Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales 9/4 @ Farmers Faire, Bywater, The Shire

Hullo!

Join us tonight (yes, tonight, it may be a holiday in North America, but it IS still a Monday) for Ales & Tales as we visit the Farmers Faire, in Bywater, in The Shire!

Nibbles & Nobs starts at 8:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 9:30pm (EDT, /servertime).

Help Out Backstage:
If you would like to help out with any backstage tasks, please sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew
Newcomers welcome! No experience necessary...we will train! We do appreciate any help you can give!

Play with Old Winyards:
Old Winyards always has room for folks to join the house band!
If you would like to play with us, be sure to have the latest LMBPlaylist 5.26 music file downloaded/updated (just in case; we'll likely play mostly LMB standards). Latest release August, 2017:
http://file3.guildlaunch.net/128176/LMBPlaylist-5.26.zip

You may sign up for playing with the band this week at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1587594870 on the right-hand side of the sheet. Or, just reply to this post.

If you are new, please indicate which instruments you play at the bottom of the sheet (and do bring them all with you).
Please be ready to rock by 9:00pm /servertime. Please wear burgundy ... the color of wine!

Using Songbook to Sync music:
If you'd like to learn how to sync music with a band, Eilye has written a very informative guide explaining how to use the Songbook Plugin!
http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10492542

Share a song or tale!
We always need folks to entertain! If you have a song or tale to share, please come along and sign up to share it in the main show, or participate in Nibbles & Nobs' open-stage!

We hope you can join us tonight at the Faire!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Is there a location where we'll be free from the drunken hobbit NPC spam?

LEADER

Awarded:

Once upon a time we played down near the fishing pond. I don't recall if there are boistrous NPCs there or not.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I think there are fewer loud Hobbits near the pond. Perhaps just the other side of the fishing shack or across the way near the houses?

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

We have also played in the field nearby! Just West of Bywater - it's a rather open area though not perfectly flat :)

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Lhinnthel wrote:
We have also played in the field nearby! Just West of Bywater - it's a rather open area though not perfectly flat :)

Flat is good.
Lhinn, just across the water from that field, there is another farmland that is nice and flat. Close to the water too.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

The filed on the Bywater side of the river gets folks riding though it. Dancing would be best done downhill to keep the ground from eating feet.

The Farmland on the other side is perfectly flat. Few ever use it to plant on, wanting to keep closer to the barn and npc's. You can clearly see Bywater and the fishing hole from it. It is just up the hill from the worm digging.

Veriwin
Officer

I almost made a separate thread for this, but I'll just add a comment to this one.

I was looking at the atstagecrew online spreadsheet and accidentally bumped my keyboard, changing the top-left cell. For some reason, trying to undo that did nothing. I then tried to look at the version history and revert the change, but that caused the entire page to freeze up. I think that this document, with its separate tabs for events going back to 2012 might make it too burdensome to try and load up past versions of it.

Anyway, I assume that the top-left cell said DATE, so I changed it to that. If it was something different, I apologize. But know that any random schmuck can go into that doc and mess it up, and reverting those changes might not work. It may be prudent to either limit its accessibility as to who can make edits to it or to have some less critical or unwieldy doc as the point of entry for people looking for information or to offer their assistance.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Well, no one has broken the A&T doc, until now ... (no, you didn't break it wink and thanks for mentioning it). Alas, restricting access would also prevent random LMBers from signing up easily. Managing/Updating access for every LMB member would be cumbersome (as we already know from managing access on this website). I don't know enough of the nuances of such docs to know how to archive/restore/etc., but we should try to do that. As far as edits go, Ctrl-Z works for me whenever I want to undo something in the doc.

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I've made it a habit to save a copy of the doc to my drive,every now and again, in case things should go awry! So, don't worry about messing it up too badly :)

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: