Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

Dannigan wrote:
Heya Banders!

Real Life has seen to it that I will be able to show up for Tam's Ales & Tales as Gori! Get ready for some interactive tale-telling! Wooo! /dance_dwarf2

Honor and fun,
Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge a.k.a. Dannigan of Rohan =)

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear that! Tam is smiling too, I'm sure. :)

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Heya Banders!

Real Life has seen to it that I will be able to show up for Tam's Ales & Tales as Gori! Get ready for some interactive tale-telling! Wooo! /dance_dwarf2

Honor and fun,
Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge a.k.a. Dannigan of Rohan =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Aaaaah sad
Well, it looks like I am actually moving this weekend. My plan is to try and get all furniture and everything that we need to live moved into the new apartment on Saturday/Sunday. Then, move the rest of the boxes (which are still in process of being packed) after work next week. I did finally convince my ISP provider that I desperately need my services to be moved by this coming Monday evening but I have no idea if I'll be able to have everything hooked up by showtime on Monday after work. I am going to give it my very best, as I do not want to miss the Tamoro tribute. I am just posting this here because you never know what will happen when it comes to moving/hooking pc back up/appointments with service providers/falling over from exhaustion/etc.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

A couple of things/thoughts....

I think it would be good to have some time where those who want to can share a memory or thoughts about Tam. We've done this in previous memorials so probably already in people's thoughts, but it hadn't been voiced, so I thought I would. :) Tearna will have a eulogy and can start it off if needed.

Tam's sister will attend. She updated the game and we talked this past weekend and got her logged in on Tam's alt, Brenna. She's having some challenges learning to move around and keeps ending up with her nose against the wall or corner (hehe), but plans to log in and practice. We left Brenna at Quickfoot Estates.

Finally... just as a heads up :: there is a tiny little itty-bitty chance that Animal House may not be able to perform after all. Wicked must go on extended business travel again, Nov. 4 through Dec. 5th. He really wants to be here for this and has a work around plan that he's pretty confident he can make work, but won't know for sure til he tries.

There will be no Animal House on Saturday nights in November though. sad

Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Eilye wrote:
Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
So, I'd probably want to do the intro the week prior? Or maybe just hold onto this for next year? Fall is always so very busy... decisions, decisions...

Tearna, it is the things which are special to Tam that will make this a proper tribute. So, I definitely think you should arrange things however needed so that you can tell part of this tale on 11/6.

Okay... I have finished the tale... at least a very good first version of it. There will be edits and polishing right up to the end while I'm pasting it in Poetical. haha

*sighs* I do so miss Tam's comments and input. The humorous touches were often his influence and he was always good with thoughts and ideas from a totally different angle.

At any rate, I'll go back to the original plan and open with the chapter from the Quickfoot Estates, and then do a flashback the following week for what happened with Bilwise. It isn't as ideal, but will work. I'll just need to do a good recap of chapter 1 between chapter 2 and 3. :)

Eilye
Field Marshal

Avangrod,

There is definitely room. We have a large turnout, which is surprising to exactly no one because of the kind of guy Tam was. So, any of us may be "air-playing" on any number of songs. But of course, the point of being there isn't to be able to hit the Songbook buttons. Besides, there are some lovely larger numbers in the LMB library, and the high attendance will make them available to Lhinn and Byrcha.

I'm adding you to the list!
Avangrod

I didn't know Tam but would be honoured to play if there is enough room. Let me know.

Eilye
Field Marshal

Zarenwen wrote:
I also would like to play with Old Winyards at Tamoro's Ales & Tales, if that's ok?

If it's ok? We thought you'd never ask. :)

Freeky, I have you down too! First post updated!
Freemark
CEC Officer

Awarded:

Please sign me up for the 2nd set with the Old Winyards if that is at all possible. I would come sooner but work would get in the way. I am good to play for the 2nd set and to be there for our tribue to Tam.
Zarenwen
Zarenwen
Officer of Stardust

Awarded:

I also would like to play with Old Winyards at Tamoro's Ales & Tales, if that's ok?
Eilye
Field Marshal

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
So, I'd probably want to do the intro the week prior? Or maybe just hold onto this for next year? Fall is always so very busy... decisions, decisions...

Tearna, it is the things which are special to Tam that will make this a proper tribute. So, I definitely think you should arrange things however needed so that you can tell part of this tale on 11/6.

Vulpes_Velox wrote:
Eilye, Put me down for OW if there is room.

Sonca, of course there is room - I was hoping you'd be able to! It is good to see you back.
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Eilye, Put me down for OW if there is room. It would be an honor to perform in his memory. I have enough vacation time available that would otherwise go to waste so I can stay up as late as we can if anyone wants to.

It would be awesome if you can come, Gori!! Tam loved your interactive tales and spoke of them fondly on many occasions. :)

And yes, great choice, Lhinn. Hallelujah was one of Tam's favorites... though he had so many. He loved music... and all things creative!! :)

I've been working on a new tale, with Tam's help, over the past year or so. I have the beginning ready and a really good draft of the end, but rather got stuck in the middle. no comment I'm wondering if this might not be a good time to kick it off? The opening scenes are Tam and Tearna at home, receiving the news that Bilwise has gone missing. It's a great character sketch of Tam.

That will also force me to be diligent and finish. haha Let me know if you think that is too much, though.

EDIT: Looking back over the manuscript, I had originally started with Tam and Tea at home, but decided that in this case, it made more sense to start out with Bilwise rather than do a flashback. So, I'd probably want to do the intro the week prior? Or maybe just hold onto this for next year? Fall is always so very busy... decisions, decisions...

Last edited by Tearna Quickfoot on 2017/10/07 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Great song choice Lhinn.

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Hallelujah always reminds me of Tam, too. He always loved it when it was in the setlist and sang it so beautifully!

I've started the sheet on the alesandtales doc, so we can coordinate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1447699956

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: