Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: Ales & Tales on MM-e Radio

Hail friends - I would like to produce a weekly episode for Middle-earth Network Radio entitled "Ales & Tales" which would be a roundup or re-cap of each Ales & Tales event. Players and attendees of Landroval's A&T can submit their poems, recorded ABC music, stories, etc... to be read and played on air each week. I would like at least two hosts to run the show (no radio experience needed) together as well as organize submissions and other show details.

Anyway, post in this thread if you are interested and we can discuss further. There is no deadline or time-frame as to when I want this to start. Basically at this point, I am just looking for at least two very inspired folks who would like to make this new radio show a reality.

Looking forward to seeing who is up for this!
Cheers!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Can I nominate Locney and Casinthelion? :-) I want a podcast from the two of them anyway; and as two of A&T's most regular MC's lately, this would be an ideal venue for them.

Actually I'd like to help with it myself, though I'm unsure I can commit to it once school resumes in the fall. But if we get it running during the summer maybe I can keep up with it after school starts too. So, I offer my Old Winyards-tested organizational skills!

Hi Ranna, OK - lets keep this thread going and develop this!

The show would be only 1 hour maximum, and could even be 1/2 hour if hosts desire. The workload should be minimal in that attendees of A&T would be submitting their material ahead of time, audio being ready to mix into the show. The hosts could make commentary, or even read submitted material should the submitting artists so desire.

Also, think of the potential of ongoing serial story segments etc... I'm open to ideas, and the hosts and LMB producers of this show can have free reign on how they want it to work.

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

hammino

I could help but my problem is that I only have the late evenings to do anything so it would depend on the time and day for me. I also have a podcast I am doing as well so I might be to busy to be a host but I could try. I could gather the stories and poems told during the event at least.

I'm happy to put 100% support behind this project. I am going to be out of town for the next few A&T. I have every confidence in our banders to put something together though. There's a lot of talent in this band! Here's how I envision a possible week going:

1) We live tweet the lineup as it happens on @alesandtales
2) Our podcasters have a look at the live tweets to remember what happened and write up some pre-show notes.
3) The podcast is recorded

--Harp

Awarded:

I'd also like to take part in this project. I've got a few project balls in the air now, but I'll do what I can.

Gaiagil

Awarded:

Speaking of serial stories...Lindorieh and Gaiagil and I have been talking about recording the Fall of Gondolin stories for ME Radio. Would that be something we'd include in the A&T broadcast since those stories are being told there serial style now? Or, would we keep the Gondolin stories as a separate show?

I still need to get my chapters recorded...

I will accept the nomination, if'n ya'd like! This is a wonderful idea!

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
`Tinki`
Officer

Some thought ought to go into our 100th AlesandTales event coming July 18 too.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

100th A&T thoughts:

- Hold it at the Green Dragon, where it all started?
- Have polls for people to vote on their favorite acts from past A&T and have the performers reprise those acts at the 100th? E.g. favorite tales to be retold, favorite bands or soloists (could vote for just the player/band and let them choose the song to play, or could vote for specific songs), favorites of some of the unique acts we've had that don't quite fit in either music or tale categories...
- Door prizes! Maybe some cosmetics from skirmish vendors (they're bind on equip, so buy them but don't use them and then you can give them away) or the unbound festival ones. Maybe some housing items.

(Irdu/Singamerrydo here)
One of you (you know who you are) made the mistake about telling me what F12 does.... then (after I asked) someone else told me about software called Fraps. So I got Fraps, and am experimenting and playing and in general just having fun! Here is my thought...

To create an AnT email addy on Google. Use that to create a YouTube account. Passwords for all to be given to officers/Harperella/whoever - this is not for me, but for the kin (I already have my own youtube acct setup for some ASL classes I took - and no you cant see me sign - class projects = bore city). Record movies at A & T / slice n dice the movies into one compilation video to upload.

I figure a compilation video for a couple reasons... is shorter, and I don't know what time time limitations are for youtube... and second = copyright issues... if there is a video of (insert latest popular songtitle here) in entirety, it may be pulled by the record label moreso than if it's a snippet embedded with many other songs.

Another option of videos to put on would be slides with the podcast as audio. I cant imagine I could go to every single A&T and video just because there is real life sometimes that gets in the way. But perhaps someone else will get the software ($37) or perhaps the slides w/podcast will be a regular video...

I dont know where this is going, but am willing to put in the effort to get the ball rolling and go from there.
Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

Galen, I have a couple of technical questions:

In what format would the performers submit their music? ABC? MP3?

Would story tellers submit the text of their story and have the hosts read it?

Is the show to be broadcast live or recorded and edited for later release?

Also, I think the easiest thing to do would be to capture the Ales and Tales chat channel during the event...that could be the basis for the show notes.

Thanks!
Lindorieh

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Harperella
High Officer

I've created a alesandtales@gmail.com google account. It uses the same password as @weatherstock and @alesandtales twitter accounts.

--Harp

Laerlenn wrote:
Galen, I have a couple of technical questions:

In what format would the performers submit their music? ABC? MP3?

The music would be submitted via MP3 - so they would need to record it with FRAPS or some other program that lets them record Audio from a game.

Would story tellers submit the text of their story and have the hosts read it?

Either - they could either record it themselves and submit via MP3 or ask a host to read it. Of course the host would need to approve it before they read it. Up to the hosts really how they want to handle this. Keep in mind that only original stories or public domain stories may be read unless you have permission from the copyright owner.

Is the show to be broadcast live or recorded and edited for later release?
Recorded and rebroadcast so as not to subtract from the in-game event. Although there might be an application for a live A&T now and again, should the hosts want to do this.

Also, I think the easiest thing to do would be to capture the Ales and Tales chat channel during the event...that could be the basis for the show notes.

Sounds like a good idea. Again, totally up to the hosts how they want to handle this.

Thanks!
Lindorieh

Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

I wasn't thinking live at the same time as Ales and Tales...but perhaps the Tuesday or Wednesday evening after? That might be a nice event for those who can't make the late hour of Monday night Ales and Tales. Also it would still be very current, so that the announcers could still talk about in-game news and events.

Would it make sense for someone with Fraps to record all of Ales and Tales live, so that we would not have to rely on the bands to submit their own material? The audio could then be spliced up as needed. This also solves the problem of having differing audio quality from different performers.

Lind
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: