Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinnarra

re: A&T in the Lorebook

Some of the non-kin LMB friends asked me last night where tonight's Ales & Tales would be held. I had forgotten about Stage Crew sign-ups location at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIxmCbTo2KgdGxXNFBkVWtlazVJamU2QU05aHhvV0E#gid=0 so I was unable to tell them. Today, I will be sending them an in-game mail to tell them it will be held at Waymeet.

Many people check the calendar on the lorebook to find out the A&T locations. Would it be possible to add the dates and locations for their behalf? Is that something I can do, or are special privileges required?
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

It's something I just forgot to do because I've been swamped getting ready for back to school the last week or two. :-) Anyone can edit the lorebook with your my.lotro account. Anyone who feels comfortable doing so is welcome to take the locations from the stage crew document and update them in the lorebook!

You have been a very busy lady, indeed! I will see if I can figure out how to do it in the morning, then.
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

I've updated the Lorebook page with all the locations that are currently listed on the sign-up sheet. I'm an administrator at lotro-wiki, so I'm pretty comfortable with the wiki coding format.

I was also looking at some of the page comments. Would it be desirable to flip the table so the most recent dates are on top, and/or make the table sortable, and/or archive the previous years so the list isn't so long? I should be able to do any of those things, and I'd be happy to help make it more readable, but only if it's a desired change.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Ellinnea wrote:
I've updated the Lorebook page with all the locations that are currently listed on the sign-up sheet. I'm an administrator at lotro-wiki, so I'm pretty comfortable with the wiki coding format.

I was also looking at some of the page comments. Would it be desirable to flip the table so the most recent dates are on top, and/or make the table sortable, and/or archive the previous years so the list isn't so long? I should be able to do any of those things, and I'd be happy to help make it more readable, but only if it's a desired change.

That would be splendid, Apis!

It would be nice also if we can add links to the Landroval Times Midweek Edition reports on recent A&Ts. It's been a while since we had any blog report links on the lorebook (like, since the downfall of the old My.Lotro...)

Dori /smiles at Lennidhren's idea

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

Hehe, I was also eying all those "TBD"s stacked on top of each other.

Where would be the best place to link to the Midweek Edition? I see it cross-posted in a couple different locations - is there one that's the most official, or might be more permanent?

Edit: I just noticed Aldekim's post right above is number 1337! He's leet!

Aldekim
Officer

Here is the address for the Landroval Times Main Page where the Mid-week Edition first appears

http://www.landrovaltimes.info/

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

I added the ability to sort by Date. They're still listed with the oldest at the top, but if you click the double arrow twice you can bring the end of the calendar up to the top. Could a few interested parties take a look and tell me what you think? Lorebook A&T Calendar

I had to change some of the other formatting to get it to work. In particular, I had to lose the month headings, which helped break up the list. Here's how it used to look, if you want to compare: Older Version

The main disadvantage is that I had to use a template, so the page is now more difficult to edit than it used to be. New entries can't be added with the simple default WYSIWYG editor - instead you have to either disable the rich editor or click the "Wikitext" button at the top left. Whoever keeps maintaining the list will have to be aware of this. I can write out a better explanation if we decide to keep it this way.

It's not hard to undo the changes (one of the benefits of working with a wiki) but personally I think the ability to sort is worth it.

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

I like it! I never used the WYSIWYG editor anyway (I think because I never figured out how to add new rows to the table with it...) and since it's sorted by date and they fall into groups by month anyway, I don't think we'll miss the month headers. Thank you Apis!

Awarded:

Er, whoops, now I broke it. Well, it did look nice. Nobody look for a little bit.

Edit: Fixed! Sort of! Now, I'm going to leave it alone for a while, before any further damage can be inflicted. lol

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: