Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwenelleth

re: APPROVED - App: Gwenelleth - by Aedon Durreah

The application submitted by Gwenelleth is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Gwenelleth
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 78
Race : Elf
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I was actually in LMB on another character years ago and exited when professional responsibilities took time away from gaming. Health concerns took me out of LotRO again for most of the past two years, and I returned to find that one of my favorite players, Freemark, had joined the Lonely Mountain Band. I purchased a year's subscription and I would like to be reunited with old friends and make new friends with shared interests. LMB seems like the place to be for that.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
Seven years on and off with LotRO, WoW on and off since launch (mostly off since Wrath), Guild Wars 2 since beta (mostly off at this point), and a few others, from ESO to ArcheAge. LotRO remains my favorite of them all, because of its deep connection with Tolkien's lore.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Pacific

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Gwenelleth is an exponent of the warrior-skald style of minstrelsy. When she isn't wielding the power of light against the minions of darkness, she is a stop-and-smell-the roses kind of person. Her name, as near as it can be rendered in the Westron speech, is "she of green skies", a reference to an ancient lay about the sort of weather such skies portend.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Rechazar Nazgul

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Freemark

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I've been to many an Ales and Tales. I think it's wonderful that LMB has been of such service to the Landroval community for so many years. I do plan to come to the next one if possible, and to Winterstock as well.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Exploring, questing, and crafting

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I don't really expect anything from LMB that isn't available to anyone inside or outside the kin. I just want to be where the fun and friends are.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I like to help people who are leveling from time to time and I like to think I'm pretty good company in general. I enjoy crafting gear and consumables for others too, if there's a pleasant exchange to be had as part of it. Health issues often stand in the way of predictable time commitments but I am happy to contribute when and how I'm able.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Read Tolkien many times over; same with the Peter Jackson films. The Rivendell and Lothlorien chapters are among my favorites. I am. at heart, an elf... even if I do eat like a hobbit... Professor Tolkien's works have had a tremendous influence on the progress of my life. I hold him responsible for my degree in philology and linguistics. My misspent youth consisted largely of studying his constructed languages and being inspired to construct my own.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
You are quite thorough! There's always more to say, but half of wisdom is knowing when to be silent.

Last edited by Gwenelleth on 2018/12/03 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Greetings,
Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for a friendly LMB officer to complete your interview.

Gwenelleth

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Greetings,
Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for a friendly LMB officer to complete your interview.

Thank you, Aedon. I am delighted to be here. I certify that this is me!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum