Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Veriwin
Officer

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

Just throwing in my opinion here, but November 20 is perilously close to, if not directly within, holiday travel season. While November 6 is... nothing. It'd be a shame if some people wanted to attend this but couldn't due to family obligations.

Last edited by Veriwin on 2017/10/04 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

I think I'd favor Nov. 6th.

As previously stated, the 20th is perilously close to the holidays and I'd rather not push it into December... for several reasons one of which is the fact that Mia and Blynd are having an in-game wedding early in December (which I am coordinating for them haha).

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

All right, let's plan for Nov. 6th.

Also, if there are any specific song/lyrics requests, please post here or let Lhinn/myself know. I have fond memories of Tam singing 'Keelhauled' and 'Gimme Some Muffins'.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I would like some of the songs he sang to Tearna included is she does not mind. I always smiled when he stood near Animal House and sang Woman to her.

Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Aedon Durreah wrote:
I would like some of the songs he sang to Tearna included is she does not mind. I always smiled when he stood near Animal House and sang Woman to her.

No, I don't mind. Just no "Leave your hat on" though. hehe

Eilye
Field Marshal

First post updated again - I'll track any suggested songs there as well.

Thanks all for the great input and feedback.
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Heya folks!

I will do what I can to make this. Real Life will be throwing a schedule change around or before November 6th. I'd like to perform as Gori with a tale of his (any requests?). Knowing Tam's gone is... still one hell of a downer. He wouldn't want us down for long though.

As Kaerri and I have done for the Tinkster and Godwineson, we'll be going by our favorite roleplaying and dining establishment (same place!) and getting a tall cool one in Tam's honor (Zombie Killer Hard Cider) and bringing the bottle home in his honor.

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dann

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Eilye
Field Marshal

Dann,

If things do work out for you schedule-wise, it will be a pleasure to have you. One thing that was very striking in looking back through chat logs for "Tam-isms" was how animated and happy he was one night when Gori was telling a tale at Ales and Tales. So, your presence would be very meaningful!

Be well, and enjoy that cider.
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Hallelujah always reminds me of Tam, too. He always loved it when it was in the setlist and sang it so beautifully!

I've started the sheet on the alesandtales doc, so we can coordinate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1447699956

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Great song choice Lhinn.

Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

It would be awesome if you can come, Gori!! Tam loved your interactive tales and spoke of them fondly on many occasions. :)

And yes, great choice, Lhinn. Hallelujah was one of Tam's favorites... though he had so many. He loved music... and all things creative!! :)

I've been working on a new tale, with Tam's help, over the past year or so. I have the beginning ready and a really good draft of the end, but rather got stuck in the middle. no comment I'm wondering if this might not be a good time to kick it off? The opening scenes are Tam and Tearna at home, receiving the news that Bilwise has gone missing. It's a great character sketch of Tam.

That will also force me to be diligent and finish. haha Let me know if you think that is too much, though.

EDIT: Looking back over the manuscript, I had originally started with Tam and Tea at home, but decided that in this case, it made more sense to start out with Bilwise rather than do a flashback. So, I'd probably want to do the intro the week prior? Or maybe just hold onto this for next year? Fall is always so very busy... decisions, decisions...

Last edited by Tearna Quickfoot on 2017/10/07 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Eilye, Put me down for OW if there is room. It would be an honor to perform in his memory. I have enough vacation time available that would otherwise go to waste so I can stay up as late as we can if anyone wants to.

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
So, I'd probably want to do the intro the week prior? Or maybe just hold onto this for next year? Fall is always so very busy... decisions, decisions...

Tearna, it is the things which are special to Tam that will make this a proper tribute. So, I definitely think you should arrange things however needed so that you can tell part of this tale on 11/6.

Vulpes_Velox wrote:
Eilye, Put me down for OW if there is room.

Sonca, of course there is room - I was hoping you'd be able to! It is good to see you back.
Zarenwen
Zarenwen
Officer of Stardust

Awarded:

I also would like to play with Old Winyards at Tamoro's Ales & Tales, if that's ok?
Freemark
CEC Officer

Awarded:

Please sign me up for the 2nd set with the Old Winyards if that is at all possible. I would come sooner but work would get in the way. I am good to play for the 2nd set and to be there for our tribue to Tam.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: