Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Eilye
Field Marshal

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

Dann,

If things do work out for you schedule-wise, it will be a pleasure to have you. One thing that was very striking in looking back through chat logs for "Tam-isms" was how animated and happy he was one night when Gori was telling a tale at Ales and Tales. So, your presence would be very meaningful!

Be well, and enjoy that cider.
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Heya folks!

I will do what I can to make this. Real Life will be throwing a schedule change around or before November 6th. I'd like to perform as Gori with a tale of his (any requests?). Knowing Tam's gone is... still one hell of a downer. He wouldn't want us down for long though.

As Kaerri and I have done for the Tinkster and Godwineson, we'll be going by our favorite roleplaying and dining establishment (same place!) and getting a tall cool one in Tam's honor (Zombie Killer Hard Cider) and bringing the bottle home in his honor.

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dann

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Eilye
Field Marshal

First post updated again - I'll track any suggested songs there as well.

Thanks all for the great input and feedback.
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Aedon Durreah wrote:
I would like some of the songs he sang to Tearna included is she does not mind. I always smiled when he stood near Animal House and sang Woman to her.

No, I don't mind. Just no "Leave your hat on" though. hehe

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I would like some of the songs he sang to Tearna included is she does not mind. I always smiled when he stood near Animal House and sang Woman to her.

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

All right, let's plan for Nov. 6th.

Also, if there are any specific song/lyrics requests, please post here or let Lhinn/myself know. I have fond memories of Tam singing 'Keelhauled' and 'Gimme Some Muffins'.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

I think I'd favor Nov. 6th.

As previously stated, the 20th is perilously close to the holidays and I'd rather not push it into December... for several reasons one of which is the fact that Mia and Blynd are having an in-game wedding early in December (which I am coordinating for them haha).

Veriwin
Officer

Just throwing in my opinion here, but November 20 is perilously close to, if not directly within, holiday travel season. While November 6 is... nothing. It'd be a shame if some people wanted to attend this but couldn't due to family obligations.

Last edited by Veriwin on 2017/10/04 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Either would work for me. Like Eilye, I defer to Tearna.

Eilye
Field Marshal

My feeling would be to take the closest option (11/6), but I'd like to hear from Tearna.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Do we think that Monday November 20th is too far away? It would be closer to Yulefest (and after Harvestmath) wink but is also the beginning of the Thanksgiving travel week in the U.S. Otherwise we could go for Monday November 6th or even Monday December 4th (which fit my schedule). What say you?

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

That would be so lovely Tearna.

Eilye
Field Marshal

Ok, Lady B. As our fearless leader and the only one with a problem child schedule (j/k), I am leaving it to you to select our date. Pick a Monday and I'll update the first post with it.

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
I may just go ahead and decorate for Christmas. Tam loved it when it was done up for the holidays.

Yes, please! It will be more evocative of our past visits there with Christmas decorations up. :)
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Yes, I've spoken with Animal House and they said they would be honored to come and didn't have any problems with a Monday night. I'm assuming we are still looking at November?

I believe you can ban folks from your house, though I've not had to do that before. I'd be pleased to give Byrcha a boot to use! hehehe

We have one of the large Gondorian fountains with benches and steps out on the lawn that would do nicely for nibbles and nobs. I'll rearrange the interior to make it group and dance friendly. :) I may just go ahead and decorate for Christmas. Tam loved it when it was done up for the holidays.

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Aw, such nice news about Galzagar!

Yes, we can boot griefers from housing properties -- as long as we have permissions to do so. Griefers have not been an issue of late on A&T nights, but best to be prepared.

Thanks for arranging this, Eilye!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: