Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Eilye
Field Marshal

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

Thank you all for replying. It seems schedules are pretty flexible, which is good! Tearna, did you get a chance to talk to Night/Wicked? If they will be playing, it would be good to know if any dates are bad for them. Otherwise, we shall just schedule around Byrcha's off weeks.

I know we've already decided on Quickfoot Estates, but I thought of another supporting reason. You can kick griefers out of homes, right? (I think that's a thing). So although I hope that wouldn't be a problem, it's nice to think we'll have griefer-insurance.

I received a nice note back from Galzagar, whom I PM'ed. His computer is in storage, so he won't be able to attend, but he extended his sympathies, and wanted you all to know that he misses you and looks back on his LMB days fondly. He also shared that he was just recently married within the last couple of weeks, so that was nice!

I've updated the first post again with more details.
Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

Sullo and I should be able to make any Monday work as long as we know! Life is busy, but we wouldn't miss this.

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Thank you, Eilye, for organizing!! I would be honored to co-lead Old WInyards for the tribute and will gladly stay up past my bedtime to do so, for Tam! I also agree that Quickfoot Estates will be the perfect venue. Please, please do host, Eilye. As far as I know, for dates, any Monday evening should be Okay for me.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Eilye wrote:

Tearna, I think it is lovely that Tam's sister will attend. Although it would be unsettling to have her attend as Tam, I think. Would she bring one of his alts? What do you think?
)

Oh, goodness no... she would not attend as Tam. He has at least a dozen alts. I was thinking perhaps his hunter, Brenna who is female and a hobbit. I think all his other alts are male. Sister may not mind one way or the other, but it seemed fitting.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Greyylene
Officer of Rum

Awarded:

this is such a neat thing to do. I would like to participate.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Eilye you will make a wonderful host. I will make myself available on whatever night is needed.

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Eilye, thank you so much for heading up this planning thread. It was a privilege for me to play in Old Winyards with Tam way back when I first began to play with the band. I would love to play with the band during this tribute to him.

I am available most Monday evenings, except for possibly tomorrow evening... I have another commitment and I am not sure how late it will go... but other than that I am available most Monday evenings through October and at least early November.

My first thought for a venue was also Quickfoot Estates. I have a kinhome and a regular home in the same neighborhood (Fassnade) Quickfoot Estates has always been a wonderfully warm and welcoming place.

I think you would be a wonderful host, Eilye. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Yes, probably best not to attend as Tamoro himself.
One of the less known alts might be better if she doesn't have her own account.

Address for Quickfoot Estates: 8 Long Street, Fassnade, Bree homesteads.

I would definitely like to attend, and as long as I know the date beforehand I should be able to schedule myself accordingly.

Field Marshal

So I think we have one of our questions definitively answered: Quickfoot Estates it is. I've updated the first post accordingly.

Byrcha, thanks for posting your availability. If anyone else is reading this and would like to play with WInyards, could you please post your intention to do so as well as your scheduling constraints? If we see everyone's availability we should be able to settle on our date.

Also thanks for agreeing to co-lead Winyards. I definitely think we're going to need both you and Lhinn to scratch the "classic Tamoro-era" itch. Perhaps you could take the opening set (thus providing the potential for reckless hwg'ing), and Lhinn could take the closer (the better to show off her rampant tardiness and utter lack of respect for end times)? :)

Tearna, I think it is lovely that Tam's sister will attend. Although it would be unsettling to have her attend as Tam, I think. Would she bring one of his alts? What do you think?

Would anyone object to my hosting? My feelings won't be hurt if you'd prefer someone else, but I'd like to do so. I will keep the character of Eilye in the closet that evening - her player will be in control for once. (at least in /say - I make no promises about /ra)
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

His sister has said that she'd like to attend. She has taken his PC and laptop home with her and has his log in info. She's on the west coast, but given how late Ales N Tales is, that shouldn't be a huge issue.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I too have fond memories of Tam singing the A&T lyrics; he helped restore them to their rightful place. An additional verse and amended music would be a grand tribute.

Inviting Animal House for a featured set would be wonderful. Perhaps we could hold the regular show slots for tributes, rather than random acts for this particular event (random acts could of course play during Nibbles & Nobs).

I too like the idea of holding this at Quickfoot Estates (we usually visit during yuletide, but shouldn't wait nearly that long). We can adjust our schedule depending on when we'd like to hold this.

Speaking of schedules, I have RL restrictions on the second- and fourth-Mondays of each month; I'm not home until 10:30-11:00. I'd be happy to contribute by co-bandleading and saying a few words.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

This is just wonderful!! thank you Aegthil and Aedon! This song means so much to many folks and now it shall be an even deeper meaning! I'v updated the lyrics on the ales and tales spreadsheet lyrics tab as well.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Sounds great Aegthil!
Funny ting is, on my original notes I had the word "still" in the verse. I also like axe better in the one verse because of the double meaning, a weapon or an instrument. Redid my lyrics at the top just so I will have them handy.

Aegthil of Gondor

OK, here's the Tamoro version of Ales and Tales.

- I added another verse, with a special Tamoro harmony line. In high flute, to imitate the piping sound of a hobbit's voice.
- I added one word "still" to the last line of Aedon's lyrics. This is to make it scan better, but feel free to take it away again, Aedon, if you want. They are your lyrics.
- I also changed "sword" to "axe". I know, I know, you've all be singing "sword" for years now. But the original lyrics said "axe", as that also is slang for a musician's instrument. So "bring your axe along" is something that one would often say to another musician who is coming along to listen, maybe to play. Somehow that seems to fit well with Ales and Tales.

abc file
mp3 file

Aegthil's Fool

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

An added verse would be great Aegthil. More flute? Will be nice to have Tams voice always in the song.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: