Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

Amberflower wrote:
Sullo will log the /say channel

Awesome!! Thank you, Mr. Sullo! :)

Animal House got themselves set up on the red carpet I set up for them. So, they'll be ready to go. They did ask... how many songs do you want them to do? How long do they need to go... 30 minutes, an hour? They could do several hours of Tam music.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Most times I book two acts giving each band 13-15 mins Tearna. Then we do announcements, and mentoring and on to second half of show with 1-2 bands or several small acts. So Since it will be Old Winnyards, and Animal House and then others telling stories and such about Tam that 30-40 for Animal House might go well, That would take us to about 10:30 or so, and leaving time after for more talking. What do you folks think?

Would also be sort of nice if for the ending the two bands had the same music to a Tamaro favorite to play together. But with Wicked on the road and having to use an iffy set up, that would be really taxing at this late date.

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Most times I book two acts giving each band 13-15 mins Tearna. Then we do announcements, and mentoring and on to second half of show with 1-2 bands or several small acts. So Since it will be Old Winnyards, and Animal House and then others telling stories and such about Tam that 30-40 for Animal House might go well, That would take us to about 10:30 or so, and leaving time after for more talking. What do you folks think?

Would also be sort of nice if for the ending the two bands had the same music to a Tamaro favorite to play together. But with Wicked on the road and having to use an iffy set up, that would be really taxing at this late date.

I think this sounds good, Aedon. Also, I'm wondering if we really need to do Announcements/Mentoring this week? I mean, many people have heard the announcements before and we don't get that many who need mentored these days..... so maybe it would give a better flow to the evening to just skip it this week. Besides all the lovely music, I'm sure there will be many who would like to speak, share a story and/or maybe play an individual song in Tam's memory. We want to be sure we give everyone time.... Just a thought....

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Given that this is not a 'regular' show, I agree that we can skip announcements/mentoring this week. Also, an extended set for Animal House would be best, since they are making special effort to be there. Perhaps we can split up their set so that we can alternate stories and music and tribute-statements? Such as: OW opener, story#1, AH set#1, tributes, story#2, AH set#2, maybe more tributes, OW closing set. If AH wants to do just one long set, that is fine also; was mostly thinking it would be nice to split up the stories and tributes for better flow. We could suggest that the individual tributes be limited to 1-2 minutes, unless they tell us otherwise in advance, so that we can plan accordingly (really don't want folks who sign up early to just do rambling 'open stage' on this night if others are waiting).

Old Winyardsers: Please wear a fancy/respectful burgundy outfit (i.e. no Halloween masks). Please have the NEW LMB Playlist (v5.28, posted yesterday) which has the new A&T opening song.

If anyone has additional song requests, please post them.

Yes Tearna, sounds good re N&N outside and the main event inside.

Also, we need someone(s) to sing lyrics for the following in the Old Winyards set:

Quote:
Keelhauled
Gimme Some Muffins (Gimme Some Lovin)
Woman
Hallelujah
Bullroarer Took

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Dannigan is at work, but he would like to know if there's a particular Gori story that you think he should tell tonight. Can you think of any that were Tam's particular favorites?

Awarded:

I can do either Woman or Bullroarer Took.

And yes I agree, mentoring and announcements not needed. I was just adding them in for timing aspects. I am beginning to think I time my life in show parts.

Avangrod

Is there a setlist link for OW tonight? Looking forward to tonight it should be nice.

Eilye
Field Marshal

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
Do we know who is going to MC the rest of the evening?

Tearna, I am. Would you prefer that I kick things off and hand over to you prior to Winyards starting, or would you like to speak first?
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

I have the original lyrics to Keelhauled but it's not very OW friendly...
Maybe I can edit it a bit.

Pink Officer

Some thoughts...

1. Eilye... When we hosted, I always opened it with a welcome to our guests. I think that works here and I've already prepared an opening script... complete with a handoff to Old Winyards at the end.

2. Flexibility, an area where I know you all are wonderful! Wicked was managing okay last night in the kinhouse, but that was minus the 50 or so people that are likely to be there... all dancing and doing things to slow his laptop down. haha

He was going to try and get more RAM today to help that.. but with no way to test how laggy he will be... I suggested that we might let people speak between songs while AH was loading and setting up the next song. That is only IF needed, which we won't really know until they play.

In my intro, I've asked folks who want to share to whisper (??? who is backstage? Aedon??? ) to get on the list. Should we find this is necessary, it shouldn't be hard to just let someone know, you are up after this song ends.

3. Wicked Idea: Some of the tunes AH will play, won't have anyone singing the lyrics. It would just be odd for Tearna to sing them. haha Wicked suggested that perhaps during some of those you could have someone up to share, especially if you have someone you know is going to go a little long? Just an idea. Not sure how well that would work given folks will be dancing. But I toss it out there. :)

4. Kaerri - I don't know that Tam had a favorite. He loved them all! He loved the interaction in them. Tell Dannigan to pick which ever is his favorite. Unless OW folks have a favorite they'd like to suggest.

5. I plan to be there by 8:30. I'll be in teamspeak with Animal House to coordinate with them... and probably should be in raid with OW to coordinate there.

However, Tam's sister is coming... she will be on his character Brenna. She is not a gamer and is very lost in "our world" haha. She has trouble doing anything but walking straight ahead. So, I may need to group with her to make it easier for her to talk to me if needed. Not sure how that will play out or when she will arrive. Given she's on the west coast, sometimes 9:30 is early for them so not thinking she will show up too early.

Thank you all.. you are so wonderful. Tam was an ardent believer in LMB and far apart, never alone. And with good reason. *hugs*

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Question because I can't remember: Does A&T/server time follow DST changes and still at 9:30PM EST or is it an hour earlier (same time UTC)?

Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I'm home and have internet! Byrcha, which of the listed songs are you planning for the opener? I can get teh dance set going, unless you have it all done already!

The setlist is on the usual sign-up sheet - it just isn't finished yet :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1447699956

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I'm at work for another hour still. Setlist is still a work in progress! Glad to hear you'll be there, Lhinn! :) Please add songs and we'll figure it out soon(tm).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I'll get to work on it, then! I can sing Durin and Bullroarer, if needed. If there were any other song suggestions and I missed them, please chime in folks :)

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Yeahhhhh no, I don't think Keelhauled is really fit for tonight's show. Fun for pirate day or ATX, but for today it would be bad taste. If we decide to keep it, it would require a complete overhaul of the lyrics to something different, or just play the music alone without lyrics.
The second verse of the original lyrics go:
Quote:

I will not say what he has done
His sins are far too grave to tell
It's not my place to judge a man
But boy he will burn in hell

The sharks will dine up on his flesh
And davy jones will have his soul
Take his money and his hat
He won't need them where he's gonna go

And first lets tie him to a rope
And throw him overboard
Drag him underneath the ship
A terrifying deadly trip

Keelhaul, that filthy landlubber, send him down to the depths below
Make that bastard walk the plank with a bottle of rum and a yo-ho-ho

We don't want Tam's sister to swear and faint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: