Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harperella
High Officer

re: Ales and Tales Mathom House (2/15/10)

This week's Ales and Tales was held at the Mathom House in Michel Delving. The Mathom Society was nice enough to lay out a spread of snacks and food for our crew. Sadly, no drinks were provided, but Omsi the Dwarf of The Lonely Mountain Band was kind enough to bring a pack full of ales. After eating our fill (not speaking for hobbits) and admiring the mathoms (not speaking for dwarves) we retired to the upstairs, which had been prepared for our festivities.

In attendance were:

Alditha, Algrogo, Araduna, Ashenwoods, Blomst, Diamiond, Eldalin, Falibrand, Grayhawke, Harperella, Javelarry, Jessiah, Kaleigh, Keptwise, Lucilla, Lyonardo, Meadowlarke, Mymir, Omsi, Sophronia, Tarnorili, Tegwen, Tinki and Valaraein.

Forum Image

Ashenwoods, Diamiond, Keptwise, Omsi, and Sophronia kept us entertained with graceful tunes throughout the evening. The music was really exquisite, and well themed for this day after Valentines. Valaraein learned to play the harp and proved herself an apt student as she played us some music that some called a mode of Depeche.

Forum Image

Forum Image

We had some great tales told this eve. There was Falibrand with a tale of his uncle and a staring contest with a very tenacious bear. Lyonardo told us a the secret behind the note of affection he had been carrying around (you'll have to ask him if you want the secret!) And we were pleased to have Tegwen share a poem of Moria for us. Truly she is a Battlemaiden in another land.

Forum Image

As always, our audience was nearly as entertaining as the tale-spinners. Whether it was Javelarry's wooing of big women, Alditha's fierce pet turtle, or the great shire accents heard around the room, the room was always hopping. You can read about it all here:

Ales and Tales Transcript
Valaraen

re: Ales and Tales Mathom House (2/15/10)

A marvelous time as usual! Thank you very much for providing Valaraein with the harp lessons she so desperately needed. Her parents back in Lothlórien would be proud ;)

We sure had a good go at Defence of the Prancing Pony afterwards, as well - indeed an intrepid group of adventuresses securing the future safety of the Pony... I love the six-man skirmishes.

I finally got around to posting up my pics in the "Postcards" section of the forum.

I'm sure it'll be an interesting A&T next week at Ost Forod, I'm looking forward to it.

"A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: