Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Lorgelas

re: Guild Wars 2

I've been having tons of fun with GW2. This is why you haven't seen me on LOTRO as much lately. I'm not done with LOTRO by a long shot, but it's nice to take a break and try other stuff. I'm playing on Jade Quarry
Dhagras
PDL

I play on the Sactum of Rall

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thraktuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Hey GW2 players,

I recently received the below warning in my email. Actually, it was in the Spam folder because Gmail found it suspicious. I thought it so as well, so I went directly to the GW2 website and clicked on Support. The very first thing I saw was an announcement that there are a number of very convincing phishing emails out there lately. Be alert! If you receive any sort of email supposedly from the GW2 or ArenaNet staff, I highly recommend going to the website instead (type the address yourself, don't click on the links in the email!). There isn't a whole lot they can do about the emails, so this will probably keep on happening.

Phishing email I received (warning message courtesy of Gmail - thanks Gmail!):
Forum Image

Awarded:

Anyone still playing GW2 and if yes, which server.?
Merrydew2

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Anyone still playing GW2 and if yes, which server.?

Merrydew plays on Tarnished Coast. I have a lvl 80 Ranger named Willowing, lvl 46 Elementalist named Merry Rose and a few scrapy little guys I am trying out.

Trying to raise grandchildren is like trying to nail Jell-o to a tree.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Nice, I am on Jade Quarry but I am sure that with some planning, we could all visit the same world one day.
Naethril

Awarded:

I recently became active again on Tarnished Coast with a 49 Ele, and I'm still looking for a friendly guild.
Berrieblossom

Northern Shiverpeaks here, but not terribly active of late. I liked the original better and still trying to adjust to the style of the new version. But given that I'm rapidly running out of things to do in LOTRO, will probably be there more often in the not too distant future.

Also a distant acquaintance of that gloomy Elf Tuiliel and her beloved Eluridan
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

I recently picked up GW2 again, and started an elementalist (Cynereth) on Tarnished Coast. Enjoying it so far, except for the crafting... it seems *way* more grindy and dependent on farming mats than LotRO's crafting system. wow!

@ Anarwald - wow, that's entirely the opposite of my reaction to crafting in GW2 - I found crafting in general to be a TREMENDOUS relief in GW2 - no competing for nodes, all classes have the capacity to gather all crafting mats, instant access to bank from crafting locations, a separate general bank *specifically* for crafting mats that is free, and xp for crafting - pound for pound, I've found GW2 crafting to be the single least obnoxious crafting system I've ever used (haven't used TOR yet, where I hear I can get my npc allies to craft FOR me! that would be even better!!)

that being said, crafted items in GW2 are nice but not particularly necessary, and I haven't tried any of the crazy top-end gear crafting, which can require crazy component grinds, from what I hear - but in general, GW2 still has the least obnoxious crafting system I've ever played

my characters are all on Tarnished Coast as well - I don't play much, with my time currently divided between LOTRO, and partly STO, and some Planetside 2, and now and again a little GW2, and well...I don't have time for any ONE of these games, much less all 4 plus my single player games...

grrrr...I made myself sad...and angry

Awarded:

I'm on Henge of Denravi myself. I have a level 49 thief Cari Mac and a few lowbies I'm trying out.

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Dhagras
PDL

Andeon wrote:
@ Anarwald - wow, that's entirely the opposite of my reaction to crafting in GW2 - I found crafting in general to be a TREMENDOUS relief in GW2 - no competing for nodes, all classes have the capacity to gather all crafting mats, instant access to bank from crafting locations, a separate general bank *specifically* for crafting mats that is free, and xp for crafting - pound for pound, I've found GW2 crafting to be the single least obnoxious crafting system I've ever used (haven't used TOR yet, where I hear I can get my npc allies to craft FOR me! that would be even better!!)

that being said, crafted items in GW2 are nice but not particularly necessary, and I haven't tried any of the crazy top-end gear crafting, which can require crazy component grinds, from what I hear - but in general, GW2 still has the least obnoxious crafting system I've ever played

my characters are all on Tarnished Coast as well - I don't play much, with my time currently divided between LOTRO, and partly STO, and some Planetside 2, and now and again a little GW2, and well...I don't have time for any ONE of these games, much less all 4 plus my single player games...

grrrr...I made myself sad...and angry

TOR's system is ok but is very very VERY time comsuming as it can take up to 30-120 Minutes to craft/gather mats at end game level which is very annoying some times. and you dont get xp for it.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thraktuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

Andeon wrote:

I agree, those things are nice... however, I am trying to keep my elementalist decked out in the best possible armor for her level, which means discovering every single insignia and armor recipe for each tier. Some of the recipes, especially the insignia ones, require mats that drop from particular mobs with a fairly small drop-chance (e.g. Small Venom Sacs, Totems, and the like) -- gathering those can easily become a royal PITA, since you have to keep farming mobs for hours on end to get enough of those components for a full armor set.

Compared to LotRO, where most crafting components drop from landscape mobs fairly consistently (I can get enough hides for a full set of armor after maybe 20 minutes of killing stuff), component-gathering in Guild Wars 2 is definitely a horrible grind. But once you've got everything you need, then yes, the rest of the crafting process is a breeze. :)

oh, well, in that case, yes. not since my first MMO have I ever tried to keep gear equal to level - most MMO's by the time I'm interested in playing them seriously, have scaled back leveling to the point where you outleveled gear so quickly, and drop gear was so reasonably useful, that gearing for top end crafted per level was a crazy waste of time that I could spend actually playing.

ah, I miss City of Heroes so much - for awhile, there was NO CRAFTING AT ALL!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

they eventually added crafting...I was sad. It wasn't bad...it was...interesting. But I was perfectly fine when there wasn't any crafting at all.

I'm not sure why I started talking...

Officer

Awarded:

I'm on Tarnished Coast as well, when I'm on (which isn't much lately because I've been trying out Neverwinter open beta). I'm Graínne in GW2 (the accent over the i is important!) or just add my display name, GrainneShadowlight.2873.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: