Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Eilye
Field Marshal

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

Zarenwen wrote:
I also would like to play with Old Winyards at Tamoro's Ales & Tales, if that's ok?

If it's ok? We thought you'd never ask. :)

Freeky, I have you down too! First post updated!
Avangrod

I didn't know Tam but would be honoured to play if there is enough room. Let me know.

Eilye
Field Marshal

Avangrod,

There is definitely room. We have a large turnout, which is surprising to exactly no one because of the kind of guy Tam was. So, any of us may be "air-playing" on any number of songs. But of course, the point of being there isn't to be able to hit the Songbook buttons. Besides, there are some lovely larger numbers in the LMB library, and the high attendance will make them available to Lhinn and Byrcha.

I'm adding you to the list!
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Eilye wrote:
Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
So, I'd probably want to do the intro the week prior? Or maybe just hold onto this for next year? Fall is always so very busy... decisions, decisions...

Tearna, it is the things which are special to Tam that will make this a proper tribute. So, I definitely think you should arrange things however needed so that you can tell part of this tale on 11/6.

Okay... I have finished the tale... at least a very good first version of it. There will be edits and polishing right up to the end while I'm pasting it in Poetical. haha

*sighs* I do so miss Tam's comments and input. The humorous touches were often his influence and he was always good with thoughts and ideas from a totally different angle.

At any rate, I'll go back to the original plan and open with the chapter from the Quickfoot Estates, and then do a flashback the following week for what happened with Bilwise. It isn't as ideal, but will work. I'll just need to do a good recap of chapter 1 between chapter 2 and 3. :)

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

A couple of things/thoughts....

I think it would be good to have some time where those who want to can share a memory or thoughts about Tam. We've done this in previous memorials so probably already in people's thoughts, but it hadn't been voiced, so I thought I would. :) Tearna will have a eulogy and can start it off if needed.

Tam's sister will attend. She updated the game and we talked this past weekend and got her logged in on Tam's alt, Brenna. She's having some challenges learning to move around and keeps ending up with her nose against the wall or corner (hehe), but plans to log in and practice. We left Brenna at Quickfoot Estates.

Finally... just as a heads up :: there is a tiny little itty-bitty chance that Animal House may not be able to perform after all. Wicked must go on extended business travel again, Nov. 4 through Dec. 5th. He really wants to be here for this and has a work around plan that he's pretty confident he can make work, but won't know for sure til he tries.

There will be no Animal House on Saturday nights in November though. sad

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Aaaaah sad
Well, it looks like I am actually moving this weekend. My plan is to try and get all furniture and everything that we need to live moved into the new apartment on Saturday/Sunday. Then, move the rest of the boxes (which are still in process of being packed) after work next week. I did finally convince my ISP provider that I desperately need my services to be moved by this coming Monday evening but I have no idea if I'll be able to have everything hooked up by showtime on Monday after work. I am going to give it my very best, as I do not want to miss the Tamoro tribute. I am just posting this here because you never know what will happen when it comes to moving/hooking pc back up/appointments with service providers/falling over from exhaustion/etc.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Heya Banders!

Real Life has seen to it that I will be able to show up for Tam's Ales & Tales as Gori! Get ready for some interactive tale-telling! Wooo! /dance_dwarf2

Honor and fun,
Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge a.k.a. Dannigan of Rohan =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Dannigan wrote:
Heya Banders!

Real Life has seen to it that I will be able to show up for Tam's Ales & Tales as Gori! Get ready for some interactive tale-telling! Wooo! /dance_dwarf2

Honor and fun,
Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge a.k.a. Dannigan of Rohan =)

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear that! Tam is smiling too, I'm sure. :)

Eilye
Field Marshal

Dann, that is wonderful news. Thank you for arranging things to allow Gori to be present.

Lhinn, I am mustering all my Elvish powers to will you to be present, because it literally will not be the same without you. But please know that the thoughts and well wishes of your LMB family will be with you this weekend. I suppose, in time, even Eilye could reluctantly be persuaded to forgive you for abandoning your bandleader post. At the very least, she’ll finally be able to win an Elvish staring contest.

I am looking forward to celebrating and remembering with all of you soon!
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Just a few thoughts about Monday night.

1) I have an opening welcome, as Tam and I normally did when we hosted A&T for the holidays and can hand it off to Old Winyards.

Do we know who is going to MC the rest of the evening?

2) Wicked plans to be present... on a laptop. They tested it Friday evening and he can manage, just barely.

I've set up a red rug sort of floating on the right side of the stage (view from audience) to allow them to go ahead and set up their menagerie of alts BEFORE the program begins (it's just 2 people controlling all those characters in case folks didn't know). Otherwise we are going to waste a lot of time waiting for them to set up with the lag that Wicked has on the laptop (which isn't a gaming laptop haha).

3) I know some of you always record fellowship/raid chat, can someone also save the /say window without emotes? I'd like to send the say log to his sister.

4) It would also be awesome if someone could take "moving pictures" of the evening so she can share with other family members who aren't able to attend.

5) As stated earlier, I have the 1st chapter of The Tale of Bilwise, ready to share. I practiced it yesterday and it looks like it will run about 7-8 minutes.

Lhinn... crossing fingers and toes that your internet is hooked up and you are able to attend! *hugs*
It will be a wonderful evening!! :)

Hollyberye

Awarded:

Hi, Tearna, you have just come up with something I can do for Tam and Tam's friends and family, film the event. Though it will run way past my bedtime, I can do this for the fine Dwarf Lad that saved me from the palantir, and carried it off to Lord Elrond.

(I am quite sure that Tam thought both Hollyberye and the lass behind the Elf were beyond silly during our Secret Pie vault adventure -- and he (and Tearna) were so sweet to put up with it/me.) But also, besides being a great friend to many and a wonderful family member, it makes me so sad that his life was cut short.

So I will film (Leddyzep will film--for YouTube--the channel is Hollyberye). Do I start with Nibbles and Nobs, or is that open to any band, so I start when you begin?

Also, I film with chat bubbles but no chat windows--however, if you want a small chat window up on the bottom left, so not in F12, I can do that. My filmer has a tab for bands/lyrics/say, but not emotes.

Holly
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I am taking it that we will not need to book acts for this special Ales and Tales, but will be having friends and kinnies speak about Tam.

Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Aedon... Animal House will play a set of all Tam songs from the Sat. night concerts. Gori will be there with one of his fabulous tales and I'll have the start of mine.

Other than that, yes.. I think it would be good to allow people the opportunity to say what they want to... or need to. Perhaps we should have them sign up for a spot to avoid confusion? I did mention that in my opening welcome... who should they whisper to get a spot??? Who is wrangling backstage?

Holly - The actual memorial won't start until the regular 9:30 show, so unless you just really feel strong about capturing the gathering of folks, I wouldn't worry about it.

I was thinking Nibbles an Nobs could be held on the steps of our fountain pavilion... then go inside for Ales N Tales?

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Sounds great Tearna.

Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

Sullo will log the /say channel

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: