Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Eleventy-First A&T: Oct 3 at Bag End!

Another great Ales and Tales Celebration - our Eleventy-First, to be held Oct 3 at Bag End! Bring celebratory performances, and sign up below for how you can help out.

Also, we're adding a new role for this and future A&T's: We need a Sound Technician, whose job would be to copy things from the /say channel to the /alesandtales channel, for the sake of those not present or those who are say bugged. You should copy & paste the introductions made by the MC, as well as each line of any stories, poems, etc. performed in the /say channel. This will save performers the trouble of remembering to use the /alesandtales stage microphone to rebroadcast what they are saying in /say.

Quote:
Master/Mistress of Ceremonies = Locney
Introduces the acts.

Stage Manager = Gaiagil
Organizes the acts and feeds the MC with details.

Sound Technician =
Copies and pastes on-stage speech (MC's intros, stories, poems etc.) from /say channel to /alesandtales channel

Booze Master = Tinki?
Distributes ale and pipeweed.

Mentor Mentor = Anarwald?
Organizes Musical Mentoring.

Band Leader =
Organizes Old Winyards.

Dancing Master =
Organizes Dances.

Social Reporter =
Takes screenshots and writes up the event.

Live Tweeter =
Takes screenshots and tweets them to @alesandtales during the event.

Layer Wrangler =
Pulls players into the correct layer.

Town Crier =
Advertises for the event in various regional channels and user channels (alesandtales, shiremoot, etc

Last edited by RannaDylin on 2011/10/03 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I'll find it very difficult to fill the role of social reporter for the next three months or so, since college has started for me and my play time will be rather sporadic. If I do manage to make it to A&T this Monday, I could lead Mentoring (since this seems to be an important position that's usually left vacant).

Awarded:

X:1
T:Edelweiss (1:42)
Z:Transcribed by Tirithannon - Elendilmir
L:1/4
Q:120
K:C
[c'3^g3c3^D] ^D ^D [^d3c'3^g3^D] ^D ^D [^c3^g3f3^D] ^D ^D
[^d29/8^a29/8=g29/8^c29/8^D9/8] ^D9/8 ^D11/8 [=c2^G,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d
[^a3=G,3z] [^d^D2] ^d [^g2C3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^c3F,3z] ^C ^G
[=c2^D,3z] [^G2^D2z] c [c^G3^D3F,3] ^c ^d [f3^A,3z] [^c^G] [^c^G]
[^d3^D,3z] [^c=G^D] [^cG^A,] [=c2^G,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^a3=G,3z]
[^d^c^D2] [^d^c] [^g2=C3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^c3F,3z] ^C ^G [=c2^D,3z]
[^G2=C2z] ^d [^d^c3=G3^D,3^D3] f =g [^g3^G,3z] [^d=c^G^D2] [^dc^G]
[^g3^D,3z] [^dc^G^D2] [^dc^G] [^a^d^c=G,] ^D [^d^c^A] [=g^c3=G3^D,]
[f^D] ^d [=c2^G,] [^G2^D] ^d [^g3^D,] [^dc^G^D] [^dc^G] [f2^C,]
[^c2^G2^G,] [^gF] [^a2=D,] [f2^A2^A,] [^gF] [=g3^D,] [^d^A^A,]
[^d^A=G] [^d3^D,] [^cG^A,] [^cG^D] [=c2^G,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^a3^F,3z]
[^dc^AC2] [^dc^A] [^g2=F,3z] [^G2^C2z] ^d [^c3E,3z] [^G^C2] ^G
[=c2^D,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^d^c3=G3^D,3] [f^D2] =g [^g3^G,] [=c^G^D]
[c^G] [^g3^D,] [c^G^D] [c^G] [c2^G,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^a3=G,3z]
[^d^D2] ^d [^g2=C3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^c3F,3z] ^C ^G [=c2^D,3z]
[^G2^D2z] c [c^G3^D3F,3] ^c ^d [f3^A,3z] [^c^G] [^c^G] [^d3^D,3z]
[^c=G^D] [^cG^A,] [=c2^G,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^a3=G,3z] [^d^c^D2] [^d^c]
[^g2=C3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^c3F,3z] ^C ^G [=c2^D,3z] [^G2=C2z] ^d
[^d^c3=G3^D,3^D3] f =g [^g3^G,3z] [^d=c^G^D2] [^dc^G] [^g3^D,3z]
[^dc^G^D2] [^dc^G] [^a^d^c=G,] ^D [^d^c^A] [=g^c3=G3^D,] [f^D] ^d
[=c2^G,] [^G2^D] ^d [^g3^D,] [^dc^G^D] [^dc^G] [f2^C,] [^c2^G2^G,]
[^gF] [^a2=D,] [f2^A2^A,] [^gF] [=g3^D,] [^d^A^A,] [^d^A=G] [^d3^D,]
[^cG^A,] [^cG^D] [=c2^G,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d [^a3^F,3z] [^dc^AC2] [^dc^A]
[^g2=F,3z] [^G2^C2z] ^d [^c3E,3z] [^G^C2] ^G [=c2^D,3z] [^G2^D2z] ^d
[^d^c3=G3^D,3] [f^D2] =g [^g^d=c^D^G,] [c'^g^d^G^D] [^d^gc^G]
[c'2^g2^d2c2]

I got this off Fat Lute

Awarded:

re: Mentoring Mix-ups...

First of all, I'd like to say that A&T was quite fun today -- the location was picturesque, the crowd was boisterous as ever, and the music was great!

There was a failure of sorts, however, when it came to mentoring -- two people asked to be taught the *lute*. One of them, a burglar, then asked to be taught the clarinet after I explained to him that he already had the lute skill to start with; Carica bravely set herself the task of teaching him the clarinet, only to find he already knew how to play that as well. Both prospective students simply walked off afterwards, without a word. Of course, while I was taking time to explain things to them, everyone else got impatient, started shuffling around, and the whole process became quite disorganized. My attempts to speed things up didn't work. It got to the point where I couldn't tell the minstrels from the students... confused

I'm wondering whether, for next A&T, we should provide a detailed explanation, just before mentoring, of what it involves, what instruments can be taught and which ones everyone starts out with. Seeing as I'll be unable to write up the events for a while, I'd be willing to do this as part of the "Mentor mentor" job.

re: Re: Mentoring Mix-ups...

Anarwald wrote:
I'm wondering whether, for next A&T, we should provide a detailed explanation, just before mentoring, of what it involves, what instruments can be taught and which ones everyone starts out with. Seeing as I'll be unable to write up the events for a while, I'd be willing to do this as part of the "Mentor mentor" job.

The problem I foresee is that you won't know what instruments can be mentored, beyond the two starters; horn and clarinet, I think? Other than that, I would agree that a nice, concise instruction set would be good. We had some similar issues in Rivendell.

Perhaps, we'd be better asking all the students what they're hoping to learn up front, rather than one at a time. That way, we can get the rare stuff knocked out?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: