Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales, 3/11: "One of you must do this"

I would love to play in OW, if there is still room! I can play all instruments but cowbells and the pfffffthorn!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Question:

Are the A&T locations decided very far in advance? I'm wondering if having this mapped out for several weeks in advance would help matters as far as planning, and also curious about how the locations get picked (other than being newbie-friendly areas).

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Aldekim
Officer

The locations are generally selected by Lennidhren, generally no more than a few weeks in advance. This is often not the case and selecting a venue as late as just an hour or two before the show is not uncommon. And yes, low level friendly venues are most common, though there are exceptions from time to time.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Tomeoric

Awarded:

As a follow-up...

A&T went off without a hitch. Galz was a great host, OW had no issues, venue was nice and the crowd was large. Everything needed for another great A&T!

Tomrica wrote:
As a follow-up...

A&T went off without a hitch. Galz was a great host, OW had no issues, venue was nice and the crowd was large. Everything needed for another great A&T!

You fail to mention thet you, Tomrica, had a lot to do with this as leader of the band and making announcements for that segment, too. Thank You for doing a fine job under fire to everyone involved.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Tomeoric

Awarded:

Oh pish-posh... team! Team effort - go team!

Awarded:

Here is Part 1 of Melanie's tale, "Family Matters". She's promised the second half for next week. :)

Quote:
Melanie clears her throat.
Melanie says, 'Sir Hargor was a mighty warrior, proud and tall.'

Melanie says, 'Time after time he led his riders to victory against the foes of his King.'

Melanie grants Sir Hargor lands.
Melanie says, 'And so the King made him Lord Hathaway, and gave him lands.'

Melanie shrugs.
Melanie says, 'His lands, however, were poor: for he was not a great steward, and was seldom home.'

Melanie says, 'But he married well! Lady Jane, his wife, was gentle, and loved by everyone.'

Melanie is rich.
Melanie says, 'And although she was not beautiful, she certainly had money and knew how to manage it.'

Melanie tells a story.
Melanie says, 'She bore them a son, Harold, who proved to be the very image of his father.'
Melanie says, 'Harry grew up to be strong and fearless, yet kind, the joy of both the Lord and Lady.'
Melanie mourns the loss of Lord Hathaway.
Melanie says, 'Sadly, when Harry was ten, Lord Hathaway was slain in battle.'

Melanie says, 'Jane did her best to carry on. But one by one the knights drifted away to serve other lords.'
Bertrus shakes his head sadly.

Melanie says, 'The peasants, used to independence due to Lord Hathaway's lax stewardship, were no aid to her.'

Melanie could use a little help!
Melanie says, 'Things grew desperate. She needed help!'

Melanie says, 'Saddling her palfrey and a pony, she set out with Harry to seek assistance from her neighbour, Lord Feldham.'

Melanie says, 'She arrived at his castle early that evening to find it in mourning. His wife had just died in childbirth.'

Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham came down to greet them, his face strained with grief.'
Melanie bows deeply.

Melanie says, '"Greetings, guests," he said.'
Melanie says, '"Lord Feldham, please forgive our intrusion. We had not heard, or we never would have disturbed you."'

Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham nodded. "Lady Jane. Your name is well known to me. And this must be your son."'
Berynun whispers "Oh dear."

Melanie beckons to Marissa.
Melanie says, 'He turned and beckoned a little three-year-old girl to him. "This is my daughter, Marissa."'

Melanie says, 'He made an effort to smile, in spite of his sadness.'
Melanie invites them to dine.

Melanie says, '"Please, dine with me and stay the night...it is too late to return."'

Melanie says, 'Lady Jane smiled back at him, for she felt secure for the first time in months.'
Melanie says, 'And so it was that a friendship began.'
Melanie says, 'The Lord and Lady felt that fate had brought them together, and though they both grieved, they soon married.'
Bertrus leans forward on his knees listening.

Melanie tells a story.
Melanie says, 'If they did not love each other, they made a good team, at least, and their estates prospered.'
Melanie says, 'Harry doted on his little sister, and Marissa worshipped her big brother, and the Lord and Lady smiled to see it.'

Melanie cheers.
Melanie says, 'Harry even taught Mari how to use a sword!'
Wendy cheers at Melanie.
Melanie says, 'Lady Jane was pleased by this. But Lord Feldham was not happy to see his little girl learning to fight.'
Nimrodelian listens to the tale.
Tamoro puts his arm around Tearna's shoulders.
Wendy sits with Melanie.

Melanie thinks for a moment.
Melanie says, ''Still,' he thought, 'Harry will be Lord here when I am gone, so it is good that he cares for his sister.''
Melanie says, 'And so time passed. Grief faded slowly, and affection grew.'
Melanie claps her hands.
Melanie says, 'In the autumn of the second year, Eduard was born to the Lord and Lady, to their great joy.'
Melanie says, 'And they decided that little Ned should inherit his father's lands, and Harry his mother's.'
Melanie says, 'Ned grew up to be a bright boy, loved by everyone. He was quiet, but missed nothing.'
Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham taught Ned everything he knew, and Ned was a quick learner. People smiled to see the two of them together.'
Melanie says, 'And so the happy years passed.'

Melanie says, 'Harry was nineteen now, a born leader and a skilled warrior, every inch Lord Hathaway's son.'
Melanie is ready to spar!
Melanie says, 'He would often spar with the soldiers, more that holding his own.'
Tearna snuggles close to Tam and lays her head on his shoulder, eyes on Melanie, though a bit unfocused.
Melanie says, 'At times he sat with the old veterans and coaxed them into telling battle stories.'

Melanie studies the tactics.
Melanie says, 'They would discuss tactics, and Harry asked many questions, picturing the battles in his mind.'
Melanie says, 'Marissa listened, spellbound by the tales. Ned carefully wrote the tales down.'
Melanie starts to charge.
Melanie says, 'Marissa had grown into quite the young hellion. At twelve, she was nearly as good a rider as Harry.'
Wendy cheers at Melanie.

Melanie watches Harry spar.
Melanie says, 'She would watch him spar with the guards, and pester Ned to help her practice what she learned.'

Wendy sits with Melanie.
Melanie says, 'Ned didn't mind. He liked to learn, and to teach. He was always helping others, it seemed.'
Wendy I love the Marissa parts!
Melanie says, 'He'd show Harry all the things his father had taught him about running an estate.'
Melanie is no good with money.
Melanie says, 'Harry proved to be very good with practical matters, but had no head for numbers or money.'
Melanie thinks Marissa is a smart shopper.
Melanie says, 'Marissa would often accompany Lady Jane to town, and showed a natural skill at bargaining.'
Melanie says, 'More than anything, though, she loved to ride. Harry was quite proud of her.'

Melanie shivers for a moment.
Melanie says, 'The winter of '04 was a bitter cold one. Lady Jane caught a chill that grew steadily worse.'

Melanie says, 'Physicians were summoned, but nothing could be done.'
Melanie starts crying.
Melanie says, 'By morning she had died.'

Bertrus shakes his head sadly.
Melanie mourns the death of Lady Jane.
Melanie says, 'After the funeral, Harry was summoned to Lord Feldham. Ned and Marissa were already there.'
Tearna becomes sad with Tamoro.
Berynun whispers "Oh, dear."
Melanie says, 'His stepfather seemed older, and the light had gone from his eyes.'
Nimrodelian sighs.
Tamoro consoles Tearna
Melanie says, '''Harry,'' he began gently, "Though you are but twenty, you are now ruler of your mother's lands.'

Aevireth frowns in sadness.
Melanie says, '"It was decided by us long ago that Ned would inherit my estate, as you know.'

Melanie offers to adopt Harry.
Melanie says, '"However, I would ask you to take my name, and all my lands when I pass on to the Halls of Mandos."'
Melanie says, 'Harry stood still as stone for a long moment. Then he spoke, his voice strained with grief.'
Melanie thanks his stepfather.
Melanie says, '"I thank you, sir, for your kind offer, and all you have done. You have been like a father to me.'
Melanie says, '"But I have a name. I am Lord Hathaway, like my father before me. I will always be his son."'
Melanie says, 'Bowing deeply, he turned and strode from the room.'
Melanie sighs.
Melanie says, '"Harry!" cried Marissa desperately, running after him.'
Melanie shrugs.

Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham sighed to Ned. "Well, Ned, we did our best. You shall have to look out for poor Harry."'
Melanie starts crying.
Melanie says, 'Ned hugged his father, weeping. "I miss mother! Don't leave me, father!"'
Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham smiled sadly. "No, Ned. I am still here, for a while. You have plenty of time to grow up.'
Melanie bids Ned to find his sister.
Melanie says, '"Now go find your sister. She cannot follow Harry on this journey. He must find his own way now."'
Melanie says, 'And so the young Lord Hathaway returned home.'
Melanie shrugs.
Melanie says, 'His peasants shrugged; what did they care?'
Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham had not changed things much during his stewardship, after all.'
Melanie says, 'But Harry set things in motion straightaway. He soon raised a company of knights to serve the King.'

Melanie says, 'Proudly they rode far afield, protecting the roads as his father had done.'
Melanie says, 'They hunted both raider and bandit.'
Melanie says, 'Harry was soon making quite a name for himself. The plunder rolled in.'

Melanie smacks herself in the forehead.
Melanie says, 'But the merchants all took advantage of Harry. Money grew short.'
Melanie says, 'Harry had to raise taxes. Somehow, his peasants found ways around them. His knights made do with old, mismatched armour.'
Melanie says, 'But they repaired and polished it carefully, and battle made them tough and skillful.'
Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham was not the same after Lady Jane's death. He aged rapidly.'
Melanie says, 'Ned took on more and more responsiblity as he grew into manhood. The lands prospered.'
Melanie says, 'Whenever Harry returned from a campaign, he made sure to stop by his family for a visit.'
Melanie says, 'Marissa, now tall and graceful, would insist on a full telling of his adventures, hanging on every word.'
Melanie says, 'Ned made sure to quietly collect Harry's armour and have it expertly repaired during the visit.'
Melanie refuses the gift.
Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham habitually offered a little chest of coins to Harry, which he always politely refused.'
Melanie says, 'Later, Ned would have Marissa present him the same coins in a velvet sack, tied with a ribbon.'
Melanie accepts the gift.
Melanie says, 'Harry could never refuse a gift from his sister!'

Piperia dozes off 'neath a tree.
Melanie mimics the proud knights.
Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham then declared a feast, and Harry's knights would attend, basking in the attention of the ladies.'

Melanie says, 'But always in the morning Harry rode away, for now he had his own lands to oversee.'

Melanie waves goodbye to Harry.
Melanie says, 'Ned and Marissa would accompany him to the border before turning back, for they missed their brother.'
Melanie says, 'Lord Feldham was true to his word, and lived to see Ned become a man.'
Melanie is sad to see Feldham dying.
Melanie says, 'Around his deathbed were gathered his three children, all grown up at last.'
Melanie says, 'Harry helped a weeping Marissa out of the room, for Lord Feldham wished to speak to Ned alone.'
Melanie says, '"Ned," he said, "You are all that I have ever wished for in a son...I am so proud of you.'
Melanie says, '"You are also Harry's brother, and Mari's as well. You are the bridge that holds this family together.'
Melanie implores Ned to look after them.
Melanie says, '"Look after them, Ned. Harry needs you. So does Mari! You will have to find her a husband soon.'
Melanie says, '"Look after them. Protect our land, and our people. Goodbye, my son."'

Melanie says, 'And he closed his eyes and slept forever. It was the spring of 3011.'
Melanie halts the knights.
Melanie says, 'Harry halted his knights. The scout rode up and reigned in.'
Madaelin mourns the passing of Lord Feldham.
Melanie says, '"Nothing changed?" he said to the scout.'
Melanie points something out.
Melanie says, '"Nay, my Lord," replied the scout, "They are but an hour's ride from here. The wains, behind, less than a day."'
Melanie says, 'Harry nodded, and turned to Sir Eckhird. "Has the messenger returned?"'
Melanie agrees.
Melanie says, '"Aye, my Lord," said Sir Eckhird. "Lord Feldham has been advised, and acts accordingly."'

Melanie thinks it's funny.
Melanie says, 'Harry grinned. It still sounded funny to hear little Ned called 'Lord Feldham'.'

Melanie says, 'His grin took a fierce edge to it, and his men stirred. They knew that look.'
Melanie says, '"Alright men, you know the plan."'
Melanie points something out.
Melanie says, '"Eck, go to the village now with your men. The rest, to me."'
Melanie says, 'He spurred his horse forward.'
Melanie says, 'Like a living wave, the company of hardened warriors rolled forward shifting into a long thin line.'
Melanie says, 'At the crest of the hill, they halted, waiting.'
Melanie peers into the distance.
Melanie says, 'There. Off to the east, they could see the dust cloud that told of the approaching warband.'
Melanie says, 'Wainriders were coming!'
Wendy roars at Melanie!
Melanie says, 'This ends Part one! Next week, the tale continues!'
Nimrodelian imagines the scene in his mind

Madaelin claps for Melanie.
Melanie bows deeply.
Wendy cheers at Melanie.
Kaleigh claps her hands.
Bertrus claps for Melanie.
Tamoro smiles at the thought of warbands
Gennyrose cheers at Melanie.
Moragaeth claps for Melanie.
Wendy claps for Melanie.
Tamoro claps for Tearna.
Lhinnthel claps her hands.
Sonca claps her hands.
Tomrica cheers at Melanie.
Galzagar cheers at Melanie.
Andurula claps for Melanie.
Gennyrose claps for Melanie.
Aevireth cheers at Daylak.
Androsir cheers at Melanie.
Berynun cheers at Melanie.
Daerienn claps for Melanie.
Doviel claps her hands.
Turinien claps his hands.
Nimrodelian claps his hands.
Daeleg cheers at Melanie.
You cheer.
Lhinnthel cheers at Melanie.
Tamoro cheers at Melanie.
Bertrus congratulates Melanie for a job well done.
Androsir claps for Melanie.
Sonca cheers.
Bellcari cheers.
Gennyrose cheers at Melanie.
Lhinnthel tosses feathers at Melanie!
Daylak cheers.
Aevireth says, 'wonderful story!'
Daerienn sits down.
Alisette claps for Melanie.
Aldekim cheers at Melanie.
Tearna claps for Melanie.
Lerillos cheers.
Melanie says, 'It gets better...'
Bertrus says, 'Is it next week yet?'

Melianwen claps her hands.
Nimrodelian says, 'Very well told Lady Melanie'
Tearna says, 'But... but.... I don't wants ta wait!'
Kaleigh says, 'She always leaves us in suspense.'
Galzagar says, 'Thank you Melanie'
Kaleigh sighs at Melanie.
Bertrus agrees with Kaleigh.
Galzagar says, 'A wonderfull tale indeed.'
Kaleigh smiles
Wendy says, 'leave em wantin more she says to me'
Tearna starts crying.
Kaleigh agrees with Wendy.
Melanie says, 'Lies!'

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: