Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Everquest Next

Is there a place we can watch this, recorded from this morning? I missed the live broadcast.

If y'all can convince them to develop horses with stats similar to LOTRO war steeds, which can race obstacle courses without being subject to too much trolling, I'll be happy to buy an account, move over there and build a hippodrome. :)

Awarded:

Haha!

The livestream will happen in 2.5 hours. If you miss that you can go to their youtube channel.

It should appear here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE1KffI-n1RVN4iOTNEMMaA/videos
Or maybe here: http://www.youtube.com/user/EverQuestNext/videos

Awarded:

This is looking so good to me.
Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

I truly love it. This will be so much fun.

Awarded:

A heckofalot has happened on the EverQuest Next front as of late. Alpha is "just around the corner" as they tell us every day now.

Today John Smedley did a AMAA (= Ask Me Almost Anything) on reddit (see http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1w2lu2/im_john_smedley_president_of_soe_amaa/ )
and someone asked this question:

Quote:
[–]rooaddict
Any plans to have musicians or the ability to play music in some way in EQN or EQNL?

[–]j_smedley[S]
yes

That could be anything, really. I hope it means what we all hope for.

Officer

Awarded:

Cool! Could someone with an account please ask about mounts? :)

I searched the EQNlandmark forums and I couldn't see any definitive answer on mounts yet. I did just bump a mounts thread asking if anyone has heard something definite on mounts from the devs.

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Who knows, maybe if enough people poke them hard about mounts, especially ones where more speed equals less jumping height, farther distance jumping, and wider cornering, we can have a race arena! If you get a chance, perhaps put in a suggestion for that mechanic?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
If you get a chance, perhaps put in a suggestion for that mechanic?

Now guess what!

;)

If they do include a well articulated abc music system and riding system I may well give them a try. Without those two features I am very unlikely to even give them a look-see.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

Is there the ability to craft story-adventures for other players, or only buildings?

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

The devs said multiple times they will give the exact same tools to the players of Landmark that they use. That will include scripting and also "usable" items. No details yet on what the tools and items actually are but I know they use a tech named "storybricks".

Officer

Awarded:

That's why I'm hoping they put in a good mount system. I could build a race track that could actually report who finishes properly and in what order. It could raise flags or shoot fireworks or something when riders pass key checkpoints. The track itself could possibly report back to the main stadium what the current rider order was. Wouldn't that be nifty?

Awarded:

Something remarkable happened a few hours ago: The Alpha-NDA was lifted. It was up for only about 18 hours.

So... hello from Landmark:

Forum Image

The devs are all on Twitter and discussing stuff with people. They are giving feedback on the Alpha forums and discussing stuff there too. Everyone is incredibly excited. And boy are they proud of what they have. And they can be! It is stunning to just run around, sightseeing, and watch people build things. Due to the progression ladder it's not much yet of course but things will improve quickly, I assume, as players learn how things are done and what the ressources are.

And as I write this a video comes through my Twitter stream showing the character creation screen:

Awarded:

Hullo again from the far lands of Landmark!

The alpha is going very well and the devs are making progress quickly to remove bugs ad problems. The communication to the community is simply unheard of. They do a stellar job in explaining things over pages and pages of text on the forums and Twitter updates. It's an incredible experience and nothing I have ever experienced anywhere else.

After they put up a third alpha server I finally was able to get me my very own patch of land on a mountain side. I will post pictures here from time to time to show my progress.

Here is a nice article about the things to come for Landmark: http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/04/georgeson-on-landmarks-crafting-specializations-nda-and-roadm/

With the ability to build anything you want on your claim and the confirmation of mounts in the article above I think Landmark can develop itself into a great place for mounted races and a lot of other fun stuff.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: