Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: 100th Ales and Tales celebration! July 18th at the Green DI!

The next Ales and Tales is #100 of this long running event, so let's make it a really special one!

First, sign up in this thread if you want to volunteer for one or more roles this week:

Quote:
Master/Mistress of Ceremonies = Locney; Harperella and/or Galenhir?
Introduces the acts.

Stage Manager = Tamroch
Organizes the acts and feeds the MC with details.

Booze Master = Tinki; Pelagrin
Distributes ale and pipeweed.

Mentor Mentor = Rayana
Organizes Musical Mentoring.

Band Leader = Beorbrand
Organizes Old Winyards.

Dancing Master = Gaiagil
Organizes Dances.

Social Reporter = Anarwald
Takes screenshots and writes up the event.

Live Tweeter = Lennidhren
Takes screenshots and tweets them to @alesandtales during the event.

Layer Wrangler = Pelagrin
Pulls players into the correct layer.

Town Crier = Posko - until OW practice at 9pm EDT; others?
Advertises for the event in various regional channels and user channels (alesandtales, shiremoot, etc)

Once again, I will hold off on volunteering to lead Old Winyards and give someone else a chance to try that role out if they wish! But if no one else is available to lead the band, I can.

Second item of business: What can we do to make this a huge 100th A&T celebration? Post your suggestions here! For one thing, I think this would be the perfect time to launch the long discussed A&T podcast, if we can get all set up for it by next Monday. Not that we would podcast *on* Monday, but maybe the following Tues or Wed to recap the grand celebration in radio form?

Now how else can we celebrate? Anyone have fireworks stockpiled from the festival? Special drinks/food items? Extra special acts? Maybe we can debut the Lonely Mountebanks at this A&T? Maybe Aegthil wants to write a special Ales and Tales Anniversary song? :-D Or, hey, all those "alternate names" for Ales and Tales that Locney and the rest of Old Winyards were coming up with yesterday: let's set them all to music in a filk song...What else can we do?

Last edited by RannaDylin on 2011/07/18 5:25 pm; edited 9 times in total

I have a bunch of fireworks on hand. Perhaps I will write a commemorative poem.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

A poem! Excellent!

My tribute to Ales & Tales is now complete and ready for performance. :) It is fairly short and should take only a minute or two to recite. Now I have to find the forum topic to reserve my place in the show.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Aldekim
Officer

Ummmm, I don't have a twitter account, how else can I reserve a spot to perform?

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Posting here works, I think! Before the Twitter account there was no way to reserve a spot in advance for an act, actually, you just had to tell the Stage Manager of the evening. But whoever will end up being stage manager this Monday, they'll either see your post here or I will let them know of it.

Awarded:

I'll be glad to take on the Stage Managing duties. I don't have a twitter account either, so just have any prospective acts shoot Tamroch an ingame email with the following information:

Performer's name (if a group, then the group's name)
If it's a group, the group leader/contact's name
What they will be doing (song/poem/story/etc.)
If they have a preference where they'd like to be on the performance list (early, middle, late, you get the idea)
Also, remind the performers of the 2 song limit.

Aldekim, If it's okay I'd like to have your commemorative poem be early on, like right after the emcee (assuming it's Locney) does his opening spiel.

I'll MC again, unless Harper wants to do the honors. I seem to be garnering a bit of popularity from all this!

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
Aldekim
Officer

Tamoro wrote:
I'll be glad to take on the Stage Managing duties. I don't have a twitter account either, so just have any prospective acts shoot Tamroch an ingame email with the following information:

Performer's name (if a group, then the group's name)
If it's a group, the group leader/contact's name
What they will be doing (song/poem/story/etc.)
If they have a preference where they'd like to be on the performance list (early, middle, late, you get the idea)
Also, remind the performers of the 2 song limit.

Aldekim, If it's okay I'd like to have your commemorative poem be early on, like right after the emcee (assuming it's Locney) does his opening spiel.

If you are stage manager then order of acts is your decision. I will be available with my commemorative poem whenever you wish.

Posko

Count me in for OW again, and I'll do part time Town Crier leading up to the practice. Could hit up Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Lone Lands.
lookingouttosea-Byrdie/Elwynia
Officer

Awarded:

*sniffle*

I will be out of town. sad

I have fireworks I can donate.

*sob*

`Tinki`
Officer

Tinki plans to attend this event as vendor supreme!

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Fear not, Byrdie! For this A&T will mark the debut of the Ales and Tales Podcast! And so you will be able to hear it all (well, sort of, in some form or other) on MEN Radio later in the week! With commentary from Locney and Gaiagil and me, even!

Also, in a few more weeks it'll be the 2nd anniversary of Ales and Tales and we will of course require another Grand Celebration for that...start planning now!

Now, in planning the podcast, Loc/Gaia/I put some thought into how to celebrate this 100th episode and thought it would be nice to do a "Best of Ales & Tales" sort of thing and contact some people whose acts in the past were a hit and ask them to perform again for this episode. We're contacting them and if all agree to it we should actually have a full schedule of acts just from that list...but if not, we can add in whatever other performers want a spot as usual. Here's what we came up with in our brainstorming. Maybe others would have some favorite acts from the past to add to the list?

Remember, these are in no particular order (Tamroch gets to arrange them) and also not all of them are confirmed yet. This is just Loc/Gaia/Lenn's "wish list" for what we thought would make a good "Best of A&T" program. We stopped when we thought we had enough to fill a show but if some don't agree or aren't available to perform, we might want to add to this list.

- Fiddlers Elbow - opener from Old Winyards
- Aldekim's poem
- Gaiagil - Lirin Falathlorno
- Book Club - Misty Mountains
- OW Dance set - Javelarry Jig - would Astleigh be available to sing the lyrics in game? If not, someone will, but it would be best to have the author sing them if we can. Also! For the podcast we'll need someone to sing & record the lyrics. How's your singing voice, Astleigh? Or would you rather one of us sing it? :-)
- other LMB songs: Teleri, Vingilot, Swordsman...We'll have to have Casin sing Swordsman of course!
- Fall of Gondolin series: Either Travisimo tells the next chapter, or we have Berrieblossom or a substitute recite the poem that opened the series.
- Lennidhren's story - The Ant's Tale
- Lyo & the Leighs - The Heron & the Fox - that was a big hit a few weeks ago. If they can't all three be there we hope to get something from one or two of them! Lyo & Kaleigh have done some nice duets, and all three of them have done solo pieces - songs, poems, stories, Kaleigh's dance number - that went over well at many an A&T.
- Dringil has been a frequent and popular musician so we will ask him to perform a song
- Ghingeriel/Hobbiton Philharmonic are always a hit at A&T - perhaps Ghingeriel would play "Fall," always a popular one.

So far - all that is confirmed are: Aldekim, Old Winyards, Gaiagil, Book Club Band, Lennidhren's story, and the Gondolin piece, whichever one it ends up being. Still waiting for confirmation from Ghingeriel, Dringil, and Lyo & the Leighs.

Awarded:

Oh, and Aldekim! Regarding your poem...For the podcast, poems and stories will have to be read aloud. Would you like to record your poem yourself? Or would you rather one of us read it on the show? If you want to record it yourself, save it as a MP3 and send it to alesandtales@gmail.com.

Awarded:

I'm ready to be the social reporter again. :)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: