Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Aldekim
Officer

re: Ales & Tales on MM-e Radio

Laerlenn wrote:
I wasn't thinking live at the same time as Ales and Tales...but perhaps the Tuesday or Wednesday evening after? That might be a nice event for those who can't make the late hour of Monday night Ales and Tales. Also it would still be very current, so that the announcers could still talk about in-game news and events.

Would it make sense for someone with Fraps to record all of Ales and Tales live, so that we would not have to rely on the bands to submit their own material? The audio could then be spliced up as needed. This also solves the problem of having differing audio quality from different performers.

Lind

I like this idea, though it would take some serious effort on behalf of whomever take's on the task.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

I have a feeling that, at least at first, it will be slow going to get performers at A&T to submit their recordings. Most of them just aren't set up for that - they're just showing up for A&T with an abc file or two that they want to share, they aren't thinking about recording MP3s. So if we can start out by having someone on the podcasting team record with FRAPS and then extract the audio from that, that will get us started until eventually performers get used to the idea that they can submit the recordings themselves.

Might help to have the stage manager each week have a preset message they can /tell to each performer. Something like:

"Thanks for sharing your work at Ales and Tales tonight! We would love to showcase it on the Ales and Tales podcast at Middle-earth Network too. You can submit a recording of your music or the text of your tale/poem to alesandtales@gmail.com to have it featured on the podcast."

We'll probably still need to send some in-game mail to each performer on the list (both the logged /say chat or /alesandtales channel, and the livetweeting at @alesandtales, will help us generate the list) say on Tuesday, to ask about getting recordings of their work. As late as A&T is for us on the east coast, many performers may not stick around long enough after the show to take care of details like this. Some of our podcast hosts won't either. :-)

Awarded:

And also...

I'm not sure how soon we can actually launch the podcast, with the logistics of getting material from performers to be worked out. If we want to aim for launching ASAP, I can go through the live tweets and send in game mail to all performers to see if they can submit their music. Actually, this might be a good week to start as I know we can get two of the songs at least - Kiss the Girls and Back Home Again. :-)

Whether or not we're ready to start patching in performance pieces, though, I think we ought to get together sometime this week and record a test show of some sort, just to get an idea of what we're doing before we start recording the real thing. So how do we start? Do we record with Skype?

There is no deadline to start, whenever the hosts are ready. Do we have specific hosts coming forward yet? I know several people have mentioned interest; it would be best if we had two hosts to narrow this down to who can take control of the project and I can help with any production questions and direction technically or otherwise.

Yes- the show can be recorded using skype. There are free skype recording programs available on the net, as well as other ways skype can be recorded.

Let me know who are the hosts.

Cheers!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

I think it's Locney and Gaiagil and me that have volunteered to host - or at least to be involved one way or other.

Hail Friends - any new status on progress of show production?

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

hammino

I do not know of any show production, but I am willing to edit and finalize the show and place it into a feed for us to use if someone was to record it on vent. I would make the show and host it myself, but I have two shows already and a third will be to much. I can however help in the recording if we were to use ventrillo

Wonderful, Hammy! I'll poke Lenn about it.

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

We just need to set a time for a test recording so we can figure out how to do this, and then we can go about lining up the A&T acts for the show...

Awarded:

My schedule has cleared up a bit. Let me know when you want to get together and I'll be there.

Gaiagil

Awarded:

Sometime Tuesday perhaps? I think we can try recording with Skype and with Vent and see which one will work better. Gaia, Loc, and anyone else involved in this, what time Tuesday is best?

Uhh.....sometime. My day is fairly clear.

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
gaiagil
Officer

Awarded:

Anytime Tuesday. I don't have Skype. Doesn't that need a camera? If not, let me know how to get it and set it up and I'll get it.

Gaiagil

Awarded:

Well, I just installed Skype myself for this purpose. So I'm not sure, but I think the webcam is optional. Anyway - http://www.skype.com to download.

Did I somehow get involved with this as well? /i am a little unsure

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: