Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

re: WoW

Ignore this.. I have no intentions of returning to WOW.

Last edited by Kyrian Starwalker on 2013/05/15 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayed the Bowmaster

what is this WoW you speak of?
Herbigharo

re: Re: WoW

Kyrian of Landroval wrote:
I have a guild on Hellscream, Alliance. Activity is variable. It mostly consists of my friends and family.
If you want a casual, mature place to call home though, I extend invitations.
I am not very active there though, at least not lately.. my son and his friends are on much more than I am.
The guild is rank 3 so there are a few benefits over just flying solo.

I am getting back into WoW due to new expansion coming out soon. Yes, I will still play on Herb alot :-) Feel free to friend me on real ID: skynet2.0down@gmail.com
Seldora
Elithurien

for the last few months, I've had a challenging time with LOTRO as the FPS dropoff has made the game unplayable at high end and like watching movies on an old TV on low end. I've tried changing settings and upgrading graphic drivers, and the only thing that has worked is dropping all the way down to DirectX 9.0, which makes no sense when I built a moderate gaming rig.

Also, the director's letter outlining what is coming to LOTRO this year was really disappointing, IMO. Though I'm excited about housing, I'm also worried. Housing upgrade will be great ONLY if they don't do the same thing they did with warsteed cosmetics. Sadly, I have a sneaking suspicion that the housing revamps are going to be costly because they want LTs and subs to spend TP.

In light of these issues, I'll probably only be popping in-game every once and a while until the xpac.

So, I'm opting to jump into WoW as a first time player (though I've taken a number of toons up to lvl 15 or so, just to try it out). Seems like the game is playable now without having to be raid-focused.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I have a max level worgan on some world.Enjoy playing it from time to time. But to me WoW is more a mindless grind that affords me time to think. Still, my worgan has an awesome top hat.
Herbigharo

re: Re: LOTRO and games

Elithurien wrote:
for the last few months, I've had a challenging time with LOTRO as the FPS dropoff has made the game unplayable at high end and like watching movies on an old TV on low end. I've tried changing settings and upgrading graphic drivers, and the only thing that has worked is dropping all the way down to DirectX 9.0, which makes no sense when I built a moderate gaming rig.

Also, the director's letter outlining what is coming to LOTRO this year was really disappointing, IMO. Though I'm excited about housing, I'm also worried. Housing upgrade will be great ONLY if they don't do the same thing they did with warsteed cosmetics. Sadly, I have a sneaking suspicion that the housing revamps are going to be costly because they want LTs and subs to spend TP.

In light of these issues, I'll probably only be popping in-game every once and a while until the xpac.

So, I'm opting to jump into WoW as a first time player (though I've taken a number of toons up to lvl 15 or so, just to try it out). Seems like the game is playable now without having to be raid-focused.

I am having the exact same issues sans frame rate problems. The crashing while mostly resolved now has already rick rolled PvE progression to a point of putting Herbigharo on the sidelines until next expansion. Not being able to obtain cosmetics for our mounts in-game is second biggest disappointment. I had enough Turbine points to choose 'One' style for my mount. The remaining points in the bank goes to next expansion. Housing items? Well, how about Turbine allow us to sell these items on the auction house?? Those who have 1000's of points can buy these items and sell to another player.

Aedon Durreah wrote:
I have a max level worgan on some world.Enjoy playing it from time to time. But to me WoW is more a mindless grind that affords me time to think. Still, my worgan has an awesome top hat.

I want a photo of the worgen in a top hat!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: