Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skydas Vyru

re: App: Lyderis

The application submitted by Lyderis is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Lyderis
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 5 (I have
Race : Race of Man
Class : Warden

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I have recently come back to LOTRO after a very extended break. I am looking to start fresh and really immerse myself into the game this time. I did some research to find a good realm & kinship that I'd enjoy, and I stumbled across your post on the realm forums. After hearing about all the events and the general spirit of the kinship, I must say I am very impressed and this that this is exactly what I was looking for.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any RP or MMO experience you may have: :
I have played the following MMO's extensively all the way to endgame:
Ultima Online
Everquest
Everquest II
Everquest Online Adventures
Final Fantasy XI
Florensia
Guild Wars 2
World of Warcraft
Aion
Tera
Rift
...I'm sure there are many more I'm forgetting.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
He is a brand new Man Warden. As it says above, I also have a Captain from when I played before, but I rushed through content with him and feel that I cheapened my experience. With my warden, I plan to take things slow, do all the questing, and really take in Middle Earth. He is currently at the Prancing Pony tossing back ales until I am able to wrap up this application. :)

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Nothing really worth mentioning.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
I was not.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
No, but I have read about them. They sound like lots of fun! I really like that your Kinship is focused on adding player content for others to enjoy. It's something that is missing from MMO's these days.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Exploring new areas and seeing

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
A good group of people to hang out in Middle Earth with. :p

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I have vast MMO experience that I'm sure will transfer over to this game once I get my bearings, and I'm always willing to help other players.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I've read everything John has written including Chris's editorials. Those stories shaped my childhood imagination. They mean a lot to me, as dorky as that may sound. I've of course seen all the movies. Peter Jackson has done an absolutely brilliant job bringing Middle Earth to life. I also owned all the animated movies as a child and loved the music in them. Boromir's last stand before death is probably my favorite part of all the stories.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Thanks for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please contact me on Lyderis ingame for more information.

Skydas Vyru

re: APPROVED - App: Lyderis - by Harperella

Just a note on my level (which is now 10 after an evening of questing and getting started): I have a Captain that is level 40, but I do not plan to play him. When I played him, I rushed through certain content and did a lot of instances thus cheapening my game experience. This time around, I'm taking the scenic route as it were. Please don't let my level deter your considerations. I assure you I will be an asset to your kinship. Again, thanks taking my application. =D
Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Worry not, level means not much here. A nice personality much, much more if not all, actually :)

Interviewed and invited

Skydas Vyru

Thank you all for allowing me into your fantastic kinship! I am very excited to get started. I had my interview w/ Cam/Dreng tonight, and got the official invite. This group is keeping alive something I haven't seen in MMO's for a very very long time: Player-created content & events. Cam and I were talking tonight about some of the naked troll runs we used to do back in the old EQ days, and how I missed stuff like that in MMO's today. I can't wait to be a part of all of the events you guys have dreamed up! (I'll wear clothes though.) :)

PS: Thanks for the shoulders Cam!
Skydas Vyru

re: Reapplying

Hello all. I left the game at the end of last year due to lots of RL stuff. Got married, got a house, got a promotion, yada yada yada. Anyway,
things have recently gotten a bit more manageable, so I am now able to play again. I logged on tonight, and found that I'm no longer in the kin. This is understandably probably due to my absence. Would you guys take me back? All of the information on this application still holds true, except that I am now a 67 captain. :) I'm happy to answer any questions here or in game. Thanks!

***I spoke to Corulin tonight who told me to bump my old application to reapply. I look forward to hearing you guys' decision.***
Corulin
Corumael
Pretty Officer

Awarded:

Invited!

Welcome back to the kin, Lyderis! =D

I'm back!
Kytheract

Okay, so you're probably seeing a pattern here, but I left the game early last year again due to getting very busy in the real world. Things have finally calmed down enough to allow me to devote plenty of time to LOTRO. I logged into my main and noticed I'm not longer in LMB (and understandably so) due to my long hiatus. Honestly though, I think it would be better if I started over from scratch. Before I do, I wanted to come to the forums and see if you guys might consider letting me back into your ranks. If so, I'll get a new character started on Landroval this evening and join up with you guys. I look forward to hearing your answer either way and hope to play with you guys again soon. Cheers!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kytheract

I should clarify that I am Lyderis. I can't get guildlaunch to send me an email to reset my password from my account, so I had to make this one. I have submitted a ticket with them.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum