Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
CGriffin
Officer

re: Guild Wars 2

An excellent assessment, Niphred... Camara is (well, probably 'was' by now) a lvl 20 engineer. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed that class. I dealt entirely with PVE; no PVP at all. Some bugs, as you would expect with a beta, but I can certainly see making that my secondary MMO.

Off to the airport, so I'll post more later...

Niphred

Thoughts? I enjoyed the beta a lot and I see this going well alongside LOTRO and All Points Bulletin. The PvP reminded me a lot of Warhammer's. The PvE was really excellent in many ways. The scale of the starting areas first quests were most impressive. Most of them had me fighting a creature at least 20 times as tall as my character. I also enjoyed the questing being based around exploration. With how unique the quests are, I have a strong suspicion that content may not be plentiful enough for people who only roll one character and like to powerlevel.

If anyone plans to lead an LMB group there or if most of the LMB members have a different guild in mind, I would be happy to join up.

“Did you not call this a glorious expedition? And wherefore was it glorious? Not because the way was smooth and placid as a southern sea, but because it was full of dangers and terror; because at every new incident your fortitude was to be called forth and your courage exhibited; because danger and death surrounded it, and these you were to brave and overcome. For this was it a glorious, for this was it an honorable undertaking.” - Victor Frankenstein
CGriffin
Officer

Tarnished Coast it is! I hear that the plan was to wipe before and after this weekend, so there's probably not a lot of point to sweating too much on a guild and such, but next month... :)

I am planning on making either Cam (asura) or Laurel (sylvari), so keep an eye out. I've got meetings through till 5:30 today though, so I probably wont be there till at least three and a half hours after it starts.

Alinniel
carimac

Awarded:

I will be. Look for anyone with Mac for a last name, and that will probably be me.

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

I managed to make it work by deleting all the files and folders from the old installation, updating my graphics driver, and downloading the latest GW2Setup.exe file. So it looks like I'm all set for tomorrow! Yay!

Are you all still going to be on Tarnished Coast?

Awarded:

I'm not going to be any help. I haven't gotten that error. I did patch late last week, and haven't updated since.

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

I'm trying to update my GW2 launcher, and it's giving me a "serious error". The details say something about a "Dx9Tex.cpp" file. I never had this error before, and was able to participate in the two previous BWE's without problems. Is anyone else getting something like this? I'd post a screenshot or copy-paste the details here, but I don't have access to my designated gaming computer at the moment... eye roll

bump

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Maxine-Flux

carimac wrote:
Release date 8/28/2012!

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-launch-date

HUZZAH!! And the final Beta Weekend on July 20th!
Alinniel
carimac

Awarded:

Release date 8/28/2012!

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-launch-date

CGriffin
Officer

I hear tell that account names become useful for contact purposes, so...

cgriffin.6408

`Tinki`
Officer

I meant on all the other MMO games I have tried. RP means a whole lot to me personally here in LOTRO. The other games I have tried have no immersion qualities for my taste.

Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

`Tinki` wrote:
After SWTOR I dont think RP servers mean much to me. I have tried RP in Rift and Aion and just cant see what the diference ought to be. There is nothing but fighting and looking for fighting for any social activity as far as I can tell. Another reason LOTRO rawks.

RP servers mean a great deal to me. I see a large difference, say, between Landroval and Silverlode (where Khered and I first started). Of course, each game is going to draw its own crowd (and LotRO tends to draw the mature-minded as opposed to most other games, it seems).

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
`Tinki`
Officer

After SWTOR I dont think RP servers mean much to me. I have tried RP in Rift and Aion and just cant see what the diference ought to be. There is nothing but fighting and looking for fighting for any social activity as far as I can tell. Another reason LOTRO rawks.

Harperella
High Officer

CGriffin wrote:
carimac wrote:
I did see an option in the gem store to put the stats of one piece of armor to another piece of armor you like the look of. Hopefully there will be something out there that looks better, and you can make use of that option.

I saw a vid of this someone had posted... There were three "components" that they were able to pick from one piece or the other. So, the appearance of A, the stats of B, and the uh... whatever the third component was from B also, and then poof. One piece of customized gear, where once there were two. Interesting idea... Apparently the items that allow you to do this come from either the store or something called mystical boxes.

I've really liked the face that female armor in LOTRO is not of the chainmail bikini type. I really haven't played many other games, and this is one major reason why. It just degrades the whole tone of the game IMO. In guild wars the style seems to be more of "Anime Cheerleader" for light armor wearers.

--Harper

Page 7 of 10

Jump to: