Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forte Maestro

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

Halgoreth wrote:
Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
Holly - The actual memorial won't start until the regular 9:30 show, so unless you just really feel strong about capturing the gathering of folks, I wouldn't worry about it.

Um...I rather suspect that she does feel quite strongly about being able to record it. But, of course, what she probably feels most strongly about is being able to be there at all, whether or not she can record.

Hmm...I see now that that's kinda what you were saying...I probably just read it wrong.

Holly, please don't let plans to capture the occasion get in the way if they would hinder your ability to attend! If you can be there by tethering your computer to your mobile (or even with two tins and a string), forget about the video...just be there if you can!

That said. . .if anyone else has capture capability, having multiple vids would not be a tragedy. I'm sure there are many folks who either cannot be there or will learn of it later and wish they had been.

I will be streaming it, and the video will be downloadable, but will have the typical stuff on screen like location, who is on stage, and the rolling up coming music updates that I do on screen for MaestroTV if that will also work. It will be recorded, so that will not be an issue it helps.

Awarded:

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
Holly - The actual memorial won't start until the regular 9:30 show, so unless you just really feel strong about capturing the gathering of folks, I wouldn't worry about it.

Um...I rather suspect that she does feel quite strongly about being able to record it. But, of course, what she probably feels most strongly about is being able to be there at all, whether or not she can record.

Hmm...I see now that that's kinda what you were saying...I probably just read it wrong.

Holly, please don't let plans to capture the occasion get in the way if they would hinder your ability to attend! If you can be there by tethering your computer to your mobile (or even with two tins and a string), forget about the video...just be there if you can!

That said. . .if anyone else has capture capability, having multiple vids would not be a tragedy. I'm sure there are many folks who either cannot be there or will learn of it later and wish they had been.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Forte Maestro wrote:
In honor of Tamoro I will be stream this A&T on my twitch server for those who can not make it there.

www.twitch.tv/fortemaestro

Thank you Forte.
It will be good to look back on and wonderful for those unable to be there tonight.

Forte Maestro

Awarded:

In honor of Tamoro I will be stream this A&T on my twitch server for those who can not make it there.

www.twitch.tv/lotrostream

Last edited by Forte Maestro on 2017/11/06 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

High Officer

Awarded:

unfortunately, I don't see it in our lists sad Any other suggestions?

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

John Lennon's song Woman. Not sure if we even have the music. Tam used to stand with Animal House and sing it to Tearna. Always to make me smile big time.

Woman, I can hardly express,
My mixed emotion at my thoughtlessness,
After all I'm forever in your debt,

And woman, I will try to express,
My inner feelings and thankfulness,
For showing me the meaning of success,
Ooh, well, well,
Ooh, well, well,

Woman, I know you understand
The little child inside the man,
Please remember my life is in your hands,

And, woman, hold me close to your heart,
However distant don't keep us apart,
After all it is written in the stars,
Ooh, well, well,
Ooh, well, well,

Woman, please let me explain,
I never meant to cause you sorrow or pain,
So let me tell you again and again and again,

I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever,
I love you (yeah, yeah).

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Also, I'm sorry but I'm not sure which song "Woman" is referring to on the setlist? Someone please help!

"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I think we should keep it in as an instrumental, then. I know Tam used to sing it but you are right.. we don't want to shock his sister too badly!!

Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Yeahhhhh no, I don't think Keelhauled is really fit for tonight's show. Fun for pirate day or ATX, but for today it would be bad taste. If we decide to keep it, it would require a complete overhaul of the lyrics to something different, or just play the music alone without lyrics.
The second verse of the original lyrics go:
Quote:

I will not say what he has done
His sins are far too grave to tell
It's not my place to judge a man
But boy he will burn in hell

The sharks will dine up on his flesh
And davy jones will have his soul
Take his money and his hat
He won't need them where he's gonna go

And first lets tie him to a rope
And throw him overboard
Drag him underneath the ship
A terrifying deadly trip

Keelhaul, that filthy landlubber, send him down to the depths below
Make that bastard walk the plank with a bottle of rum and a yo-ho-ho

We don't want Tam's sister to swear and faint.

Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I'll get to work on it, then! I can sing Durin and Bullroarer, if needed. If there were any other song suggestions and I missed them, please chime in folks :)

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I'm at work for another hour still. Setlist is still a work in progress! Glad to hear you'll be there, Lhinn! :) Please add songs and we'll figure it out soon(tm).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I'm home and have internet! Byrcha, which of the listed songs are you planning for the opener? I can get teh dance set going, unless you have it all done already!

The setlist is on the usual sign-up sheet - it just isn't finished yet :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1447699956

Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Question because I can't remember: Does A&T/server time follow DST changes and still at 9:30PM EST or is it an hour earlier (same time UTC)?

Pink Officer

Some thoughts...

1. Eilye... When we hosted, I always opened it with a welcome to our guests. I think that works here and I've already prepared an opening script... complete with a handoff to Old Winyards at the end.

2. Flexibility, an area where I know you all are wonderful! Wicked was managing okay last night in the kinhouse, but that was minus the 50 or so people that are likely to be there... all dancing and doing things to slow his laptop down. haha

He was going to try and get more RAM today to help that.. but with no way to test how laggy he will be... I suggested that we might let people speak between songs while AH was loading and setting up the next song. That is only IF needed, which we won't really know until they play.

In my intro, I've asked folks who want to share to whisper (??? who is backstage? Aedon??? ) to get on the list. Should we find this is necessary, it shouldn't be hard to just let someone know, you are up after this song ends.

3. Wicked Idea: Some of the tunes AH will play, won't have anyone singing the lyrics. It would just be odd for Tearna to sing them. haha Wicked suggested that perhaps during some of those you could have someone up to share, especially if you have someone you know is going to go a little long? Just an idea. Not sure how well that would work given folks will be dancing. But I toss it out there. :)

4. Kaerri - I don't know that Tam had a favorite. He loved them all! He loved the interaction in them. Tell Dannigan to pick which ever is his favorite. Unless OW folks have a favorite they'd like to suggest.

5. I plan to be there by 8:30. I'll be in teamspeak with Animal House to coordinate with them... and probably should be in raid with OW to coordinate there.

However, Tam's sister is coming... she will be on his character Brenna. She is not a gamer and is very lost in "our world" haha. She has trouble doing anything but walking straight ahead. So, I may need to group with her to make it easier for her to talk to me if needed. Not sure how that will play out or when she will arrive. Given she's on the west coast, sometimes 9:30 is early for them so not thinking she will show up too early.

Thank you all.. you are so wonderful. Tam was an ardent believer in LMB and far apart, never alone. And with good reason. *hugs*

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

I have the original lyrics to Keelhauled but it's not very OW friendly...
Maybe I can edit it a bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: