Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Guest readers needed for A&T Podcast! Please help ASAP!

Great! Thanks, guys!

Awarded:

"Bards, Beers, and Longbeards (for BBB)" has been sent to alesandtales@gmail.com! =)

Boy, these are fun to create and share!

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Bluebonnett
Bluebonnett Merrydo

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:
"Bards, Beers, and Longbeards (for BBB)" has been sent to alesandtales@gmail.com! =)

Yay! I'm looking forward to hearing this, since it's hard to pay attention when you're not only up on "stage", being tricked wow! , but you're also trying to copy and paste the lines into another chat channel. lol

Also, sorry about the mix-up there for a moment, where I forgot what channel I was repeating on! blushing Both you and Carica caught me on that. Hehehe.
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

Bluebonnett Merrydo wrote:
Yay! I'm looking forward to hearing this, since it's hard to pay attention when you're not only up on "stage", being tricked , but you're also trying to copy and paste the lines into another chat channel.

Also, sorry about the mix-up there for a moment, where I forgot what channel I was repeating on! Both you and Carica caught me on that. Hehehe.

Bwahaha... it's not that easy, is it?

Awarded:

Anarwald wrote:

Hehehe...it's not so bad, if all you're doing is sitting somewhere, watching the chat, and copying - but when the tale teller calls you up on stage, and wants you to interact WHILE you're copying? Well...let's just say that I was *visibly* repeating what Mithril was saying...in say...in front of the crowd. LOL And it took me a minute to notice the tells telling to switch channels, because at the time, I was scrolled up in my chat window, trying to catch up. LOL

A grand time, to be sure! lol
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Anarwald wrote:

I didn't think it was easy even before I did it, but that night at the Ales & Tales in Trollshaws, I stepped up to the plate and did my best, but it wore me out. . . (well, the busy day wore me out; the rapid copy/pasting into Ales & Tales while filtering just did me in, that night).

I am quite happy being a Booze Master and tale-teller and even Layer Wrangler (like last Ales & Tales)! That's enough for this player! =)

Oh! And "The Magic Pie" has been recorded and sent to alesandtales@gmail.com! Boy, was it fun to record!

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Aldekim
Officer

A little advice please. I have tried recording voice with audacity, but find with my headset I must use voice activated and I either get very low output volume (need both audacity speaker outpout and my headset volumes on max to even hear it) or if I turn up mic volume even a little I get a terrible echo eventually causing some kind of loop that increases the output until it is deafening. Do I need to invest in a better mic than my headset mic? If I record at the really low level can it be turned up later? I know so little about all of this I have no idea....

for the record I downloaded the latest beta of audacity, perhaps the earlier version would work better?

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Isilwren

I'm still up for doing readings. I've been a slacker the last couple of readings but I should be able to make recordings on Fridays now.

Awarded:

I should be able to adjust the volume on your recording, Aldekim. If you want, send me a test recording sample and I'll see if I can fix it up.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: