Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales for Tamoro

I am home! Okies, well if no one has a favorite tale of Gori's, then I guess I'll go with... I don't know! I'm having a hard time deciding!

But I'll know by showtime or before! Have no worry! =)

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dann =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Forte Maestro

Awarded:

Looks like I will actually be streaming it on the Official LOTROstream, so we will get a lot of support for the Tribute.

Awarded:

Lhinnthel wrote:
Byrcha, if you want to change any song order around or substitute any, please feel free to do so! I have been winging it and trying to get a good mix of tempos while thinking about songs Tam might enjoy too. I'm always happy to oblige your hobbity whims as well!

Looks great, Lhinn! We can tinker as we go. I will probably 'say a few words' at the beginning of Beyond.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Forte Maestro

Awarded:

I am at the Kinhouse now and AH says they do have John Lennons Women

High Officer

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Excellent, is the link for the music files posted someplace?
And in the tradition of Tam and Lhinn I am all for dancing till the cows come home.

It's on the usual sheet!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1447699956

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha, if you want to change any song order around or substitute any, please feel free to do so! I have been winging it and trying to get a good mix of tempos while thinking about songs Tam might enjoy too. I'm always happy to oblige your hobbity whims as well!

"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Halgoreth
Halgoreth

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
We go with Server time. So Nibbles and Nobs starts at 8:30 pm est or server time, Main show at 9:30.

(In case there's confusion. . .EST: the ‘ST’ is ‘Standard Time’, not ‘Summer Time’)
Hollyberye

Awarded:

Just to clarify, I am filming the tribute for Tam for posting on YouTube (tomorrow). My filmer and I are both stationed at Quickfoot Estates. (BTW: The decorating is incredible there. Wonderful reading alcove and more. It's maybe the nicest home I have ever seen in game.)

I discussed the filming with Tearna in game on Sunday, so our conversation is missing from this thread. I will start recording at 9:30 server time when Tearna begins indoors, and I am not filming Nibbles and Nobs outside beforehand. I hope that clears up any confusion. Feel free to dance over Leddyzep, it just helps her mix the paints faster...

(Oh, Carica, you are so right!)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

We go with Server time. So Nibbles and Nobs starts at 8:30 pm est or server time, Main show at 9:30.

Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Carica Zoi wrote:
Question because I can't remember: Does A&T/server time follow DST changes and still at 9:30PM EST or is it an hour earlier (same time UTC)?

The U.S. is back off daylight savings as of yesterday, if that helps. ^ ^

Awarded:

Excellent, is the link for the music files posted someplace?
And in the tradition of Tam and Lhinn I am all for dancing till the cows come home.

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Yep! There is a 7-(Aeg)AlesandTales and I used that one for this eve. It's the one with the extra Tam verse.

I have constructed a dance set that Tam wouldn't bat an eye at. He never complained once, back when I first started bandleading and would lead us to midnight (or longer *cough*).... I apologize to all of us who have to get up early, but for Tam.. we shall dance long into the night!!!

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

I have the lyrics to Rum if you want me to sing it... I see you have it on the list. Just let me know.

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Lhinn we do not have the music for John Lennon's Woman, I am sure we can get AH to play it. Also, did Aegthil add the new Ales and Tales music to our folder? It is a whole verse longer.

Halgoreth
Halgoreth

Awarded:

Tulenn wrote:
Also, I'm wondering if we really need to do Announcements/Mentoring this week?

Wait, what?!? Remembering Tamoro without having at least some kind of announcements segment? I think maybe there should be something, even if the announcements are not real. What would Tam have loved to announce?

Come to think of it, perhaps even better than a moment of silence would be, when the usual announcements time comes around, for a soloist to play through “the announcements tune”. . .without saying a word.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: