Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Planning the third anniversary of Ales and Tales

Dunno if this is the correct place to post, but I have a suggestion: in lieu of the regular Old Winyards sets for the anniversary, we could play "Beyond The Western Seas" in its entirety. It's roughly 40 minutes, if I did the math correctly.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aldekim
Officer

"Beyond the Western Seas" might make a good special concert, but I don't know that a continuous 40 minute set is appropriate for an anniversary celebration. Perhaps it could be broken up with some played as the event intro and more as the dance set. This needs to be a celebration of Ales & Tales. I would perfer to see the Ales & Tales theme song and maybe even the Lonely Mountain Band theme song performed along with performances by our past and present regulars like Melanie, Kaleigh, Mithrilfist, Lennidhren, Harperella and such. Maybe we could even offer a slot to EMS if Maestro Keptwise wishes to do so. (extending the olive branch so to speak) And a nice fireworks display at the end would be a plus in my book. Who knows, maybe we could even persuade our founder to make an appearance.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Aldekim
Officer

In any event I would like to see an MC selected a bit in advance and maybe line up a few key performers in advance so that special announcements and performances can be prepared in advance.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
`Tinki`
Officer

It is rather lonely without our founder. Would love to see Galenhir at the event.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Aldekim wrote:
In any event I would like to see an MC selected a bit in advance and maybe line up a few key performers in advance so that special announcements and performances can be prepared in advance.

We've got Mellilot signed up to MC, Anthemisi as stage manager and Byrcha as OW bandleader ( http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew ). If we want repeats of past performances we should line those up in advance. That's pretty much what we did for our 2nd anniversary (or was that the 100th week of it? They fell within a few weeks of each other and right when we were starting the podcast).

Awarded:

@Aldekim, offering a slot to EMS is a great suggestion imho

Aldekim
Officer

Keli wrote:
@Aldekim, offering a slot to EMS is a great suggestion imho

Due to the past difficulties, I would like to get Harperella's thought on this. Assuming the idea is approved our stage manager might be the one to do the invite, or someone selected by Harperella. Naturally I would be happy to do the invite. We also need to solicit names of other past performers for similar invitatiions.

Andeon
Officer

re: re : EMS invite

honestly, I've always kept Keptwise friended - he's a longtime friend, and one of my earliest in the band. However, I honestly feel that inviting EMS to a special ales and tales could easily cause more harm than good. For whatever reasons, good or ill, Keptwise has a particular...feeling...about the leadership and general demeanor of the band, and while it would be wonderful if things went well, if *anything* went even the slightest bit awry, I suspect it would cause another bout of unpleasantness all around.

still, if someone wants to extend the offer, I would love to see it work out well - however, I strongly recommend if we do move forward, tread very, very carefully.

Awarded:

All things considered, I'd prefer we do not extend an invitation that way for this event.
Harperella
High Officer

Hello, everyone! I'm just back from my trip so still catching up. I think we don't need a special invite to EMS for A&T 3rd anniversary. They have been a great part of A&T in the past, and I wish them all good, but the last interactions have all been rather negative, including the rather public way they left the event.

On the brighter side, I think I should be able to attend this event and look forward to participating fully!

Let's see if we can get some stand out acts that highlight some of the best moments in Ales and Tales history.

Music
Storytelling
Dancing
Games
Riddles

If you can think of more categories, let's hear them!

--Harper

Awarded:

I'd just like to say that while it would be a great honour for Mellilot to MC this special A&T, I would be happy to stand down in favour of one of the previous MCs with so much longer service :)
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

I share same pleasure with Mellilot, and I feel very lucky. This would be my fifth time being stage menager, and the unforgetable one.

Officer

Awarded:

I think Mellilot, Byrcha, and Anthemisi are doing great jobs. I'm glad to have them serve for this special event. We need to have a good core of people who can do the stage crew positions so people can rotate in and out. We now have four very well trained stage-managers: Tamroch, Me, Lennidhren and Anthemisi. We are blessed with a great number of excellent MC's: Locney, Bandoras, Beorbrand, Harperella, Lennidhren, Me, and Mellilot. I hope I didn't forget anyone. And we could use some more trained as OW Bandleader: Byrcha, Me, Lennidhren and others who have done it once or twice have mostly done that job. Anyone who wants to give it a go, should. Like I said, the more who can do the jobs the better. Tinki's got vending down, but he's had good help from Gori, Ellasse, Byrdie and others.

It makes me proud to be able to say so many of us participate to make these events successful.

As to planning: I am willing to perform a tale. I'm happy to reprise any of the Fall of Gondolin tales, or have Gypsalia come in and do her "Feanor, the First Ever Pirate" tale. Talk like a Pirate Day is coming up, but that's my favorite of my own tales....

Best,
Gaiagil

Awarded:

I would like to help with this in some form, too. Maybe play with OW?

If you would be so kind, whomever acts as stage manager, please save a spot for Aldekim to recite a poem he has composed in honor of Ales & Tales 3rd Anniversary.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: