Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milbargreenwood3k

re: TTT Part 3

The Tale continues....

At the break of dawn, Carysta and Milbar Greenwood set off to earn some more money. Being honest and hard working individuals, the two hobbits went out to the courtyard outside of the Prancing Pony to "entertain" some travelers with music. With the normal hiding from the watch they got out their instruments, and Cary's abundance of instruments, and started off with a nice long tune.

The melody rang from the lute of ages and the lead sang from Cary's flute as the song took off down the path it carved in the courtyard. Horses stopped eating, chickens stopped clucking, and some certain people stopped breathing. It was a masterpiece torn right out of a famous musicians songbook, but no one cared. It was beautiful and everyone was caught up in the music so much so that Milbar and Cary had enough time to steal their money bags and continue playing without anyone noticing. When the music stopped, and the last chord was strummed, no one cared that their wallets were gone they just were so happy to have heard such beautiful music.

Looking at each other, Milbar and Cary realized the magic was almost done and they bolted into the brush towards the festival grounds to disappear. When the magic wore off the people were furious that they had been robbed, but they could not remember the faces of the musicians or what they looked for that matter.

Cary and Milbar were laugh and giggling at the fact that they just robbed the bystanders as they were lulled away by the music. Their life of small crime had begun to pay off, even though they had no idea what they were doing.

When they reached the maze they remembered they had to find the gold that Milbar hid. So they ran through the maze trying to find where he hid it.

"So where did you hide it?" Cary asked.

Milbar starched his head, "Well it was by something green..."

"Well that narrows it down to, let's see, hmm EVERYWHERE in this MAZE!" Cary yelled, then covering her mouth realizing how loud she got.

Milbar got wide eyed, "Hey, be nice I was a bit drunk when I hid it... Oh yeah it was by beer! Or ale, or lager?" Milbar started to get distracted.

Cary grabbed his hand, "Okay we will find each mug and see if it's next to it!"

"Woahhhhhhhhh!" Milbar exclaimed as he was dragged along by Cary.

They went to each corner of the maze looking for mugs of beer, ale and lager, trying to find the gold. But at each spot they turned up short. Turing towards the middle of the maze they started at the North end and worked south. They reached a dead end on one of the middle loops on the east end of the middle with a mug in the hedge. Cary dug up the ground looking for anything, suddenly a gold coin appeared near the surface and then a handful of coins.

"OOOOHHHH, I remember now. It's on the other side in the middle under the lattice!" Milbar exclaimed.

"SHHHHH!" Cary hushed, "Be quiet, I'll wait here and you go around they I'll catch up."

Milbar ran through the maze, getting lost twice, to get to the center. We he reached the other side of Cary, he called through the hedge.

"I Found It! It's all Here!" Milbar shouted into the hedge.

Cary sprinted to get to the middle, when she got their she helped Milbar get the rest of it out. Milbar ran to the exit to retrieve the pony and goat to carry the gold. They loaded them up and hurried to the Scholar hall to dump the gold into the secret hideaway. It took a while to get past the watch unnoticed, but they finally made it to the scholar hall.

They danced all the way down the stairs as they made two trips to get all the gold inside. When they got to the bottom the took five steps forward and five steps to the left to their secret hideaway. Milbar and Cary quickly removed the secret brick and tile to reveal the small money pouch from the day before.

"I forgot about that money!" Cary exclaimed dancing around.

They dug out more dirt, but this time they put it in buckets and threw the dirt into the fireplace to get rid of it. They almost put out the fire. Milbar filled the hole with the gold and then sealed it back up.

"We should have disguises." Milbar said, "Just to be sure no one can recognize us."

"Ooo, that's a good idea." Cary said.

So they ran over to the vault in Lalia's Market Vault, where they didn't know who they were. They found two hooded cloaks and they decided to wear them after all their shows to remain hidden.

Last edited by Milbargreenwood3k on 2018/05/29 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carysta

Awarded:

This is exactly how I remember it except I'm sure I'm much more quiet than that... aren't I? *wonders if maybe she's just way noisy*
Carysta

Awarded:

Found the gold! Hurray!!

Forum Image

Hid the gold! Yay!

Forum Image
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: