Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege 04/08/12

well, the APRIL FOOLS SATUNDAY NIGHT SKIEGERMISH turned out to be quite the entertaining experience. I still have a host of pics to put up (I've been swamped lately), but we had a full company of 24 (plus a couple extras near the end that tagged along nearby but didn't fit in the raid), all equipped with pitchforks, shovels, frying pans (sometimes dual-wielding) and butter knives, all manner of crazy hats and outfits, and absolutely enraged by --enterrageissuehere--

we made our way all the way to the tent of doom, with several exciting (and unexpectedly large) battles as passerby sometimes dragged their own fights into ours, and then, fought our way tooth and nail into and through the tent of doom itself! The company was mighty and victorious, with only a couple of fallen comrades all the way to our final victory over the camp leader himself.

Then we tried to leave... :)

yes, the company more or less devolved into mass chaos once our primary objective had completed, and our exit strategy involved leaving many people behind to their dooms, while about a third of us ran to the exit, and a third of us wandered halfway between running for the exit and sticking around wondering if we should save the people we left to their dooms...

all in all, a perfect way to spend an april fools!

I want to thank everyone that participated, including many fellows that generously donated various mathoms so that all the company could garner the respect of the hobbits of michael delving and gain access to their armory of angry-mob weaponry

With that out of the way, what comes next is deciding what to do for this upcoming sunday. My personal idea...

the last couple of raids we've put together (watcher and this most recent fun-run) have highlighted that we not only have a large company of fairly high level kinnies that have very little (if any) experience in grouping and instances, but even fewer with any real experience in 12-man raids. I've been thinking about this for awhile, and been wondering what might make the best 12-man raid introductory run, and run some 12-man raids for introductory level folks to learn some medium level strategies and tactics for raiding.

As such, my first suggestion for this upcoming sunday - I'm offering to run introductory 12-man raid lessons into...THE RIFT OF NURZ GHASHU!!

the rift is a very long run, but it is an EXCELLENT place to learn all the fundamental skills necessary for the advanced instances (both 6 and 12-man) that take place further on in middle earth

we also have a bunch of people who enjoy running the rift in general

so, I offer that up for consideration, but, as always, I will invite anyone to post their interests here in this thread, or call it out when the next Sunday Night Siege is upon us, and we'll see what people want to do, and what we *can* do :)

also keep in mind that we have adventures available for folks at other times as well - shortly after Sunday Night Siege begins, you can look for Lindorieh (and others) to begin gathering people for the Sunday Night Skirmish, where we gather many folks for skirmishes on sunday late afternoons for many of the folks that we can't otherwise fit into SNS classic - also, people are starting to gather for adventures during other days of the week - friday nights look for isilwren and her girls to be leading companies adventuring in Moria (I think they're still running skumfil) and Shadewicke and Beorbrand have been talking about gathering companies on Saturday nights for 12-man raid skirmishes!!

so keep your eyes open for adventure, excitement and education with the Lonely Mountain Band's adventure activities!!

If you can't fill up the raid with level-caps, I'd love to bring one of my level 60ish alts. I really want to get the complete champion armor set as a cosmetic outfit...oh, I just thought of something. Is the Rift scalable now? If so then I'm obviously out, but if it is still locked at level 50 I would like consideration as a sub.
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: Sunday Night Siege 04/08/12

Andeon wrote:

we also have a bunch of people who enjoy running the rift in general

Me me! I do!

I might send Horazia to help with healing this time, since Lenn has been present for the demise of the balrog once before. And speaking of things Lenn has and hasn't been present for, I want to deal with that Helegrod dragon sometime too...But the Rift for this weekend sounds swell, Cap'n!

Haydnseek wrote:
If you can't fill up the raid with level-caps, I'd love to bring one of my level 60ish alts. I really want to get the complete champion armor set as a cosmetic outfit...oh, I just thought of something. Is the Rift scalable now? If so then I'm obviously out, but if it is still locked at level 50 I would like consideration as a sub.

It is still locked; fear not! And I'm happy to send along whomever is needed. In the appropriate level range (or higher) I've got two tanks, three damage-dishers, a healer, and a... uhm... well, whatever those cappy things are.

`Tinki`
Officer

I would LOVE to be involved, but we might should remember to give way to the newer membership and the less hardened veterans. Of course if there be any slack I want in!

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

Andeon wrote:
As such, my first suggestion for this upcoming sunday - I'm offering to run introductory 12-man raid lessons into...THE RIFT OF NURZ GHASHU!!

I don't know about everybody else... but I've been hearing several reports, via GLFF and other sources, that the Rift instance is broken. It won't allow a full 12-man raid to enter. I don't really know whether this information is accurate, or whether it's an intermittent issue. Perhaps we could test it sometime during the next 3 days, if people are available?

If the instance is in fact broken, then I'd suggest either Helegrod, or the Dar Narbugud raid in Moria. I've never run either of those, and would love to experience them.

I also have a level-43-and-rising burglar who I'm itching to get some grouping experience on. Fornost, it seems, is closed for renovations... however, it would be great if we could get an Annuminas run going! So if any mid-40's range folks want to run Annuminas, give me a shout in-game. :)

#1 - since this is an introductory level raid experience that I'm planning, I *highly* recommend anyone with 50ish and up characters that would like to cut their teeth on raiding, to join us

#2 - as you can see, I have several faithful veterans that enjoy the rift and would love to join us (thank you all) - tinki's quite right though, I'd like, if at all possible, to make room for as many people that are there to learn for the first time, before accepting my much appreciated veterans :)

#3 - hadn't heard about issues with the Rift, and I'll certainly be disappointed if it turns out to be so, because there's really nowhere quite as perfect for introductory running as the rift - we could certainly knock out some wings of helegrod, and it would still be fun - but the actual battle don't involve quite the range of skills that the Rift will test

as for Dar Narbugud...that could also be a fun run, but it *is* set at a higher level (56? 58? - something like that) and would be CONSIDERABLY harder, as I've never made it quite past the first boss pair, and in general, the instance has a terrifying reputation (that, of course, is no reason NOT to go, but does make it less than ideal for an introductory lesson run)

I've only gotten to do a couple of the Annuminas instances - they're quite fun - if you can find folks that would like to run annuminas, I wholeheartedly support you gathering a fellowship and running it! I might even do it myself, if interest in Rift/Helegrod intro run doesn't turn out to be as strong as I hope

keep watching here - and I look forward to seeing you all Sunday (and possibly saturday as well)

Awarded:

Rift?!
It's been eons since I ran the Rift, and I love that place. Absolutely count me in for this.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Byrcha is up for Annuminas for raid-learning. If not this Sunday (family stuff will likely intervene) then whenever the stars otherwise align.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

I too have heard that the 'Rift' is closed for repairs.
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

I've only been in the Rift once, and that was as an over-leveled Minstrel. I had to leave early, came back hours later and they were still going, so I went back for the end. Fun times!

Apis, as a level 53 with not-nearly-enough grouping experience, would absolutely love to go. Of course if it's broken she can wait a bit longer. I hope we could take a group sometime, since it seems like a lot of people are interested.

Edit: A bit of research in the forums confirms that a number of people are having the same issue since Update 6.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?450190-Rift-Instance-Bugged
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?450385-Rift-broken

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Runesdaeg

Awarded:

If The Rift is indeed broken (I hope it isn't) I'd be game for whatever Moria raids we can think up. Chances are I'll actually remember something from one of them and be useful.
Andeon
Officer

grr...unless theres a hotfix, it's looking like an introductory raid for the rift is out until mid/late april, unless anyone wants to 6-man it for a challenge :)

thats very disappointing

on the flipside, it's given me an idea for a massive, 24-man end-game raid...LAIR OF THE [INVALIDSTRING]

it's a 24-man raid instance that features all the bugs of all the other instances! It'll feature at least 12 boss battles, each one of which suffers from iconic bugs in the LOTRO instance system - challenge mode is to complete the instance without having to summon a GM!!

of course, the quest rewards should be appropriate as well - a drop for a token that gives you one of the swift-travel mounts that runs off of cliffs to your doom - maybe a special summoning horn that will only summon people into stuck locations in the landscape - and a special skirmish skill that causes your skirmish soldier to stop responding!

anyway...*grumble*...
This sunday, we'll see what still works, and then go from there - sounds like we've still got folks interested in Annuminas, and there are many, many other fun and challenging adventures to be had all throughout middle earth - just looks like I'm gonna have to wing it a little more than usual

Thats a LOL indeed! Looks to be a daunting challenge to me!

Andeon wrote:
of course, the quest rewards should be appropriate as well - a drop for a token that gives you one of the swift-travel mounts that runs off of cliffs to your doom - maybe a special summoning horn that will only summon people into stuck locations in the landscape - and a special skirmish skill that causes your skirmish soldier to stop responding!

How about one of those new special rental mounts? Halfway to your destination, it just stops and won't move again, with a nice long cooldown?

`Tinki`
Officer

Andeon wrote:
grr...unless theres a hotfix, it's looking like an introductory raid for the rift is out until mid/late april, unless anyone wants to 6-man it for a challenge :)

thats very disappointing

on the flipside, it's given me an idea for a massive, 24-man end-game raid...LAIR OF THE [INVALIDSTRING]

it's a 24-man raid instance that features all the bugs of all the other instances! It'll feature at least 12 boss battles, each one of which suffers from iconic bugs in the LOTRO instance system - challenge mode is to complete the instance without having to summon a GM!!

anyway...*grumble*...
This sunday, we'll see what still works, and then go from there - sounds like we've still got folks interested in Annuminas, and there are many, many other fun and challenging adventures to be had all throughout middle earth - just looks like I'm gonna have to wing it a little more than usual

Thats a LOL indeed! Looks to be a daunting challenge to me!

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: