Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainwood

Awarded:

re: Hi from Rainwood, now playing Neverwinter

Hello friends,

Haven't been on in sometime but wanted to say hi to all my friends in the best guild I have ever been associated with in any MMO ever.

Recently, my friend talked me into trying Neverwinter. I had totally written the game off, but he convinced me. It is fantastic. It is free to play and I am on the unofficial RP server Mindflayer. See my review at mmorpg.com here, http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/394151/Diamond-in-the-rough.html

I just wanted to let people know that this game is well worth while, and also I am wondering if we have any presence there.

Hope all are doing well.

Cheers,

Rainwood
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

Hi there Rainwood :)

I play Neverwinter but I'm on Beholder sad

Good game when you fancy a bit of mindless violence!

Andeon
Officer

sadly, I got to play several of the closed beta sessions, and I know that's not necessarily the best way to experience a game, but I couldn't really get behind neverwinter. Still, I can say it certainly has *some* excellent elements going for it...

1 - probably the most satisfyingly *paced* combat mechanics I've played in an MMO. Not as brutally fast as Guildwars, but just a *tad* slower, so it still has an excellent sense of action and speed, while still allowing that extra margin of time you need to react and savor the actions you've engaged in

2 - surprisingly interesting cross-party synergy. I played primarily with a rogue, and for a little while, a guardian fighter, and got to play with a friend of mine playing a cleric and a wizard, and while it took some getting used to, and there were skill FOCUSES that could be counter-productive between us, there were also some very satisfying moments of class synergy

unfortunately, for one thing, I just don't have *time* for another MMO to focus on - in fact, I barely have time for LOTRO, and I split THAT time up between the occasional gw2, lots of planetside 2, and a little bit of STO here and there...I'm a terrible person

that, and the relatively limited class selection (I won't even take another LOOK at Neverwinter until they offer PALADINS!!! WANT MY PALADIN!!!), fairly small maps, threadbare storylines, and painfully generic cosmetic options, meant that I'm gonna have to pass until they add some content.

I think, in many ways, LOTRO has spoiled me, with the staggeringly huge array of explorable world, cosmetic options and player-generated activities - and so I tend to measure many MMO game content against LOTRO, and find it lacking in some way.

In any event, I'm glad you're enjoying Neverwinter - I just needed and expected more from it, before it can even start to draw me away from LOTRO for now. Nice to know that there's an unofficial RP server though - I wonder what kind of player's it's drawn on the whole - I know, ultimately, it's the COMMUNITY of any MMO that will keep me coming back, and I *know* DND players - some of them are great people, some of them are crazy (okay - most of them are at least a *little* crazy, but some of them are the *bad* kind of crazy) and more than a few of them are jerks. I'm wondering which mindset seems to dominate the population of Neverwinter at the moment...

oh, almost forgot...

NEVERWINTER HAS SPIDER MOUNTS!!! SPIDER MOUNTS!!! EEEEHEEEEHEHEHEEHEHHHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHE!!!...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: