Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quendanor

re: App: quendanor

The application submitted by quendanor is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Nikawen
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 53
Race : Race of Man
Class : Lore-master

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Greetings one and all in the LMB! I am a Japanese Canadian female 50 (embarrassed cough, mumble,mumble) somethingish old. Though I'm classified as "old fogey" in this application form, I like to think of myself as well aged, like vintage fine wine! LoL. I have been looking in vain for a good mature and friendly kinship to belong to but the majority of kinships now are either defunct or so immature that they make world chat seem positively academic. I started playing Lotro 3 years ago as a free player but I accidentally chose a European server and there was no one around. I restarted playing late last year on Landy and made my LM. I loved the game so much I became a premium player and eventually went VIP to unlock all the restrictions. I have always heard of the LMB but when I saw this application form I was pretty intimidated. However, reading your web page I still think that you guys are the kinship for me though I'm not musical at all (hope that doesn't matter).

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
LOTRO is my first MMO. Usually I play long story based single player games. I have also started to play STO mainly because I like the universe (Yes, yes, I'm old AND a geek). I love fantasy and sci fi. I'm too afraid to try RP in case I do it wrong and spoil it for others. I am trying to write a background story for my LM and her merry band of alts but I have such limited time to play I'm always tempted to just play LOTRO instead :)

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
GMT +9

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Nikawen is a Lore Master. Her parents were from Lindon but were killed by goblins as they were gathering firewood with their new born baby girl. Nikawen was unharmed and was found by elves from Lothlorien. There she grew to womanhood and became a Lore Master like her adopted father. One day Gandalf visited the golden woods and spoke of a great evil spreading across Middle Earth..........

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
No previous or current kinships. A couple of early ones recruited a couple of my alts but they were not for me so I left.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
No referals

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Would LOVE to attend any event but I'm not sure if my time zone and play time will allow it. I do see quite a few of you guys about so I may be forced to just chat.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
I love the epic quest but also the smaller quests in each of the regions. Always fun to do. Plus I just like riding around especially in the Shire.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I'm still kind of new. I barely played the first 2 years of this game and only now do I have the time to spend leveling my character. I still have a lot of questions and I may need help with certain things that puzzle me but otherwise I'm fine on my own. I would love to try some of the world dungeons in game but I may not be that good so I always hesitate to ask anyone to join me.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I suspect that most of you are now level 105 and don't need help from me, however, I am always glad to help someone out if they need a fellowship and I will try to craft something if I can make it. I'm more than happy to share crafting materials for free. Otherwise all I can offer is fun and friendly chat!

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Read the trilogy and Hobbit way way back in my youth. Re-reading them now. Saw the Lord of the Rings movies and loved them. Saw the first Hobbit movie and didn't really like it. Even saw the cartoon version of LOTR when I was younger. I have many favorite scenes. I always gasp when I see Rivendale and I love the way the game portrays it. Can't wait to see if the game Moria is what I have imagined in my head all these years.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I have very limited play time due to real life work and family. I get a hour or 2 in every day though. I'm not musical but I have listened to some of you play before (would love to learn how you guys do that). Bit nervous about the interview but what you see in this application is what you get. Our family moved to Japan several years ago for work so I'm in a strange time zone. Hope I can catch some of you guys around!

Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: quendanor - by Lauralda

Mae govannen Nikawen,
Your application has been accepted. The next step is to find an officer in game for an interview. The easiest way would be to /joinchannel alesandtales and ask if a LMB officer is available.
quendanor

Thank you Lauralda! I will look for an officer in the next few days starting today and hope to finally join your kinship. See you all soon and thanks again. Great to be part of a nice kin. surprised
quendanor

re: Thank you

Hi everyone. Just a quick note to say a big thank you to the officer who interviewed me. An hour is a long time away from playing the game and I really appreciated that you spent time for me. So thank you! (I had a dental appointment the next day and I was more nervous about the interview than the dental trip!). Luckily (whew!) I passed and now I have finally joined the LMB. Hope I can help in some small way. I don't like to promise to do something and then drop out if I can't so I may have to offer help at the last minute if that is ok. Looking forward to Weatherstock and hope I can attend. See you all in game! surprised
Hollyberye

Awarded:

re: Re: Thank you

quendanor wrote:
Hi everyone. Just a quick note to say a big thank you to the officer who interviewed me. An hour is a long time away from playing the game and I really appreciated that you spent time for me. So thank you! (I had a dental appointment the next day and I was more nervous about the interview than the dental trip!). Luckily (whew!) I passed and now I have finally joined the LMB. Hope I can help in some small way. I don't like to promise to do something and then drop out if I can't so I may have to offer help at the last minute if that is ok. Looking forward to Weatherstock and hope I can attend. See you all in game! surprised

What a nice note! Welcome!

Hollyberye
Dancyn
Dancyn/Muinbes

Awarded:

Welcome !! I'll be looking for you in game!! I too am an "old fogey"!...but young at heart!!

Dancyn

~Dancyn

Dancyn, Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Lore Master, Gladden

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum