Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaralenSilverbow

re: App: SaralenSilverbow

The application submitted by SaralenSilverbow is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Saralen Silverbow
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 21
Race : Elf
Class : Hunter

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I am an "older" gamer and have tired of the popular grind for gear types of games. I found LOTRO and fell in love with the game play and the completely different gaming style. I truly enjoy the exploration and social aspect of this game and I would also love to get involved with the musical features as well. I've noticed that The Lonely Mountain Band folks are always out, having a great time and enjoying all aspects of the game, together. That's what I am seeking, a place to call home where I can find friendly, fun and helpful folks to take in the entire game with!

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
Oh gosh, where to start. I've been gaming and specifically RP'ing since the early days of Dungeons & Dragons in the late 70's and early 80's. Since then I've played countless pen and paper games and then of course moved into the video MMO's. My first MORPG was Ultima Online and while I enjoyed it, I quickly found Everquest and it became my ultimate game I've ever played. I fell in love with that game, the vast world and the community that was involved at that time. Ever since EQ I've tried to find that "magic" again in other games but have failed for the most part. Each other game I've tried had their strong points and of course some fun aspects but none have ever touched what EQ brought to me. As I get older, I tire of the gear and achievement grind and long more for a social community of mature and fun gamers. I have found just that in LOTRO and I expect to expound on that within The Lonely Mountain Band.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
I am in the Mountain Time Zone (Denver, CO)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Saralen Siverbow is a young hunter set off to find his purpose in the world. Named after his great uncle, who became a father figure after Saralen's own father passed, Saralen also sports his uncle's Silver Elven Longbow. Taking his mother's words of wise: "Explore, learn and help people," Saralen left Lindon to do just that. He has made his way to Bree and has settled there for now but intends to explore all and learn all he can and hopes to someday set his mark upon the world all the while, helping others set theirs.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Saralen was in "Sons of Numenor" and while it was a great bunch, just not active enough for him.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
I personally reached out to Klassy and she recommended I speak with Lhinnthel

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Not a "hosted" event as of yet but I have witnessed members of LMB in and around Bree, dancing and celebrating and having such a great time. This is exactly what I am looking to experience too. I would absolutely love to attend the next hosted event of LMB.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Roleplay; Music; Social and Exploration

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I have no real "hard" expectations but I certainly plan on getting involved in all that LMB has to offer and experiencing the great hospitality of the members. I have witnessed members playing music, dancing and having a great time and I just desire to get involved in all of that social aspect. I'm sure the members are very helpful as well if my experience with Lhinnthel is any indication!

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I would have to say being social and especially helpful whenever I can. I enjoy helping newer players once I've become more knowledgeable and I also enjoy being social and entertaining if given the chance. Being a musician in real life, I am certainly interested in learning the musical aspect of the game and becoming a performer in that as well.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Although it quite some time ago, I've read all of the LOTR books and I've read The Hobbit twice. I have also seen all of the movies in the LOTR line and The Hobbit too. I think my favorite scene of all of the movies is when the Dwarves sing "The Misty Mountain" song. The droning harmonies are just mesmerizing and I simply love the song!

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I don't think so but I do vow to be fun, friendly and helpful to everyone both in and outside of the kinship as that is my true nature. Thank you for any consideration!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: SaralenSilverbow - by Aedon Durreah

Congratulations, your application has been approved. On to the next step now. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for a friendly LMB officer to complete your interview.

Corulin
Corumael
Pretty Officer

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: SaralenSilverbow - by Aedon Durreah

Interviewed and invited! Welcome to the LMB, Saralen! =D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum