Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales, 5/13: Staddle

I likely cannot be at tonight's "Ales and Tales" in Staddle (9:30pm /servertime) due to RL stuff. But the show must go on! If you would like to help with the various backstage tasks, please sign up at http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew. We hope you can join us.

P.S. Don't forget that U11 may make for somewhat longer loading times ...

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

I may not be able to make it tonight either. I might be able to get back home in time to log in for the closing set of OW, but I cannot guarantee it.

Awarded:

Help a sub-in hobbit lad band leader out! If we can get six players for the closing set, I'll throw in a special new song...

I planned both to play with OW tonight as well as bringing the Old Harpy Crew for several songs.....unfortunately, our house has this "YOU CANNOT LOG ON YOU LOTRO HEATHEN" bug that won't let us load the game.

I hope it is a memorable performance, and will see you all next time.

Aalloria Borealis

you know they were desperate to let me be master of musical mentoring. Sonca, we need you back!

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Tomeoric

Awarded:

Next time, next time... =)

Forum Image
Ales and Tales, Staddle by Tomeoric

Awarded:

Aldekim wrote:
you know they were desperate to let me be master of musical mentoring. Sonca, we need you back!

Thank you for filling in for me tonight. I am sure you did a great job! And relax, I plan to be back next week. I managed to get in tonight just as everyone was dispersing and logging off. *sigh*

Awarded:

Neither rain nor snow nor dark of update will keep Ales and Tales from its appointed rounds!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

Well folks stepped up, but it was still very discouraging, what with all the hearing issues and such. I think I need a break... *buries her head in a book*

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

How did the music bug affect the show all in all? Did it all go well?

Floradine wrote:
How did the music bug affect the show all in all? Did it all go well?

For me the main thing seems to be not hearing your own music, it has not affected my ability to hear others yet.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

The Flock of Smeagols performers, Codella and Durrann, couldn't hear themselves, then Codella could hear Durrann but not vice-versa... and they couldn't hear the performers that played after them at all. Various guests showed up and found that they couldn't hear the music, either. Relogging helped some, but not all: Codella and Durrann, for example, relogged several times with no effect.

I'm expecting that Turbine will fix this soon, since the music is so important to the game. But honestly, it's become a real chore to work around the bugs. We've got the fellowship bug still, the one where people have to wait to group up until they are all in the same area, or they don't hear music or see emote text. That works, unless you want to summon a party member somewhere far away, or even to another layer. At our Ales & Tales in Bree, I was inviting people over to the right layer, but then I couldn't hear their music, nor could they hear mine. Ugh.

People are posting on the Turbine forums, here, but it's kind of lost amidst all the complaints about other issues.

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Forum posts are not as effective as the /bug feature. Please, even if you don't believe me, by all means /bug this issue.

Awarded:

Molly Bayberry wrote:
The Flock of Smeagols performers, Codella and Durrann, couldn't hear themselves, then Codella could hear Durrann but not vice-versa... and they couldn't hear the performers that played after them at all. Various guests showed up and found that they couldn't hear the music, either. Relogging helped some, but not all: Codella and Durrann, for example, relogged several times with no effect.

I'm expecting that Turbine will fix this soon, since the music is so important to the game. But honestly, it's become a real chore to work around the bugs. We've got the fellowship bug still, the one where people have to wait to group up until they are all in the same area, or they don't hear music or see emote text. That works, unless you want to summon a party member somewhere far away, or even to another layer. At our Ales & Tales in Bree, I was inviting people over to the right layer, but then I couldn't hear their music, nor could they hear mine. Ugh.

People are posting on the Turbine forums, here, but it's kind of lost amidst all the complaints about other issues.

Molly, can you copy this description to the /bug report regarding this issue?

Awarded:

Floradine wrote:
Molly, can you copy this description to the /bug report regarding this issue?

Yes, Floradine, next time I'm in game, I'll submit it.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: