Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
CGriffin
Officer

re: Guild Wars 2

I think we got kind of spoiled. Last night's stress test saw all kinds of graphics glitches and crashes that the previous BWEs and tests didnt have. Perhaps that's why there's another test so soon after the last one...

Jayed the Bowmaster

well my plan was to play GW2..so after the last BWE I thought what should I play for a month..well i knew Lotro was free so why not..well needless to say I cancelled GW2 and im a full member here and have most of the expansions including RoR LOL...

BWE of GW2 did not impress me enough to spend $80.
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

Haven't made final decision but likely to be on Yak's Bend - I have a lot of friends on that one from The Older Gamers

Lorgelas

I'm pretty sure i'm going to be on Sorrows Furnace,unless I change my mind at the last minute :)

Jonin.7230

Look me up :)
Alinniel
carimac

Awarded:

I'm carimac.7569

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

hammino

I just got guild wars 2.

Not sure where I will go. Probably to one of my friends servers. my account is CrimsonSpear.8329

I am on Tarnished Coast with Harperella and Harperflora. I will try and found a LMB guild as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Awarded:

Keli Shieldmaiden on Tarnished Coast - Keli.7241

hammino

I am also on tarnished coast now

Awarded:

Jade Quarry filled up, so I'm on Tarnished Coast as well now. I still haven't created my main character, though.

Awarded:

Harper, to create a guild, press the 'G' button and pay 1 silver. You will be asked to enter a guild name and a guild tag. A guild tag is usually an acronym up to 4 characters long (though I have always seen them in letters), so LMB's may look like "Lonely Mountain Band {LMB)."

Pay attention to the Roster. Just to the left of the names of the guild members in the roster is a symbol that represents their rank. Clicking on it allows you to change that rank. And when you want to invite someone to the guild, just right-click on their name and select "Guild Invite". This can also be done from the Contacts screen.

One difference between LotRO and Guild Wars 2 is GW2's player's option to Represent (your guild). You don't have to wear your guild tag if you don't want to, but when you do, it is important to visit the Guild screen (again, press 'G') and at the bottom of the screen, select "Represent" to do just that.

At least, I think that's how it all works (I'm still waking up here. Good morning, everyone!). =)

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Mithrilfist =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Lobolan

Also on Tarnished Coast here. My first guy is only level 6 so far, a Norn Guardian named Grizzwulf. If there is a LMB guild, I would be proud to be a charter member over there.

I also have a character that I haven't played yet named Ferndoc, who is one of the elf-ish guys. Sylvain or whatever they are called.

"I have claimed that Escape is one of the main functions of fairy-stories, and since I do not disapprove of them, it is plain that I do not accept the tone of scorn or pity with which 'Escape' is now so often used. Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?"
-JRR Tolkien, On Fairy-Stories

Getting in Shape for Dragon*Con
Harperella
High Officer

Dannigan wrote:
Harper, to create a guild, press the 'G' button and pay 1 silver. You will be asked to enter a guild name and a guild tag. A guild tag is usually an acronym up to 4 characters long (though I have always seen them in letters), so LMB's may look like "Lonely Mountain Band {LMB)."

Pay attention to the Roster. Just to the left of the names of the guild members in the roster is a symbol that represents their rank. Clicking on it allows you to change that rank. And when you want to invite someone to the guild, just right-click on their name and select "Guild Invite". This can also be done from the Contacts screen.

One difference between LotRO and Guild Wars 2 is GW2's player's option to Represent (your guild). You don't have to wear your guild tag if you don't want to, but when you do, it is important to visit the Guild screen (again, press 'G') and at the bottom of the screen, select "Represent" to do just that.

At least, I think that's how it all works (I'm still waking up here. Good morning, everyone!). =)

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Mithrilfist =)

I think my problem is that I'm always stuck on the overflow server. I get to the screen to create the guild, I have the form filled out, I have the money to pay, and the "Create Guild" button is no longer greyed out. But when I click on it, nothing happens. No error message, no guild creation, just nothing. So I think the problem is that I must be actually on Tarnished Coast to found the guild.

--Harper

Awarded:

They also have Guild creation issues.

They mention it here: http://ow.ly/deRxt
(I haven't read all of it, especially not clicked on the links given)

Currently I am dl'ing the EN language files to have the client in English. After that I will create a Floradine (hopefully the name is not taken yet). My initial plan was to play on a German server but I made my mind up and decided to stick with the people I know and like. I guess on a German server -where I understand each and every word, wordplay and double meaning- I would only get tired of the all too stupid chat, lol.

So hopefully see you here or there :)

Awarded:

I did the totally obvious thing and created a Sylvari Elementarist by the name of Floradine.
If you see me in GW2, please say hello and ninja-invite me to the LMB guild if you can :D

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: