Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege 06/17/12

first of all, thank you once again to our intrepid adventurers for joining us this last sunday for instances and battles across middle earth. As we have multiple groups forming, I sometimes miss who went where, but I *think* Tinki was kind enough to be gathering a great barrows group last weekend (at least, that was the last I heard) - and I was lucky enough to introduce several people to the oft forgotten Urugarth instance, where trolls, wargs, drakes and orcs fell to the blades of the Lonely Mountain Band. We even had some adventurous 3-man adventures afterwards, although fell sorcery denied us proper deed completion of Dargnakh (very frustrating, to say the least)

This upcoming Sunday will be day-after Weatherstock, so I'm not sure how many folks will still be up for adventuring festivities, but provided we have some people, I hope to see many of us there. Requests still abound for Carn Dum and Urugarth for deeds, class quest items and general fun (if you're looking for class quest items, check the kinhouse chests - top floor is chock full of bloodstained tally sticks and other stuff)

Sigil and company is hot on the trail of bright emblems of Nimrodel, which means we have at least one person with strong interest in Turtle, and of course, there's always the Watcher - an extraordinarily fun and challenging encounter.

We still have a host of fellows that need to complete deeds in moria - Isilwren and her girls are running friday night deed runs through Moria, and SNS is happy to take people there as well (did Fil Gashan a coupla weeks ago - never really get tired of that place :))

also, revamped fornost IS SCALEABLE - that means that all manner of groups can go there, and can find an excellent on-level challenge - the water wing boss is PARTICULARLY crazy fun :)

all manner of adventure can be found in middle earth, but the most fun, the most challenging, and generally, the most rewarding, are to be found with groups! take an opportunity to group up with fellows on Sunday Evenings, starting 2pm PST (5pm EST) and take battle to the many strongholds of evil in middle earth, with the Sunday Night Siege!!

re: Re: Sunday Night Siege 06/17/12

Andeon wrote:
also, revamped fornost IS SCALEABLE - that means that all manner of groups can go there, and can find an excellent on-level challenge - the water wing boss is PARTICULARLY crazy fun :)

Be aware that these new wings are gated, such that you can only do one at first, and completing it will presumably open the next one. Cam tried to assist Fili's folks there and was unable to get in, so past completions are no longer relevant... Course, that just means we all need to go beat on the first wing!

Andeon
Officer

Oh, and on a note - Camara and Isilwren (on Araweniel) and I beat Dargnakh tier 1 last sunday, but didn't get the deed completion - after some running around on the lotro forums, the general consensus seems to be that in order to complete that particular deed, we have to personally kill Dargnakh - we can't let the light turn him to stone, but instead have to dps him down ourselves

that'll be an all new kind of challenge for us to manage, but I'm looking forward to it

Awarded:

Andeon wrote:
in order to complete that particular deed, we have to personally kill Dargnakh - we can't let the light turn him to stone, but instead have to dps him down ourselves

The key is to have the tank pull him to the center of the room, away from the pillars. That way, when he goes into a rage, he won't knock anything down. Once you get him to stand there, it's a looooong fight... having a lot of DPS obviously helps. Also, you need to have a dedicated healer (minstrel or RK). Each time he goes into a rage, he gets a huge DPS buff, so the tank will need a lot of healing.

Time to go visit him again then...

Brenyn
Officer

Awarded:

Did someone mention the need for some DPS? I *should* be around tonight for SNS, unless the Father's day activities get out of hand...

- B

re: father's day

sadly, I forgot to mention, I'll be gone this sunday - Dad wants to grill tri-tip, and I suppoooooooseee I'll just *have* to eat some tri tip...(long suffering sarastic sigh)

my dad makes great tri-tip :)

so, I'll be gone this sunday, but I'll be eating well
I hope you all get to spend some time with your fathers, or, enjoy being waited on hand and foot by your children/spouse

if you find yourselves in the world of middle earth, please feel free to gather together and take some righteous wrath of the free peoples to strongholds of the shadow, and I'm sorry I can't be there with you today

good hunting and good fortune to you all!

We did manage a full run of Grand Stairs and another completing all but the last boss in the Halls of Crafting this week.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: