Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales and Tales - August 8, Crickhollow server

Pelagrin North-Took wrote:
Just a note: I've talked with a few members from the band Symphonious of Crickhollow and they have a few members willing to contribute to music mentoring and other things as well.

That's awesome. Was thinking of asking them as well. Thanks for dealing with that. :)

Permissions to my vaults are now set for Ranna, Gypsalia, Irdu and Eglantin. Anyone else need?
Also, if I am missing anything you really want, let me know.. some SB members have offered to help too.
Address is Thorin's, Thekksgrof, 1 Frothing Road.
I have a few dyes stashed too.. donations from Butternut.

Quote:
Eglantin can now mentor all instruments but moor cowbell (I think she's got them all now). If you want to get a mentoring in today or tomorrow, give me a yell so I can log her in.

Now to find her some instruments so she can play if we get an OW: Crickhollow Version up and running.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think minstrels can mentor at level 6, but you can play a number of instruments, which is a great help. Let me know if you need some cash for instruments and stuff.

Quote:
Also, here's the usual list of jobs to sign up for, but presumably Second Breakfast will want to help with some of them too - don't know if they can access this forum; if not they could volunteer via @alesandtales on Twitter or via alesandtales@gmail.com perhaps.

Harper posted the list of jobs in SB forums.. so far there have been a few volunteers, though not for specific jobs. Calily, Butternut (who can also mentor), Dallofin and Bugo. Bugo is happy to do anything, but also offered to play in OW. Not sure how we would go about that or what the policy is.
I think Sadie is also organizing a group to play, so not sure what will happen there. Will chat with her on it a bit. Lenn, perhaps joining SB would help facilitate things better?
I have posted for people to message you through twitter or email though.

For OW, my minstrel can play Cowbell, Clarinet, Drum, Flute, Harp, Horn, Lute and theorbo. My hunter can play harp, clarinet, flute, horn, and lute. I can play both of these characters at the same time.

Last edited by Kyrian Starwalker on 2011/07/31 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
katiem

Ellowyn wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think minstrels can mentor at level 6, but you can play a number of instruments, which is a great help. Let me know if you need some cash for instruments and stuff.

You know, that's a good question. I bought all the mentoring skills from the store, and she has them as active, but (obviously) I haven't tried mentoring anyone to see if she can actually DO it at level six even if she has the skills.

Anyone have an alt on Crickhollow they want mentored? I'd like to try it now, before I plan on swaggering around with my uber level 6 mentoring skills. :)

Officer

Awarded:

Apparantly buying the mentoring skills from the store works even at level 6. Very handy to know :) My mini will be buying at least 1 :)
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Ellowyn wrote:

Harper posted the list of jobs in SB forums.. so far there have been a few volunteers, though not for specific jobs. Calily, Butternut (who can also mentor), Dallofin and Bugo. Bugo is happy to do anything, but also offered to play in OW. Not sure how we would go about that or what the policy is.

The OW policy is that anyone can play in it as long as they have the LMB playlist from these forums. Usually it ends up being all LMB members just because it's easiest to gather players in kinchat, also easier to work with people you know rather than just anyone gathered from /alesandtales or /regional, and lately we've been able to gather more than enough musicians in kinchat and not had to beg for more in the other channels. But if anyone from outside LMB were to ask to play in OW they'd always be welcome, and certainly Crickhollow folk will be welcome to join in for this one!

Do we have someone other than me willing to lead OW on Crickhollow? I am still getting used to doing the live tweeting and the other prep work for the podcast and don't really feel confident yet to lead OW on top of all that.

Ellowyn wrote:
I think Sadie is also organizing a group to play, so not sure what will happen there. Will chat with her on it a bit. Lenn, perhaps joining SB would help facilitate things better?

It probably would - although I don't know how much I'll be on Crickhollow before this A&T.

Awarded:

Gypsalia can lead OW. She's already level 10. I plan to get her to 15. She will be able to play everything but bagpipes by AnT.

Gaiagil

Sadie wrote:

With the influx of travelers from Landroval, we at SB are opening our doors for kin invites to help accomodate the guests and make it easier for participants to stay in the know and linked up.

You may be contacted via /tell for a new kin invite. Just verify that the character is coming from Landroval as part of Ales & Tales.
If you have any other questions about this, you may let me know...
Thanks, Sadie

Saidie has given us a blanket invitation to Second Breakfast, and I heartily encourage joining. This is the kin that Tinki and I founded when Crickhollow first opened. They are our crazy cousins from Crickhollow!

--Harperella

Awarded:

Do we have enough folks on Crickhollow to start our an LMB there? I'd love to be a part of 2nd Breakfast. I'm just wondering if it would help attendees feel more comfortable if there's an LMB present at Ales and Tales.

Gaiagil

gaiagil wrote:
Do we have enough folks on Crickhollow to start our an LMB there? I'd love to be a part of 2nd Breakfast. I'm just wondering if it would help attendees feel more comfortable if there's an LMB present at Ales and Tales.

Gaiagil

I would rather we stick with SB, since there is already a crossover in members between the two kins.

Awarded:

Bluebonnett is now on Crickhollow, as well! She had a little unpleasantness with an overly friendly male hobbit at first (she blames the beautiful summer dress that Pelagrin's Crickhollow friend sent her!), but she seems to be settling in beautifully now.

Also, I'm wondering, is there an AlesandTales chat channel over there that she should join? Something like that might make it a little easier for all of us LMBers to coordinate while we're on Crickhollow, since we're going to potentially be scattered among other kins, and won't have access to a single kinchat.
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

There isn't one, but that is a great idea. Let's do it :)

There is a channel called challiance which members of Second Breakfast and others use.

Also, don't forget that Second Breakfast has opened thier doors to us, so please contact them for invite :)
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Whom can we contact for Second Breakfast invite? Sadie is their leader, right? Any other officers we can look for? Or should we ask in /challiance?

Awarded:

You can ask in challiance, or look for Sadie or Buddy or just ask anyone in the kin if an officer is on. Like us, they are altaholics, so sometimes hard to find their mains. :)
Harperella
High Officer

I proudly wear my Second Breakfast founder title when on Crickhollow. I think we ought to set up our LMB channels while we visit though. Lets do the following:

/alesandtales - Substitute /challiance which serves the same purpose as a public chat channel between allied kins.
/lmbcafe - Resubscribe on crickhollow, this will be our LMB-only chat

--Harperella

Awarded:

Harperella wrote:
I proudly wear my Second Breakfast founder title when on Crickhollow. I think we ought to set up our LMB channels while we visit though. Lets do the following:

/alesandtales - Substitute /challiance which serves the same purpose as a public chat channel between allied kins.
/lmbcafe - Resubscribe on crickhollow, this will be our LMB-only chat

--Harperella

Sounds good :)
katiem

Sounds excellent. Eglantin would be delighted to join SB, and will try to catch someone online for that.

Oh, and Gaia, drat you and your speedy leveling. I'm definitely shooting for 15, too, since I want to be able to play theorbo.

Eggy did a mentoring last night, so it'll be burned until the A&T, but I'm pleased my store-bought (i.e. lazypants) skills work. :)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: