Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TalendorSW

re: App: TalendorSW

The application submitted by TalendorSW is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Talendor
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 16
Race : Elf
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Hey there! My name is JP but in game I am Talendor the Song Warrior! This is a fairly new character I have started but I am a LOTRO vet. I have been playing for about 7-8 years or so and have explored the far reaches of Middle-Earth over and over. I am originally from Brandywine but for the past 3 years (roughly) have been a member of the Landroval community. I do have a main character but this particular character I am applying for has been the most active I have been on in a good while. I recently came in contact with a member of your guild, Avangrod, who was a super nice fellow I ran into during a hobbit concert outside of the Prancing Pony Inn. He led me to this site actually and offered me a potential spot to join so long as I applied and filled out the necessary requirements...so here I am! If this comes around again to him, mention Talendor and I think he'll remember who I am. I am pretty casual player and I love just wondering about and questing or just hanging out to chat. Although I am on a RP server, I don't particularly RP myself although it is something I have done in the past and totally respect and acknowledge as something people take seriously and enjoy. Thus, I am just looking to join a friendly kin and Avangrod was a nice dude to run into. Wrapping this up, I appreciate the time you took to read this because its kind of long I guess lol. Thanks again!

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I'm 28 years old and I have been playing MMOs since I was 14. My first MMO being Star Wars Galaxies, followed by City of Heroes and Planetside! Ever since I have been pretty immersed in the genre and is one of my favorites. Among those 3, LOTRO, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy 14 Online, Star Wars The Old Republic have been the mainstays but I have played much more than that (EQ2, Vanguard Online, WoW, Age of Conan, Secret World, DDO, Black Desert Online, Planetside 2, etc. etc.) In terms of RP, its something I haven't participated in in a long time. I mainly RP'd back when I played City of Heroes because comic books and superheros are big part of my life especially when I was younger but its something I deeply appreciate and love to see when people are into it despite me being more of a supporter of the subject.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST (FL)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Although I have a main character, Dwalii (dwarf champion level 96), he has been pretty idle as I have been recently active waiting for the Mordor expansion. But the character I am applying for the kin, Talendor, is an elf Minstrel level 16 at the moment. I know it sounds low but like I said I have been around for years and this is crazy but I never played minstrel up until this character and am blown away by how much fun I am having with him. So in short its the most active I've been on a toon in a bit and hes quickly become one of my favorites. Talendor, as a minstrel, is something I take to heart as I am IRL a musician myself and have played bass guitar for more than 13 years now so I put a little of myself into the character heh. I have mainly just been questing to get his level up but in the time I have been spending, I have been in a way re-exploring some of my favorite aspects of the game and refreshing myself with some of the systems and gameplay aspects I haven't seen since I've been away or on and off.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Haven't been in a kin since I've been on Landroval tbh! Sounds crazy I know but I'm a pretty solo dude.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Avangrod

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Over the years I have been on Landroval I have run into the LMB on occasion while traveling in and out of Bree, chilling and hearing some tunes as I passed through.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Exploring. Wandering about I suppose lol.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
Just generally looking to bring myself more into the Landroval community, especially with such a legendary kin. I'm a pretty casual player so I'm laid back and just looking to have fun and experience some of the good times the game has yet to offer with some cool peeps.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I like to think I'm pretty friendly I suppose lol. I'm knowledgeable on LOTR and LOTRO and have read greatly on the lore for years. Anything videogames, movies, or music related is something I can join in on and chat about or just be someone to talk to I guess! :p

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Read the Hobbit, LOTR trilogy, the Silmarillion, Children of Hurin, and Unfinished Tales of Numenor. The Silmarillion being my favorite personally as someone who fancies themself a lore junkie. The creation of Middle-Earth and the strife between the Valar and Melkor are probably my favorite moments in all of Tolkien myth. So epic!

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I noticed I typed A WHOLE lot and I dunno If maybe I was TOO thorough? I tend to ramble I guess lol. But anywho, I appreciate being acknowledged by you folk and again, running into Avangrod was nice and he even got me a kite lol. I'm a big time gamer, love LOTR, and all things chill and fun. If something comes up, my main again is "Dwalii" the dwarf champion. BUT the character I am applying for in game is "Talendor". Thanks again for the consideration! See yall in game!

-Talendor

Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: TalendorSW - by Lauralda

Thanks for sharing about your favourite bits of LotR and LotRO. Rambling is fun!
The Silmarillion is my favourite too, for many reasons. So, what do you think of "The Song of Felagund's Battle with Sauron"? =D
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

Wow, an ex Vanguard man, me too. Not many of us about!

Welcome

TalendorSW

Lauralda wrote:
Thanks for sharing about your favourite bits of LotR and LotRO. Rambling is fun!
The Silmarillion is my favourite too, for many reasons. So, what do you think of "The Song of Felagund's Battle with Sauron"? =D

Its some real epic poetry especially the lead up to the story of what's going down and afterward when Finrod saves Beren from a werewolf. I felt bad for Finrod and his homies though in the end. ALTHOUGH he did go down like a champ. Love the tale of Beren & Luthien on another note. It came out recently as a seperate book actually! I got it in the mail a couple weeks ago. Great hardcover.
TalendorSW

Keli wrote:
Wow, an ex Vanguard man, me too. Not many of us about!

Welcome

Vanguarddddd those were the days man lol.
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

Greetings, Talendor! Your application has been accepted. The next step is to find an officer in game for a recruit interview. The easiest way would be to /joinchannel alesandtales and ask if a LMB officer is available. We do look forward to enjoying Middle-earth with you!
TalendorSW

Lauralda wrote:
Greetings, Talendor! Your application has been accepted. The next step is to find an officer in game for a recruit interview. The easiest way would be to /joinchannel alesandtales and ask if a LMB officer is available. We do look forward to enjoying Middle-earth with you!

Oooo sweet! Thats awesome thanks! I'll be sure to hop on and and hope to get things rollin! :D
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

Interviewed and invited. Welcome!
Avangrod

I think I did beta for Vanguard but didnt stick with it long. Welcome to the kin!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum