Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Fourth Anniversary of Ales & Tales

So, can someone confirm (before I set the schedule, since we also have a request for Chicken Month at Sandson's Farm) -- Ales & Tales Fourth Anniversary would be on 8/19?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

That's correct. The first Ales & Tales was August 17, 2009.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Anthemisa
Anthemisa
Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: Fourth Anniversary of Ales & Tales

Byrcha wrote:
So, can someone confirm (before I set the schedule, since we also have a request for Chicken Month at Sandson's Farm) -- Ales & Tales Fourth Anniversary would be on 8/19?

Woo! At my birthday! It's tentative but I definitely want to take a job! :D

Hey there.

As I am new here, I am not sure if this idea for the 4th Anniversary will work, but I would suggest that we contact some bands to come be guests at the event. It would be nice for the bands to come, play a few songs, show support of the Old Wineyards.

I would also like to suggest that we get a MC prebooked for this day and they do a Roast of the Old Wineyards. Perhaps include old Old Wineyard people to help in the roast... that type of thing.

I also could suggest maybe a little role play, something along the lines of how the band started... two characters getting together with a bit of a dialogue etc...

I am also happy to offer the vending services of the Fellowship Walk vendors (shhh... don't tell them I have said that! :D) to help out with the party food.

Have fun
Myst.

Awarded:

Maybe you can get the My Middle Earth folks and others to live-stream it.
Make sure to announce it on Turbine's Twitter and Facebook and make a big deal about it in the LOTRO forums.

Rats! I will be in the air across the Pacific at this time!

Awarded:

Barring any unforeseen mischance, I'll be glad to emcee that night.

I hope we can put together a megaband to plsy the LMB theme song for that show.

*begins humming... Far apart...but never alone...*

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Mysterixox

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Maybe you can get the My Middle Earth folks and others to live-stream it.
Make sure to announce it on Turbine's Twitter and Facebook and make a big deal about it in the LOTRO forums.

I can talk to Andang and Pineleaf and see if this is something we can broadcast for you. No guarantees as it is only if Pineleaf has the time available. But there is no harm in asking.

Have fun
Myst

Awarded:

So ... The Ales & Tales Four-year Anniversary is this Monday, August 19. Time to come up with a plan! :) It says here that Tamoro has agreed to be the host, and I will lead up Old Winyards. Beyond that, well ...

We could use someone(s) to tell a tale or three. Gori, perhaps you're available with one of your specialties?

We could use someone(s) to distribute ale/pipeweed. You don't have to do this non-stop, any amount of time would be helpful. Any volunteers?

Has anyone lined up any other bands/performers/guests for the show? Does anyone have anything special which they would like time allocated for? Now's the time.

As always, we need various other backstage tasks handled: please sign up (and view a description) in the stage crew doc at http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew.

If you would like to play with Old Winyards (either the opener at 9:30, the closing set around 10:30, or both), please let me know. T'would be nice to play some big band numbers, as Aldekim suggests.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Put me down for both OW sets. I'll do everything I need to, to make sure I can get in game for this event.

Awarded:

I would like to stay up late for this one, however the 9:30 p.m. start time is already past my bedtime. I would like to attend Nibbles and Nobs as your Booze Master if that's all right? After that, could I please be one of the opening acts and share one of Gori's tales? Tomorrow is a work day and staying up too late is a mistake for me.

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Gori, why not have your story timed to end around 9:30, rather than waiting until after the OW opener, so that we don't keep you up too late? In other words, we start the show with a tale at the end of N&N? Most people have shown up by then. We can also mention in /alesandtales to not be late wink

Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

While I like the idea, I would rather perform during Ales & Tales regular hour, and a 20 minute difference or so won't make that much difference. Besides, I do like seeing Old Winyards play. Could I perform not too long after Old Winyards, please? Perhaps as one of the first three acts?

Also, I would like to perform "A Prancing Pony Adventure" if I may? There is lots of riding, drinking, and perhaps fireworks in that one! Worthy of 4 years of Ales & Tales! Woo-hoo!

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dannigan

P.S. Also, where is this being held? Perhaps at the site of the 1st Ales & Tales?

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Mysterixox

Hey there.

I will be at the event, so can fill in if you need anything done. I can also do a couple of songs if you are looking for people to perform.

Have fun
Myst

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: