Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege July 31st, 2011

sadly, due to some last minute changes in schedule on behalf of friends of mine, my normal saturday activity will have to move to sunday (for this weekend only) meaning that I will not be on hand to personally oversee Sunday Night Siege.

I know many of you however *are* on, and so I trust you all to gather for adventure and excitement in the tradition of the day. As for suggestions on how, where and what to gather...

we *finally* managed to get ourselves a good solid Fornost run going last week...I know there was also talk of some Great Barrows adventures, and Lindorieh once again leading skirmishing - I never got to hear how those turned out, but I hope adventure and excitement was had by all

for this weekend, I once again recommend attention be payed to the Great Barrow - I know that Tinki and his sister have been at the GB level and looking for others to join them - and even if they have moved on to their 30's, we almost *always* have folk at the 20ish levels that could use the experience of grouping and instancing - its a very different world in there, to be sure

we've got several folks gathering pre-SNS for Ost Dunoth and Mirkwood instance chains...if you're missing out on those, you might want to log in a tad early and put a call out - those that are regulars might be able to clue you in on these earlier runs...

always look for Lindorieh and Sunday Night Skirmishes if you miss out on getting into a group heading into the instances...

beyond that, I shall leave it to you all to decide what most you want to do and where you can go given what you have available...

I bid you all good hunting!

Awarded:

I have to say, thinking back on the Fornost run... I was definitely the pest of the group. Quite a few ill-judged hunter pulls there. Serves me right that I was the *only* one who died in an insanely overpowered fellowship...

Anyway, that aside: I have a level 22 minstrel, Adivard, who has yet to step over the threshold of Othrongroth. I'd be available to lead or help form some GB groups on Sunday, if there are others willing to run the instance.
Andeon
Officer

no worries anarwald - although you're quite right - the leading cause of hunter death is hunters! :)

some quick advice to help safeguard your life...
1 - might want to turn off whatever button it is that auto-forwards attacks to the nearest enemy. I've seen this as a basic problem with many hunters - there can be a delay between when you hit an attack button, when you see it animate, and when your enemy dies...if any of those points are off, you *may* find yourself hitting one of your ranged attacks at an enemy that is already dead, but hasn't quite updated on your screen yet - when you do, your attack automatically forwards to the nearest eligible enemy if it can, *if* you have that item turned on. obviously, in a hectic battle with many targets most people like to leave this function on, but it is particularly a problem for hunters, as they are the ones MOST prone to clicking a dps skill (as you have so many of them) that will auto-forward to an enemy.

Sadly, no, I don't remember what that checkbox is called, precisely, or where to find it - it should be in your options panel somewhere, and will probably say auto something or other - sadly, its not to be mistaken with auto target forwarding, which *sounds* like what it should be, but actually refers to the ability to target through your target

2 - if you ever grab unwanted aggro...run *towards* *towards* **TOWARDS** the team designated tank (or off tank, if you're lucky enough to find one) - many hunters are used to kiting their enemies when they get too close - in a group fellowship battle, this can make it next to impossible to target you for healing, or to pull aggro off of you with a hth class (wardens, guardians and champs, btw - all tank/off-tank classes, and nearly all ability to draw aggro based on hth, usually with a single ranged taunt)

3 - to avoid grabbing unwanted aggro, forgoe your strength stance, at least during the early part of any important battle, and usually want to give your team tank a good 4-6 seconds AT LEAST to establish a strong hold on aggro before piling in.

Sadly, Camara will be riding a giant eagle to Boise on Sunday, so I'll also be unavailable. Kill some orcs for me!

stjohnp

re: SNS lives!

Sunday Night Sieges was held despite the unfortunate absence of our brave Captain and leader, Andeon. Oddly enough, we had a request to assault Fornost, and so once again, the Band braved the Norbury gates and emerged victorious.

Hrun
Aldekim
Officer

Actually we ran several kin instances Sunday, I participated in three other than the Forenost. It was a great SNS day, sorry you missed it Andeon.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

Sunday Night Skirmishes were also quite successful. Ultarion and I ran Thievery and Mischief in duo mode and managed to get both bosses on the first try! Then we did Siege of Gondamon with a full fellowship. Always a good time. And with three minstrels, we only had one death....we forgot to keep an eye on our hunter!

Lindorieh

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

CGriffin
Officer

Eals and Waryn will both go keep an eye on him! They both need to work on their rez deeds

Andeon
Officer

re: Well done Company!

well, it just *figures* that I'd take a day off, and you all would step up to the challenge in your finest hour! I'm glad to hear that you all had such an exciting and challenging time, and glad to know that...you don't really...need...me anymore...*sniffle*

:)

However, I should be back on schedule as of this upcoming sunday, so look for our next sunday night siege post coming...right about now...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: