Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: VICTORY!

The heroic adventurers of the Lonely Mountain Band, with considerable aid from old friends and new from all across middle earth, have laid low some of the most terrible servants of the Enemy this day! Bogbereth was defeated time (and time) and time again! Not content with this relatively quick victory, the group gathered other free folk, and laid siege to the fortress of Helegrod in the misty mountains! There, not only did they lay low a colossal giant, but defeated yet another of the monstrous brood of Ungoliant, and laid low a Dragon! YES! A dragon!...sort of...

oh...and then we killed a bear...It was a really big bear

WE WIN!

Thank you all that made the evening possible, all those that participated, and those that supported us! Hopefully, the evening was profitable for some, educational for many, and entertaining for all! A more detailed after-action report, complete with very, very large pics (many very, very large monsters, after all) can be found in the kin events forum, and my own observations about the mechanics of raiding I think I shall post in the halls of knowledge!

Thank you all again!

Last edited by Andeon on 2010/05/20 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

That dragon had a Dwarven-looking axe in its head, a really old Dwarven-looking axe imbedded deep in its head!

Meribuc jumped up and down on that axe, but whoever placed it there did so with much force!
That, or Hobbits just don't weigh that much...
Hmmmm, maybe we should have had Thored or Rocknose or Kyili jump on it...or have Tarnorili tell it a story or something... tongue out

Anyway, the axe was finally freed from the dragon's head, someone mentioned it belonged to a Durin? wow!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Myrtle Court, Sprucebury Neighborhood, Shire Homesteads, on Landroval of the North America/Oceania Servers
Russ Aysen

It was a fantastic time. Thank you again for organizing it. =)
Andeon
Officer

Verdic wrote:
It was a fantastic time. Thank you again for organizing it. =)

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and hope everyone had an enjoyable time - I realize it was a grueling ride - 40 miles of bad road, to quote James Cameron - but a thoroughly satisfying one for me, and I hope for everyone involved...

now, the real test of character is...could you do it again?

*smiles wickedly*

It was absurdly enjoyable, and you're a very competent leader, Andeon. Whenever you want to slay that dragon again, you have my sword/bow/drum. =)

Aikanar · Daewath · Coryander · Morur · And Others!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: