Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Instance Runs Wish List 2013

Hey folks - I'm starting a new, relatively current, and hopefully less cluttered thread to post your interests and needs for instance runs. This includes Sunday Night Siege runs, but ALSO includes any runs during whatever times you are available.

Please note that many people have needs but are hesitant to *lead* these events, which leads us with many able and willing volunteers, but few leaders. ESPECIALLY!!! if you have experience with a requested instance, or even no experience, but are willing to gather the group together and just keep them focused and all generally moving in the same direction, then please, offer up your service, and watch as the grateful kinnies come flocking to your side!

I'm only partly mocking - it's actually quite true, that many people are really, really eager to join groups and participate, and learn how to better aid their fellow kinmates and friends, and all they sometimes need is one person to be willing to step forward and say "I'll lead" - not because you're on a power trip, or because you love fame and fortune, but because they want just a little bit of reassurance that there's that ONE person they can look to, if they get confused or lost, that will help set them back on the path, even if "the path" is one you just made up to give them a direction to move to :)

so, have at it kids! and I hope to see many of you finding friends and fellowship as you do battle side by side, against the mounting hordes of the enemies of middle earth.

And KILL SOME SPIDERS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!

and, just to get the ball rolling...

Andeon is in need of some challenging end-game instances. I've been running so many casual and training runs, that I'm feeling like maybe I've let myself get a little sloppy, and I'd like to participate in a few of the more stringent, more challenging end-game content.

I still need to successfully complete "flight to the lonely mountain", which looked like a lot of fun, and challenge modes for pretty much all of the Erebor content.

Also, we've had a few requests to revisit some of the more complicated, larger scale instances, in possible prep for the coming BIG BATTLES (see Kiralynn's post in the bristlehide inn for more info along those lines), so we may be running some adventures in the Battle for Lothlorien (an instanced large scale battlezone of sorts at the entrance to Carhas Galadhon (sp?), and I may include several of the more complex battles introduced in mirkwood (the one with the catapults you have to man, and the one in the river fjord)

so, there are my requests in a nutshell

also remember, it's been quite awhile since we've been to the Rift, which is always a gas.

We spent a great deal of time getting people qualified to run wings of Helegrod, and we should have a most interesting pool of people ready for a 24-man level cap run against the Dragon of Helegrod, as well as the giant spiders we can always find in the tunnels below.

lastly, Andeon would like to get back into some skirmishing, so if anyone would like to run tier 1 and 2 skirmishes with him for fun and possible profit, I'd welcome the company.

I have two objectives: one, to see content I've never seen (which is nearly every instance in the game), and two, to improve Limorel's LIs (she's still using Third-Agers).

To accomplish the latter, I need either a run that drops a Tarnished Symbol, or a crapload of level-cap instances and skirmishes -- I don't yet have enough Medallions for one Symbol, never mind two.

I am limited by the fact that I cannot afford to maintain a VIP sub, and so far I have only purchased the expansions and three quest packs: Lothlorien, Mirkwood, and Great River. I apologize now for the frustration this will no doubt cause the folks trying to group with me. /sigh

I'm also happy to hit warbands in Rohan anytime -- I need a Battered Ring! ... but I don't own Wildermore.

Skirmishes: I can run the free ones, any of the Moria or Mirkwood ones, plus Thievery and Mischief or Attack at Dawn.

Fellowships:

Great Barrows is the only instance I've done repeatedly. I'd prefer to do it at level cap to max medallions.
Garth Agarwen: never been, don't have a character at that level, but I'd go in overlevel just to see it.
Moria: haven't seen *any* of those instances. I have a 56 hunter who can go, or would bring Lim if needed just to see them.
Lothlorien: ditto.
Dol Guldur: hey, it scales! never been, happy to go.
Roots of Fangorn: wish it scaled ... but still, would love to see it. because, you know, i hear there are SPIDERS.
Isengard: ditto. plus I suspect there are some BoE drops here I'd love for cosmetics.
Road to Erebor: have seen scuttledells (SPIDERS) once, nothing else. will run any of these, anytime. prefer level cap for max medallions/gear drops.

Raids:
So far I have, and have never seen: Barad Guldur, Orthanc, Draigoch, and all three of the Rohan ones. I can also do Battle of Lorien, albeit above-level as I think my hunter is still too low.

I do not have access to: Fornost, Annuminas, Carn Dum/Urugarth, Tham Mirdain, Helegrod, Rift, or any other instance tied to pre-50 content. I do not currently have the In Our Absence cluster, but Enedwaith is next on my list to buy, as soon as there's a 25%+ sale. I'll update this post when I do.

I do have quite a bit of raid experience (WoW) as both dps and heals, and I at least *used* to not suck at it. So I'm game for doing the complicated stuff. I've never led a raid, but I'm willing to learn. The one thing I don't do is tank (having learned a while back that I *do* suck at melee).

featherfur - thank you for that thorough post - I'd completely forgotten about working around f2p limitations on content - so, not only is your post helpful in planning around your needs, but also...

anyone else posting their needs, please remember to include whatever information you can remember, about what quest packs/region packs/expansion packs you do/don't have access to, so we can better plan outings around your needs and abilities. Thank you

re: re: Instance Runs Wish List 2013

I'd really be interested in doing some group quests/skirmishes, if only to improve my warden's tanking ability. I'm only at lv45 now - so can't do the higher stuff, but would be willing to do overleveled quests/skirmishes. I'd like to do the GB and Garth Agarwen - I've done Ivar and Grimbark recently, but it's been awhile since I did the Red Maid. In a few levels, I would like to do the CD and Uru content.

As far as leading, I could probably lead the Ivar and Grimbark now as well as Evendim's Tomb of Elendil.
Nimhollow

There are a lot of instances I have not done yet, and I will go anywhere that I can. I am f2p but I own Moria, Isengard, Angmar, Trollshaws, Misty, Great River and Wildermore.

Hey Andeon, last Sunday you mentioned possibly doing a 20 level leader seminar on the 18th. I have a captain alt that would love to get in on that. Greywulph is the character name. If you have any slots open please count me in.

My character in LMB is Horrdin

Thanks
Cheers
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I want to go on any adventure that might result in a housing item drop, especially something that will work for the upcoming solve-a-mystery contest in October. There are a lot of cool Halloween items out there. A pair of crossed blades, an unwelcome mat, a wierd egg on a stand, a mushroom that blows strange spores when touched, anything like that would be awesome!

Jump to: