Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masonis
Musical Wizard Officer

re: App: Masonis

The application submitted by Masonis is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Masonis
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 61
Race : Elf
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Firstly, I have a raging fever, and the only cure is more BBB.

On a more serious note: I've been playing on Landroval for about a month and what impressed me the most about LMB is that every kin member I've met conduct themselves with a respectful attitude and are very helpful to others. Their dedication to the game and the lore behind it are also very apparent in their performances and events.

I've spent the last 6 years, with a few breaks, running a multi-boxing alt band on Brandywine, my server of origin, and I've always felt that if I was to search for a large-scale kinship again, that I would be drawn to one with an emphasis on musical performance. I feel that I may have found this and much more with LMB.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I've played LotRO since 2008'ish - right before Moria was released, but I've also played the first Everquest, a bit of WoW, Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Star Trek Online, Rift, and Archeage.

I played with a hardcore raiding guild on EQ, and did heavy PVP in DAoC, Rift and SWTOR. Over the years, I burned out on MMO's and gaming in general. I always kept coming back to LotRO due to the music system and the setting. It's currently the only MMO I still play.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Central Time (TX, USA) DST observed

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Masonis, an Elf of Mirkwood and a wandering bard, is known for his flashy attire, enthusiasm for the performing arts, and his unusually (for an Elf) indulgent attitude towards strong drinks.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Music 'N Mayhem - an alt band.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Aedon

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
My favorite event on the entire server is Saturday's midnight performance by Bards, Beards and Longbeards. I've also been to Ales & Tales and the Andune Ensemble's concerts. My impressions are that LMB puts in a lot of effort and work to produce quality music and an amazing atmosphere.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Musical performances

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
It's been about 6 years since I've played in a large band (not boxed alts). I want to experience this again, and I would like to make new friends and improve my ability to produce music for LotRO as well.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I have a limited amount of free time for gaming, and I want to focus on music. I'm well adjusted to the music system in general and have played in bands before. I've been transcribing and mixing ABC files since I started with LotRO, and have learned how to repair and edit MIDI files. I do have a more limited experience with sequencing MIDI files from scratch. I'm not a professional musician, put I will put everything I've learned into being a participating member in performances.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Books: The Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the Silmarillion. Movies: all

Reading about Gandalf standing alone against the Balrog in Moria will always be my most memorable moment from the books. I was much younger when I read the books for the first time and the words painted a vivid image.

From the movies, it would be the battle at Helm's Deep from The Two Towers, and the charge of the Rohirrim on the Pellenor Fields from Return of the King.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I think this app just about covers it.

Masonis
Musical Wizard Officer

re: Re: App: Masonis

I believe I forgot to include a statement on RP experience. I practice light roleplay in the game, and do my best to respect and get along with others who perform relevant and inoffensive RP. I'm no master lore-scholar, but I have no problem with the basics of in-character interaction.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Masonis - by Aedon Durreah

I know Masonis from the music scene in Bree, He is a great guy, friendly and with a flair for music. I highly endorse this application.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Congratulations Masonis, your application has been approved. Please/joinchannel ales and tales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Freemark
CEC Officer

Awarded:

Congrats Masonis! I am soooooooooo happy that you are approved and I hope that you see and LMB officer soon so that you can become a member of one of the finest kinships in Middle Earth :)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum