Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Aldekim
Officer

re: 100th Ales and Tales celebration! July 18th at the Green DI!

RannaDylin wrote:
Oh, and Aldekim! Regarding your poem...For the podcast, poems and stories will have to be read aloud. Would you like to record your poem yourself? Or would you rather one of us read it on the show? If you want to record it yourself, save it as a MP3 and send it to alesandtales@gmail.com.

Someone else can read my poem. I have no interest in doing so myself.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Harperella
High Officer

Drat! I think I may have just been wrangled into a family commitment this Monday! I will try my best at finding some solution so I can attend, but it is looking doubtful now. sad

Awarded:

We are adding Hammino's story of "Sidarin and the Boars of Evendim" to the lineup. Hammy, would you like to record the read-aloud version of it for the podcast? Or want one of us to read it? Also, which character will you have recite it in game Monday?

Awarded:

RannaDylin wrote:
Fear not, Byrdie! For this A&T will mark the debut of the Ales and Tales Podcast! And so you will be able to hear it all (well, sort of, in some form or other) on MEN Radio later in the week! With commentary from Locney and Gaiagil and me, even!

Also, in a few more weeks it'll be the 2nd anniversary of Ales and Tales and we will of course require another Grand Celebration for that...start planning now!

Now, in planning the podcast, Loc/Gaia/I put some thought into how to celebrate this 100th episode and thought it would be nice to do a "Best of Ales & Tales" sort of thing and contact some people whose acts in the past were a hit and ask them to perform again for this episode. We're contacting them and if all agree to it we should actually have a full schedule of acts just from that list...but if not, we can add in whatever other performers want a spot as usual. Here's what we came up with in our brainstorming. Maybe others would have some favorite acts from the past to add to the list?

Remember, these are in no particular order (Tamroch gets to arrange them) and also not all of them are confirmed yet. This is just Loc/Gaia/Lenn's "wish list" for what we thought would make a good "Best of A&T" program. We stopped when we thought we had enough to fill a show but if some don't agree or aren't available to perform, we might want to add to this list.

- Fiddlers Elbow - opener from Old Winyards
- Aldekim's poem
- Gaiagil - Lirin Falathlorno
- Book Club - Misty Mountains
- OW Dance set - Javelarry Jig - would Astleigh be available to sing the lyrics in game? If not, someone will, but it would be best to have the author sing them if we can. Also! For the podcast we'll need someone to sing & record the lyrics. How's your singing voice, Astleigh? Or would you rather one of us sing it? :-)
- other LMB songs: Teleri, Vingilot, Swordsman...We'll have to have Casin sing Swordsman of course!
- Fall of Gondolin series: Either Travisimo tells the next chapter, or we have Berrieblossom or a substitute recite the poem that opened the series.
- Lennidhren's story - The Ant's Tale
- Lyo & the Leighs - The Heron & the Fox - that was a big hit a few weeks ago. If they can't all three be there we hope to get something from one or two of them! Lyo & Kaleigh have done some nice duets, and all three of them have done solo pieces - songs, poems, stories, Kaleigh's dance number - that went over well at many an A&T.
- Dringil has been a frequent and popular musician so we will ask him to perform a song
- Ghingeriel/Hobbiton Philharmonic are always a hit at A&T - perhaps Ghingeriel would play "Fall," always a popular one.
-Hammino's story of "Sidarin and the Boars of Evendim"

So far - all that is confirmed are: Aldekim, Old Winyards, Gaiagil, Book Club Band, Lennidhren's story, and the Gondolin piece, whichever one it ends up being. Still waiting for confirmation from Ghingeriel, Dringil, and Lyo & the Leighs.

I'd be happy to help Tinki with food and drink, or wrangler as well! Anything you need I'll be happy to try.

Awarded:

re: Music Making

I'll have B.B.&B. play some tunes if you need a filler act! Might look a lot like O.W. though!
Pelind

Awarded:

I don't mean to but in, but I'm wondering about the OW leader slot. We have Beorbrand down as it currently but all I see from him is a offer of filler music made by him. I'm not sure if this is a mistake or he IMed someone ingame, but just making sure... Sorry if this is incorrect in anyway.

Ah ok, my bad.

Last edited by Pelind on 2011/07/18 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andeon
Officer

re: regarding read-alouds

obviously, I've somewhat absented myself from the plans for Ales and Tales 100, knowing I won't be able to be present - I'm also quite sad that I'm unable to participate in the podcasts, for the same reasons...

however, as a voice recording could ostenibly be done more or less whenever I'm available, and then uploaded, I offer my services for reading, should anyone wish to use me - you will, of course, have to tell me exactly *how* i'm supposed to manage the recording, but i'm *reasonably* computer savvy, so it shouldn't take *that* long

as for my radio voice, I leave it to you to decide if my Casey Kasem voice is appropriate for whatever you might wish read - i'm also more than willing to collaborate with writers that do not wish to read their own works, but have in mind a way or manner in which they want it read - I don't guarantee any particular accents, but I'll try just about anything once

anyways, the offer stands for whomever might wish to take me up on it - until then, I bid you all the best of fortune with this project, and only wish I could be of more use

High Officer

Awarded:

Torvath wrote:
I don't mean to but in, but I'm wondering about the OW leader slot. We have Beorbrand down as it currently but all I see from him is a offer of filler music made by him. I'm not sure if this is a mistake or he IMed someone ingame, but just making sure... Sorry if this is incorrect in anyway.

I recruited him for OW leader in kinchat last night. I'm taking a break from bandleading myself to focus on the podcast (and the live tweeting...).

We still need someone to organize Musical Mentoring.

I'd like to volunteer to play a song tonight if the "wish list" isn't sufficiently full.

Also, if you don't have a taker yet for musical mentoring organizer, I'd be happy to do that as well.

~~Rayana!
Aldekim
Officer

Here's my poem...for the podcast
Hear my humble tribute,
Gather round me one and all.
To Ales & Tales I make this toast,
Now answer to my call.

An hundred times we've gathered,
Sung and danced and tipped an ale.
An hundred time we've sung a song
Or heard a guests' fine tale.

Alone we've danced or in a group
We whirl and spin on dancing feet.
Of all events in Middle-earth
This one is most elite.

We've all enjoyed this fine event,
You know I do not boast.
So raise you mug and drink with me.
Join me as I toast.

To an hundred more!
/drink

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

Here's a list of the acts from A&T 100
(I don't have the names of some of the songs however)

Old Winyards - Fiddler's Elbow

Emcee opening w/speech from Galenhir

Aldekim's commemorative poem

Life of Riley (2 songs)

Gaiagil - Lirin Falathlorno

Pelagrin - opening poem from The Fall of Gondolin series

Rayana - song

Isil Rising Sunrise, Sunset didn't get the name of the second song

OW dance set - Javelarry jig and Swordsman of the Sky

Lennidhren - The tale of the Ant and the Spinach Leaf

Ivylene - song for LMB

Westrong - "The tale of Sidarin and the Boars of Evendim"

Kaleigh - Dance story

A good variety tonight!

High Officer

Awarded:

Thanks for the poem, Aldekim, and Tam! Thanks for the lineup! That saves us a lot of trouble for the show notes :-D

Awarded:

Yes, Tam, you're the best!

I love the poem/toast Aldekim. My connection went out just as you stepped on stage, so I missed it live. So glad to get a chance to "hear" it here.

Gaiagil

I'm happy to post the abcs of what I played, but how do I upload them to the forum?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: