Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

re: Guild Wars 2

I'd have loved to join you all in GW2... the gameplay looks incredibly enticing (especially the Mesmer!). But sadly, I don't have the time or the money to spare on another MMO. sad

Have fun in Tyria, y'all!

Awarded:

Here's a list of worlds for GW2 http://is.gd/HxtDrN does anyone have an idea of which world they will be playing on?

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

It seems the RP community will be on the US world Tarnished Coast. I expect that's where my guild will be as well, at least for beta events.

Awarded:

Finally I had time to solve the issue with my account and I am now downloading the client. I doubt that the download will be finished till the start but now there is no way to speed it all up anyway.

So you're all (or will be) on Tarnished Coast? I will post the name of my character here when I created one.

Officer

Awarded:

Think I will stick to the European servers for this.

Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

Ok... so after many more hours of agonizing over the gameplay videos on youtube and the promotional videos on the website, I finally caved in and signed up for GW2. It looks like I'll be joining you guys in Tyria after all!

I'll edit this post with the name of my character. In the meantime, have we all decided on Tarnished Coast? Apparently people who participate in Beta events will get 2000 gems off the bat, so a transfer will be easy... but I'd like to make sure. :)

Awarded:

Aaaahhh... I likes me the beta's. You get kicked out or can't get in :D But that's all too normal.

Anyway. If you see a huge redheaded woman by the name of Therea I would appreciate it if you'd say hello ;) Sadly the two races I am interested in are not available so I am planning to change later on.

Awarded:

Andivar Relstom the human Mesmer is alive and well on Tarnished Coast. Sadly, right now the lag is unbearable -- it makes the game almost unplayable. ArenaNet say they're working on fixing it.

It's pretty fun so far, though! I really love the dynamic events. :)

Awarded:

changed char to... you'll never guess!

Or maybe you will.

Officer

Awarded:

wow, guilds limited to 100 accounts, we had to start a seond one!

Alinniel
carimac

Awarded:

Keelymac, Norn, Engineeris alive and well on the Tarnished Coast, but she hasn't made it onto the real server yet. Been in the overflow server for the whole time. Still having a blast.

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

So was anyone at the Beta Weekend finale event last night (Sunday)? If you saw a female norn Elementalist called Celaira running around -- that was me!

Officer

Awarded:

Keli wrote:
wow, guilds limited to 100 accounts, we had to start a seond one!

Still trying to understand this - my guild (The Older Gamers) had 2,500+ accounts on Rift. Guild chat is a nightmare on GW2.

But amazed at being able to buy/sell across servers.

My fear is that the same will happen as happened to WAR. When you have a game that relies so much on events, once the crowd has moved on, if you are behind or rolling a new character there won't be enough people around to complete the events. The only time I have died is when I hit an event and there wasn't more than 1/2 other players in support.

Enjoyable game and I'll use it as a second, good for dipping into as a change. But it won't replace Lotro as my main game nor LMB as the people I like to spend most of my time with.

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

I have played the GW2 beta for 30 minutes or so. Then RL and LMB-organizing took over again xD

But GW2-graphics looks quite stunning I have to say. So I am looking forward when the game started and is running for some time (to get rid of the mob in the starting area) and take a second look in a relaxed Balou-the-bear-manner.

Awarded:

I was at the closing event last night. As far as I know I never made it off the overflow servers. Interesting event. Funny in-game story, I played a Norn and went up to the arena after my opening event to get a skill point. Trying to have no spoilers here. I had a lovely convsation with a laborer about what to do with some rather large remains. She suggested they should use a bunny for the next event since they were so small. At the end event low and behold the bunny of death or something like that arrived to eat our faces. I'd never have know why the boss was a bunny if I hadn't taken the time to speak to the NPC. Lesson here take your time and talk to everyone.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: