Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Andeon
Officer

re: October Sunday Night Sieges...

well, tentative plans for a kin meeting this upcoming sunday (the 30th of september) are in the works, and as such, will mark the 4th sunday in a row that I've been unable to participate/organize Sunday Night Siege. For those that have gathered dutifully on sunday to challenge the great strongholds of the enemy, I salute you!

For those that have missed me, you have my apologies - a variety of various things have either occupied the normal sunday slot, or I have found myself otherwise occupied with various RL events that needed to be taken care of

However, after the kinmeeting, I forsee few if any serious interruptions to our regular Sunday Night Siege gatherings until the Christmas season, and so I want to assure everyone that Sunday Night Sieges will resume vigorously after the kinmeeting.

There *may* be a sunday night siege gathering post the kinmeeting, depending on how long the event runs and who's still up for activity afterwards. Post kinmeetings are often excellent gathering times, as you can find a great host of the Lonely Mountain Band on for the most part, and so while it will be hard to make any *definite* plans for post the meeting until we see how long it ran and who's still available, there may very well be siegeing to be had afterwards.

As for the month of October...

as always, every Sunday Night Siege is rather nebulous, our final destinations often determined by who's available and who wants to do what - however, this thread exists so that people can post ahead of time, what they need, and what they want, and I encourage anyone and everyone that wants to participate to have your voice heard here...here are some ideas...

#1 - The High Level Adventures of Tinki - our master of mead, our viceroy of vittles, our chief purveyour of all things edible, smokeable, and yellow, has requested participation in higher level activities, with which to outfit himself with weapons and armor worthy of his noble spirit. This request was made some time ago, and various scheduling conflicts have made it hard for SNS to fulfill his needs, so he may have found them fulfilled elsewhere, but if he still needs such help, it would be my honor and privelege to help gather folks for higher level runs for the purpose of gathering medallions and seals for the acquisition of higher quality gear (just in time for ROR to come out and invalidate it all :)) - if anyone has a similar need, or would like to contribute their efforts to helping better outfit their fellow 'Bander's, please lend your hand here

#2 - Lowbies - it's been an unfortunately long time since SNS gave some dedicated love to our lowbies - so, if we have any folks in the 20-30 range looking to cut their teeth on the first instance LOTRO makes available (the Great Barrows instances), please speak up here - the GB is a great place to start learning grouping tactics and etiquette, and is *exactly* the sort of thing we made SNS for

#3 - everything old is new again!! - you've hit level cap, and all you can do is run the same Isengard instances over and over and over again...right? WRONG!! LOTRO has been kind enough to revamp a variety of instances to be scaleable to all levels, so it's possible to run the Great Barrows, Fornost, Helegrod (I think?) and possibly others I'm forgetting at level cap. And even if you can't scale them, there are some very challenging, and very exotic instances that you can run (HOORAY FOR THE RIFT!!) - I'd like to see 'Banders that are getting tired of the same old fare, an opportunity to revisit some of their favorite older instances for long forgotten deeds, or just for fun, and perhaps revisit old instances at level cap for new challenges!!

that's a good start - people interested in participating or lending their hand to these and other efforts, please feel free to post here with your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, supports, needs...and I bid you all good hunting!

My thoughts, as usual, are that Clan Etal stands ready to serve as needed and is looking forward to the return of our Captain Andeon!

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

I'd love to participate in anything--though six-mans are my preference; I'm still a little intimidated by large groups. I need to practice being a healing minstrel, as opposed to a shouting-people-to-death minstrel. And, of course, I need lots and lots of seals and medallions.

However, I also have a level 28 captain that I would love to learn more about, and I think grouping is the best way to do that! So I'd love to run some lowbie instances too.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

Well, I haven't had great luck being present on Sundays either, but Apis recently started the level 65 In Their Absence quest chain, so she'd like to go through the Northcotton Farms at some point, preferably with people who wouldn't mind waiting while I read the quest text. (Thus I'm leery of PUGs.) I also haven't yet been inside Fornost since it was revamped, and I'm curious to see it. Although, it has been quite a while since I grouped at all, so I might need a little patience as I remember how to function as a tank.

I also have a level 31 minstrel who'd be happy to help with anything on the lower-level end, if only I can convince all my outside activities to stop scheduling themselves on Sundays.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Elondhil
Cuthrek

Awarded:

I'd love to participate. Cuthrek and Elondhil both still need to do the intro quests for LG. My struggle with grouping is staying on for extended periods and late at night. My schedule is unusual, to say the least, so I jump in whenever I think I can stay on long enough to finish.

I'm also happy to help lower level groups. My other two characters that are equipped to fight are Chuno, a 38th level warden whom I am having fun with, and Pehnlas, a 22nd level Loremaster whom I don't really know how to play.

The game is always more fun with other Banders.

Pehnlas (25 Lore-Master, Eastemnet Cook, Grand Master) **
Sundin (6 Minstrel, Apprentice Weaponsmith and Woodworker) **
Dravori (Eastemnet Tailor, Grand Master) **
Braflo (Supreme Woodworker, Guild Master) **
Duirollin (Supreme Weaponsmith, Guild Artisan) **
Tengwalas (Supreme Metalsmith, Guild Artisan) **
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

Last week we ran Grand Stairs with Bandoras, and cleared everything! It was fabulous! I'm as learner of minstrel, also has no idea about FMs, I love to participate in SNS, sometimes I drive YOU and other fellowship members crazy, I know. And I have to admit that all the things are different while soloing and in group. And Andeon, my best combat teacher, as your worst pupil I learnt LOTS of things and still learning, my playstyle changed already, and I can catch felowship maneuvers! I have to admit that SNS is sort of 'school' for people like me who rarely joins such instances.
I have several lvl 20ish alts to learn and aid with different roles for Great Burrows. And old an new option suits my lvl too, I think. Who knows, I might join Tinki's adventures soon!
And, I know irl comes first...*hugs you hard* hope you fix things and come back cap'n!

Officer

Thank you all, and thank you Anthemisi - I'm glad you're finding SNS to be *EXACTLY* what it was supposed to be - an enjoyable and educational learning experience to help ease folk into the skills and mindset for grouping.

For all folk, your Sunday Night Sieges are always intended to be fun, learning experiences - if you've wanted to group, but held yourself back out of fear that your weren't skilled enough, or well geared enough, or experienced enough, SNS is EXACTLY the place for you!

For all those that volunteer their services, for all those that find it useful and/or enjoyable, for all those wondering if SNS might be yet another way for them to serve and be served by their fellow 'Bander's, thank you, and come join us!

I think anything would be great to get people together doing some instances. I know since RoR is coming close there have been huge drops in activity, and I love playing with my LMB friends! I would come along to even a ol' Grand Stair run if it got some adventure goin!

"Elves apparently did not sleep, but rested their minds in waking dreams or by looking at beautiful things.."
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Soulariuis wrote:
I think anything would be great to get people together doing some instances. I know since RoR is coming close there have been huge drops in activity, and I love playing with my LMB friends! I would come along to even a ol' Grand Stair run if it got some adventure goin!

I do have a level 58 hunter who would love to try the Grand Stair; I've run it on other characters so I sort of get the gist of it. Plus, need those medallions! :)

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I'm game for anything in Moria (finally!). I've never done Library or School either. Can also do Helegrod and any of the Angmar instances (I want that meta-deed horse!).

Also, I decided to move my previously-retired hunter over from another server, so I will have a lvl-30 character to help with GB.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I am so up for this, and stand read to aid any Band mate with quests, deeds or resource gathering.
Elyita

Awarded:

I am so bummed that I probably won't be able to make SNSs as they sound like something I'd love. I have a real life thingy every Sunday evening at that time (except holiday weekends and during summer). But, I am up for doing older content at other times, so if anyone wants to do something, feel free to ask any time you see me sitting ungrouped. Especially during this pre-Rohan lull. :)

Officer

"....master of mead, our viceroy of vittles, our chief purveyour of all things edible, smokeable, and yellow, "

That is a LOL for me :)

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

`Tinki` wrote:
"....master of mead, our viceroy of vittles, our chief purveyour of all things edible, smokeable, and yellow, "

*Hip Hip Hurrah! Tinki!*

Officer

just a little add on - this morning (I had some unexpected play time cuz they're pushing back my hours until we hire someone to replace someone else...long story) and several people were talking about getting hold of the "un-welcome mat" - a housing trophy that drops in the Dol Guldor instance, if the web can be trusted

so, in addition to our various other requests, we have a company interested in running more Dol Guldor - an excellent run, as we've completed it several times so we know the drills, there are deeds and a bunch of epic quest epilogues to run in there as well - so, folks willing, that's another option for this upcoming sunday

looking forward to seeing many of you then!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: