Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Planning the third anniversary of Ales and Tales

I think we'd better announce at tonight's A&T that the anniversary one - just next week, isn't it? - will feature some special reprise acts by request, so there may not be room for those who wish to sign up with an act on the day of the show. People come to A&T expecting to be able to get on the program right at 9:30 or even later, so let's prepare them for next week being different...Also, if we know for sure who will stage manage next week (go for it, Anthemisi!), we can announce that tonight so people can approach her with acts early in case there is still room for other things than the by request ones.

Awarded:

Another thought: We've got the location set now for Middleham, Bree neighborhoods for Aug 20 - should we pick a more A&T iconic location? The Ales & Tales kinhall in Raglan? The Green Dragon where we had our 2nd anniversary (because it was the site of the very first A&T)?

Awarded:

Won't it be harder to advertise A&T in a neighborhood? I know that I've had much less turn-out at races that took place in neighborhoods. Of course, a kinhouse does have the advantage that it can be decorated. Still, if I could vote for any location, it would be the Party Tree. Well-decorated, spacious, has a stage, just far enough from a stable to be too much effort for the trolls...

Awarded:

When we've had shows in neighborhoods previously, we've done the multi-region advertising prior to the show and other than that, advertised in /alesandtales and /shire-moot to those people who already have an interest in attending, and usually still had a good turnout.

The Party Tree is a fun spot for it (in fact I think my second A&T was there! After the show we retired to Bilbo's parlour for more music and chatting; it wasn't a very large crowd at that point), though that party planner's npc chatter does get in the way a bit.

Personally I'm kind of leaning toward holding with tradition and returning to the Green Dragon...

Awarded:

Needed a location to announce tonight so I went with the Green Dragon! Also, we need to decide what acts to request for this show. We've got Aldekim's poem. Byrcha suggested using the LMB album songs and asking some soloists, duets, etc. to play some of them and OW can do others for the dance set. There are some good duet pieces in there like Lament for Eorl and Let Us Sing Together, and several with good solo versions like Swordsman of the Sky which Astleigh played this week...

I hope you don't mind, but I bumped myself up for the MC position for the night. I don't get to A&T nearly as often anymore, but I want to be full hands on for this one! I'd love it if we could maybe do some sort of rotating MC with many of our past MCs? Something like Harperella/Galenswerd/Locney/Bandoras/Lennidhren/Mellilot. We could have some sort of gag where each MC has something comical happen to them in succession and the next one takes up the torch when the previous MC is unable to continue. A bit like RL there...

--Harper

Awarded:

I vote for act by request, also I have tendency to give the acts to banders, ales and tales frequenters and other cute personalities...
So, I noted your act, Aldekim, thank you very much.
I hope there will be enough acts to make a memorable night.

LEADER

Awarded:

So, as Fearless OW Band Leader for next week, here are my thoughts. I don't do too well with on-the-fly text-overload (e.g. I typically turn off kinchat and emotes so I can focus on raid-chat during OW and BBB), so I'm hoping we can plan out the musical portion of the anniversary event as much ahead of time as possible. There will be much to handle at the last minute anyway, so hopefully song-selection won't be one of them.

I've added a page to the A&T signup document listing each of the songs from "Beyond the Western Seas". There are certain songs which OW can likely handle best, as these require more instruments. The others are open for anyone who we'd like to have play them (kin, friends, whoever). Obviously BTWS does not have to all be played back to back; we can have stories/other-songs/etc. in between. Also, since I do not have a very long history with A&T, I don't know who all should be asked to perform if volunteers don't step forward, but I can make some educated guesses if needed.

One other thing I would ask: for each of the BTWS songs which has lyrics, regardless of who ends up performing them (solo, group, whatever), that those lyrics be performed (i.e. please don't sign up for a BTWS solo song with lyrics if you don't know how to use Lyrical).

Perhaps a separate thread should be started for individuals who will play with OW? This can be somewhat flexible depending on who signs up for other songs/performances, but we need at least 5 for Durin (with someone to do lyrics), 6 for Celduin and A&T opener, and 8 for Beyond.

edit: for some reason I cannot post the link for the signup doc sad

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

gaiagil
Officer

Awarded:

Ummmm... I offered a story.... Does no one want it?

Pouting....
Gaiagil

Awarded:

gaiagil wrote:
Ummmm... I offered a story.... Does no one want it?

Pouting....
Gaiagil

I do, Gaiagil. Tell it well! =)

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Mithrilfist

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Hey, maybe in September sometime, y'all could do an A&T at the arena in the Horsefields near the festival grounds north of Bree. We could get a formation riding team unit or two together to do a little performance. I don't think we'll be ready for the anniversary though (unless I have some volunteers).

I spoke with Galenhir last night, and he should be able to make this A&T!

--Harper

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Hey, maybe in September sometime, y'all could do an A&T at the arena in the Horsefields near the festival grounds north of Bree. We could get a formation riding team unit or two together to do a little performance. I don't think we'll be ready for the anniversary though (unless I have some volunteers).

Sure! I'd like to reserve the 9/17 show for the Scholar's Enclave in Duillond because the 18th is my birthday and the Enclave is Lennidhren's longtime home... :-) ... so how about the 10th or 24th?

Awarded:

veteranlurker wrote:
So, as Fearless OW Band Leader for next week, here are my thoughts. I don't do too well with on-the-fly text-overload (e.g. I typically turn off kinchat and emotes so I can focus on raid-chat during OW and BBB), so I'm hoping we can plan out the musical portion of the anniversary event as much ahead of time as possible. There will be much to handle at the last minute anyway, so hopefully song-selection won't be one of them.

I've added a page to the A&T signup document listing each of the songs from "Beyond the Western Seas". There are certain songs which OW can likely handle best, as these require more instruments. The others are open for anyone who we'd like to have play them (kin, friends, whoever). Obviously BTWS does not have to all be played back to back; we can have stories/other-songs/etc. in between. Also, since I do not have a very long history with A&T, I don't know who all should be asked to perform if volunteers don't step forward, but I can make some educated guesses if needed.

One other thing I would ask: for each of the BTWS songs which has lyrics, regardless of who ends up performing them (solo, group, whatever), that those lyrics be performed (i.e. please don't sign up for a BTWS solo song with lyrics if you don't know how to use Lyrical).

Perhaps a separate thread should be started for individuals who will play with OW? This can be somewhat flexible depending on who signs up for other songs/performances, but we need at least 5 for Durin (with someone to do lyrics), 6 for Celduin and A&T opener, and 8 for Beyond.

edit: for some reason I cannot post the link for the signup doc sad

This link redirects to it: http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew

The OW signup list is a nice addition! I would be glad to join anyone who wants to play one of the duets/trios and is looking for more musicians. I would also be happy to sing any lyrics; I think I have all of the album's songs with lyrics ready in Lyrical.

Awarded:

So far I have Floradine, Lennidhren and myself signed up for Old Winyards for this Monday's anniversary performance. We don't have anyone signed up for solo/duo/group musical numbers yet. Shall I start asking people (e.g. Melanie, Kaleigh, etc.) or do we have another plan being implemented? I don't want to offer/promise something to someone and then not have it happen.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: