Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege, July 17th, 2011

Owing to my more regular participation in Book Club (thank you Lennidhren!) I'm pushing back the regular SNS start time to 3:00pm (15:00) PST (6pm or 18:00 EST) - however, based on patterns I observed this afternoon, SNS might benefit starting even later...we'll see

but for the time being, the above time slot is SNS's new fixed time slot

as of the 10th, we essentially ran an impromptu love your lowbies night - there has been strong interest from a variety of our members for a strong organized Ost Dunhoth raid...so lets aim for that.

This upcoming Sunday I will organize with an eye towards 12-man 60+ raid for Ost Dunhoth! This will eat up a considerable portion of our core SNS veterans, but I will still organize for fellowships for lower level folks depending on numbers available

Please note that Tamirien in particular has been trying rather hard to gather a team for groups in the 50+ range (iirc) - anyone looking to finish class quest deeds in that range I'll be happy to try and get you all together

3-mans can look to Lindorieh for skirmishes, or look to Garth Agarwen for the 3-man wings

Anyone looking to participate in Sunday Night Siege for that day can sign up here, and cross-coordinate with fellow interested banders using this space (in other words, someone wants in on that CD run, you can arrange things with Tam here - you might not want to do it sunday, if you can find the folks with the time to run it, etc...)

but again, my focus will be gathering 12 people for Ost Dunhoth (with maybe a quick turtle or watcher to get our feet wet, if people are up for it :)) - I have never been in any of the mirkwood instances, so we'll aim for tier 1 till we get an idea of where we are - its a rough instance, from what I've heard, so get your tomes of continuing resilience, your hope tokens, your foods, your armor repairs, and we may have to manage some minor gymnastics to get the whole team inside (i'll probably have to have someone else *lead* the instance to get us inside, and some of us *may* have to ride up to the physical entrance in order to unlock it, or some silly thing like that)

weekend of the 24th I'll return to the standard SNS format - I think by then it will be high time for another CD/Uru run, if it hasn't run before that point, and I may also organize some folks for 60ish Moria dungeon runs, as we have a new crop of 'Bander's that need those moria tokens and capstone quests!

re: Re: Sunday Night Siege, July 17th, 2011

Andeon wrote:
This upcoming Sunday I will organize with an eye towards 12-man 60+ raid for Ost Dunhoth! This will eat up a considerable portion of our core SNS veterans, but I will still organize for fellowships for lower level folks depending on numbers available

That might have been a typo, but I believe OD is 65, rather than 60+. It's at the far southern edge of Ened, and finishes the Echoes of the Dead chain that led through Northcotton, Stoneheight, etc

Andeon
Officer

we usually have quite the concentration of capable 65's, and as such, I figured we could accommodate those under 65 in whatever small numbers I expect them to appear. If theres a hard 65 cap on the instance, obviously, that won't be possible, but barring that, I think we can afford a couple of 63, 62 etc...I could be wrong of course

Also, I though Ost Dunhoth was one of those Mirkwood/Dol Guldor instances - if its part of the echoes of the dead chain, well, I can handle that too, since it seems to be the most popular and arguably most exciting of the newish instances - I'm hearing a LOT of requests for it, so I'll try and accommodate as best I can

but thanks for the update Camara - obviously, I'll have to bow to the limits of what the instance will allow, but we'll see if we can't get everyone that WANTS a taste of it a chance to do so

I dont know if there's a hard restriction on it or not... I've never set foot in the place, largely due to the quest line. Cam's still working on Stoneheight, so she's got a ways to go before OD. I know, it's not required, but chalk it up to OCD...

Eorlinga

re: CD/Uru Run

I would be interested in the CD/Uru run. I am a level 57 Captain by the name of Eorlinga. I have not completed my level 45 class quest, which is true of all my alts as well, including a level 65 RK! So I would love to see the inside of Carn Dum!

Awarded:

In response to some of the questions regarding the Ost Dunhoth instance here's an informative link on Lotro-Wiki: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ost_Dunhoth

While it is part of the Stoneheight, Lost Temple, Suri-Suma (or however you spell that), North Cotton Farm story arc (check the first paragraph on lotro-wiki for some background info), there is no pre-requisite for doing the OD wings other than you have to "discover" the location first in Enedwaith and I believe you have to be lvl 65. But you don't have to have completed any of the other instances in order to gain access.

Ten Ton Hammer has some pretty good strats for each of the OD wings as well.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/lotro/guides/ost-dunhoth/wound

I've only done a couple of the wings (wound and maybe poison, can't remember). But they are immensely fun and challenging. And the loot is pretty awesome as well. Should be blast.

Brenyn

Ost Dunhoth is a 65 raid. I've done the disease wing. It takes a lot of coordination and people who are willing to take direction from thier leaders. It's also a lot of fun!
If you choose to do Ost Dunhoth Isilwren is at the ready for that instance.

For any Moria content I have Araweniel (RK) and Jangwen (Mini)

Below that I have Honeysong (Burg) and Leloria (Warden) who are both 47.

All are at your disposal for whatever SNS event you are running.

I would like to get Ahtook to Uru, other wise my various characters will be available for whatever is needed. BTW the later start actually works better for me.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: