Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

re: RIFT going Free-to-Play

Factions are not all that important.. opposite factions can talk, group and even pvp together. At lower levels quests will be different is about the only difference.
You cannot visit opposite faction towns though.

You can be in the same guild.

If you want sandbox.. check out dimensions.. aka player housing.. it's amazing.. you can put anything anywhere you like, even floating. You can resize objects and hide parts in other objects or even in the ground.. It is amazing what people have built.. from castles to circuses to carnivals, temples and gardens. even things taking advantage of the game's gravity.. like an ultimate slide. every character gets their own dimension too, so you can have different themes if you like.
So far I have built a garden sanctuary and am working on a dragon's den and a tropical tree town.
katiem

All right, I've dusted off my account, got the new expansion, and was given a 3 day pass to (I assume) re-try Rift. I'm on Faeblight as Katlynn. I've added people to my friends' list, but it doesn't seem to want to let me message people (just keeps saying that people who are online "can't be found"). So if someone sees Katlynn on, would you be so kind as to let me know? I'd love to join the guild. :)

Officer

Awarded:

Katiem, got you added to friends and sent a guild invite. (Invites can be don even when the player is offline)
See you soon.
featherfur

I just want to know how anyone has time to play *mmore than one MMO*. I can't imagine how I'd fit another game into my life. But apparently lots of you do ...

(that was an accidental typo, but it amused me, so i left it.)

High Officer

Awarded:

I just installed and started a Guardian on Faeblight - Evline, Cleric. Oh my, this game is quite fun and I am enjoying it, though I may need to restart because I think I missed a quest in the tutorial! I'm not sure how I'll manage to split my time but I would love to say hello in game!

I know that the game is going f2p in June but should I buy the base game anyways? Will it unlock anything for me like being a premium does in lotro when my vip runs out? Or will those perks only be for subscribers?

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

Owning the game before f2p is said to grant some permanant unlocks like LOTRO.
You can actually get the game and expansion for free right now though by installing the raptr addon.
It tracks your gametime and rewards you with gifts. the game, expansion and 30 days free.

http://raptr.com

Takes about 14 hours to get the game. You don't even have to be actually playing.. as long as the game window is open.

It seems they are out of codes atm.. but watch for them to add more.. they have several times

edit.. they are available again.

Last edited by Kyrian Starwalker on 2013/05/23 1:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Caiyyd

Awarded:

I went and looked at raptr and it looks like that promotion has ended sad
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Kyrian of Landroval wrote:
Owning the game before f2p is said to grant some permanant unlocks like LOTRO.
You can actually get the game and expansion for free right now though by installing the raptr addon.
It tracks your gametime and rewards you with gifts. the game, expansion and 30 days free.

http://raptr.com

Takes about 14 hours to get the game. You don't even have to be actually playing.. as long as the game window is open.

*** It seems they are out of codes atm.. but watch for them to add more.. they have several times***

Thanks for the guild invite! I'll keep checking on Raptr to see if they restock the codes!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
AMCook

Wow, Rift...I haven't played that in probably two years or more. I also have a couple of characters there on Faeblight. Defiant, I believe...little blue elfin things that embrace technology?

Anyway! Once it goes F2P, I could be convinced to give it another shot. Having no one I knew to play with also took it's toll on me, and it will be fun to have bandies to play with. :)

~Liff

Check out my music here!
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

Mmm, I got enticed by Kyrian's mention of fishing, and the dimensions concepts. But mostly all you wonderful people posting here. Hence the birth of Lossalix, Guardian on Faeblight. She is, guess what - a pyromentalist =)and has her lil boulder pet at *gasp* level 2.
Probably going to go very slow on this, though, given that spring fest is todaaaay! *cheers*
feel free to add me and such. and send me pies.

Btw I am also having issues with this Raptr offer. The application seems to only register your games through your Steam ID. Alright, I downloaded Steam. But, Steam does not have the free version of Rift available for download - the search only turned up the USD 39 version. Anyone else met this problem? Or am I going about it the wrong way...
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

Raptr isn't offering the game free atm.. rumours are that is is over.. there is a pet though.

You do not have to use steam.
Lien Skywillow

I'm on Faeblight too!

You will find me as Lien, Mathosian Rogue
(Guardian faction).

I also have Perindot, a lowbie Dwarf Cleric (Guardian), and Manaril, a lowbie Eth Cleric (Defiant), if any new peeps need support healing for either faction.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Post screenshots? :)

Awarded:

Raptr offer is back.. over 3000 available today.
Caiyyd

Awarded:

Got mine!! Aizya is a Defiant Eth Warrior. Still trying to figure out the mechanics of using souls and what exactly I am doing!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: