instruments you play (and do bring them all with you).

P.S. Those orcs at the nearby pavilion better behave themselves ...

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Assuming I can download in time, I'll be there for OW and mentoring.

I am planning to be there as well, server gods permitting.

Eilye currently knows lute, drum, clarinet, harp and cowbell. Any thoughts on what would be a good next instrument for mentoring (I.e., one which is often needed to cover gaps in group arrangements)?
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Eilye, I'd recommend Flute then Therobo then Moor Cowbell. (Forget about the Pfft horn, like the proverbial cake, it is a lie tongue out ). Any of the regular mentors at A&T can teach the first two. Moor Cowbell is a little more unique in that it is the only one a Mini has to learn from another Mini first (or luck out with a scroll as part of a mob drop) but I know Aldekim, Tearna and I believe Ali can teach this one.

Awarded:

Yay, no update-confluence tonight! But we could still use a few more folks to help with backstage and/or rock out with Old Winyards.

Eilye
Field Marshal

Forum Image
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Beautiful picture Eilye! There are more on the Ales & Tales Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AlesAndTales
Or on my Picasa album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/105357691489023723615/AlesTalesAtHengstacerFarm11182013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: