Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: Ales & Tales

Just a reminder that we will be having Ales and Tales at The Broken Cask (http://my.lotro.com/kinship-landroval-the_broken_cask/) 5 Long Street, Durrow, Bree-land Estates, 1030pm EST.

This week's Ales and Tales was held at the House of Tom Bombadil at the edge of the Old Forest. We started out on the lawn as the stars began to gather. But the warmth of Tom's cottage called us in. Many travelers managed to squeeze into that tiny cottage, including:

Algrogo, Arachas, Arianneht,Astleigh, Cerethras, Dill,Drathoros, Drunyriel,Dulbryt, Dyjia, Edinellion,Fionnuala,Gallagade , Hallori, Harperella,Hildibjorn,Iskemir, Kadren,Kaleigh, Keptwise, Kykriste,Lyonardo, Macalaure, Rumler, Sophronia,Tamirien, Tarnorili, Tavarhin, Tombatuk, and Tyaro.

We began with the poem from the Book of Lost Tales by Harperella. This was followed with music by Keptwise, Astleigh, Macalaure, Sophronia, and Tyaro. Kaleigh shared a story of Trestlebridge and men's struggles in the north. Fionnuala, Arachas, Dyjia, and Drathoros shared some great group music for us to dance to. I even managed to get Tarnorili out on the dance floor! We has a Story Muddle Huddle--sort of a circular group story-telling that turned out to be more poetry than plot. Finally, Tavarhin gave us a story of Numenor, Gondolin, and his family's elf-protector. At that point, the sun was shining in the windows and we emerged to greet the day and have a little game of sardines. Its a bit like hide and seek, only with a single hider and all the seekers squeeze into his hiding spot. Rumler led us on a merry chase to a hidden rock behind the waterfall.

Next week, Ales and Tales will be held at the Broken Cask, Landroval's oldest player run Tavern. Hope to see you there!
Forum Image[url][/url]

Last edited by Galenhir on 2010/01/11 11:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

KeptWandering

re: Re: Ales & Tales

Galenswerd wrote:
Next week, Ales and Tales will be held at the Broken Cask, Landroval's oldest player run Tavern. Hope to see you there!

Do you have more specific directions for us new folks who might not know where that is?

Sadly I do not, I copied this post off of our thread on LOTRO forum. I assume Harperella will chime in with directions.

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Jarron
Melarian1

I found this reference out on the net:

((The Broken Cask has open hours on Saturday evenings from 8PM to 12AM EST. Join us in the rural community of Durrow for fine food, music, conversation, and a great chance to meet other Landroval roleplayers.

We're located at 5 Long Street in Durrow. If you have any questions, please see our guildportal site. Thank you!))
Harperella
High Officer

Just a reminder that we will be having Ales and Tales at The Broken Cask 5 Long Street, Durrow, Bree-land Estates, 1030pm EST.
KeptWandering

Thank you, Harp for the complete information.

Being relatively new to Landroval, it's very helpful to have the address, Homestead name and Racial housing area named, when Ales and Tales is held in Housing instances like this.

Also very good to see the next week's location advertised well ahead of time here lately.

That's what 6:30 PM pst? I will try my best.

Are there any preparations i should undertake?

I could throw together an epic ballad in iambic pentameter if ya need.
(the above is a joke)
Harperella
High Officer

Forum Image

This week our festivities took us to The Broken Cask, the oldest player run tavern on Landroval! We arrived bit early for our hosts, with only poor little Verdigris there in attendance. I managed to get the kegs flowing with a small gratuity and soon our event was hopping! And it seems I hopped on the wrong keg, for as soon as I had jumped upon the old Keg in the middle of the room, there were collected gasps from the owner, Rosemead and her partner Luke.

Soon enough, we had made our way outside for a brief last glimpse of the stars and a bit of poetry as the sun rose. By now, our full company was in attendance: Keptwise, Galenswerd, Kaleigh, Diamiond, Rohanwood, Omsi, Harperella and Tarnorili. Music was provided by Keptwise, Diamiond, and Rohanwood.

We had a tale of black riders by our barmaid Verdigris, and a tale of giant trickery by Kaleigh. The ale flowed freely and we soon were dancing the night away. I tried to call Luke out on the dance floor, but had to content myself with a Runekeeper's sigil when I boasted I could teach a rock to dance. Dance it did, as did we all.
Forum Image
Next week I will be on Holiday in the Tower Hills. Ales and Tales will be on, as soon as a venue and MC can be located.

--Harperella
Andeon
Officer

re: Ales and tales of 1/18/2010

Many thanks to all those that made Ales and Tales an entertaining success last monday!

A great host of the Bounders of the Shire joined us for Ales and Tales, as well as several Lonely Mountain Banders, and several old friends of the Lonely Mountain Band.

The evening was, unsurprisingly, filled with song, poems, stories, and dancing...

we were regaled throughout the night by a travelling minstrel, Dovie, who regaled us with song and lyrics, and demonstrated considerable skill. Later in the evening, Dovie also regaled us with a familiar childhood poem, Tom and the Troll with the Bone...hey diddy diddy

Omsi regaled us with an ode dedicated to yours truly, which I have received a copy of, and am hoping to frame it and set it in my house, as I was quite fond of the effort

Andeon (that would be me:) regaled the host with a tale passed down to me from my grandfather, about his brief experience in the Battle of Five Armies...

Keptwise and his trio of bandmates regaled us with song throughout the evening, and we even had an impromptu dance-off between hobbits and bigfolk...in the end, a true victor could not be determined, and so victory was given to all! Valaerien regaled us with song throughout the evening as well, kindly filling in moments of silence with gentle tunes

Old Winyards and old toby was passed around, and Eitheliell provided us with a mighty quantity of Blackberry ales, which kept the evening merry! the evening ended with a tour of Aerlinbarr, and then folks broke to pursue their various quests and tasks for the evening...

I hope everyone had fun - pictures will follow shortly, as soon as I sort them out - thank you everyone again, and I look forward to the next government holiday when I may be able to join you all again!

Ales and Tales tonight at the Breeland Fairgrounds, north of Bree at 1030PM EST. See you there!

--Harperella
KeptWandering

If you'd like to join Keptwise and the band to play some music for Ales & Tales, head to this thread (LINK: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Songbook_of_Laurelin/topic/3073652/1/ ) over at "The Songbook of Laurelin".

We're instituting some organization to our band, so that we aren't scrambling to organize music at the event and so the band can have some time to enjoy Ales & Tales as well.

Thanks,

~Keptwise

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: