Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Vorlt Trankey
Vorlt

Awarded:

re: Star Wars: The Old Republic -- Satele Shan Server

Updating to say, the double XP event and 90cc transfer have started.

Editing because I forgot to add char names.

Republic - Xyfe, Xalte
Empire - Sha'dowz, Xarie, Teiden, Zigenda

Last edited by Vorlt on 2016/05/26 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

High Officer

Awarded:

I used your link since I have been inactive for awhile - Thanks, Kira!
Also, transferred my characters. Please do add me (I'll try to catch you online sometime to ask about joining your guild!)

Republic - Paeonia, Lh'utha, Nascha, Merr'ula
Imperial - Kyna'risu, Dara'marr, I'nola, Amaurëa (my apologies for that umlaut over the ë which makes it impossible to type my name. Use copy/paste to add it :P )

(The Rêverie Legacy)

Last edited by Lhinnthel on 2016/06/30 5:15 pm; edited 5 times in total

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Alt-itis seems to be contagious in SWTOR as well. I now have four characters on Begeren:

Republic: Byrkah, Byr'khet

Empire: Byr'kyld, Byr'khyss

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

Hehe, I ported one over from Ebon Hawk and created others:
- Rep main: Anaryne (Sentinel)
- Imperial main: Alixxe (Agent)
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

I created a Tearna. I tried to use the recommendation that Kira put up... first time it told me I already had an account... which I sorta did from signing up to try and get into Beta.... which never happened. hehe

So I logged in and tried it again and don't know if it worked or not.

Now to remember all your names so I can get you in my friends list. We have a guild over there? How do I join? It is very fun... but kinda lonely playing alone. hehe I think Tearna is 7 or 8.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

The couple times I played (as well as the beta) I found myself enjoying the Trooper class the most of the non-force classes. they can melee, but also have the ranged dps ability some folks are fond of. I'm not sure if I'll be able to join you, as I'm already stretched between 2 games.

Thanks for the guild invite, Kira! I don't know if you got my thank you. After I replied to you, I started getting red messages saying my chat options were limited (which seemed to be everything haha) until I hit level 10 and I was just at 8.

Is there a way to remap keys like lotro does? I have my mouse roller button mapped so when I press it, I back up in Lotro and I keep doing that in SW to no effect. haha

Also, is there a way to balance the sensitivity of your mouse? Mine is ultra sensitive and so my movements aren't smooth at all... I just zig zag all over the place. A tiny mouse movement makes a huge turn in game.

Still... having a blast. Wish I had tried this one earlier! :)

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Vorlt Trankey
Vorlt

Awarded:

Key bindings are under preferences. Set them there. As for mouse speed, I am unsure

High Officer

Awarded:

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
Also, is there a way to balance the sensitivity of your mouse? Mine is ultra sensitive and so my movements aren't smooth at all... I just zig zag all over the place. A tiny mouse movement makes a huge turn in game.

Still... having a blast. Wish I had tried this one earlier! :)

The default camera speed is dizzying!
I found a tip on the swtor forums somewhere: Under Preferences > Controls > Camera Rotation Speed > set it to 77% then hit apply, then put camera speed to 0%.
It worked for me and my mouse isn't as sensitive.

I hope that helps!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

I have been trying things out, and have made a few characters:

Republic: Craicwyth, Findaraiel
Empire: Goldralion, Thorilwyth

I am not terribly creative with names.

I will say that as much as I have been enjoying trying this out, I feel like the classes are extremely limiting, especially since the story is fundamentally tied to the game mechanics. For instance, I like the looks of the Consular story line and companions, but also, for aesthetic reasons, would like to use a single bladed lightsaber. Technically, this is would point to the Sage advanced class, but sages do not seem to actually use their lightsabers. To actually use it, I would have to be a Shadow, but Shadows must use two lightsabers. In essence, I feel like LOTRO offers much greater flexibility in making a class what I want it to be, rather than being forced in to a specific role with a specific aesthetic.

Officer

Awarded:

First, two quick notes...

* You can pay a small fee to do one-time transfers of credits above your F2P limit. Subscribing really is better, though.

* You can use other weapons instead of lightsabers if you don't want to wield two. In fact, you don't have to wield a lightsaber at all. There are some pretty awesome looking vibroblades. You also might want to give an attenuated saber a try (much thinner blade) or a shoto (much shorter blade). I actually use an attenuated shoto, so it looks like I have a laser dagger instead of a lightsaber. There are also a number of blades with special FX and you can add "tunings" which change the FX on your blade.

If you would like to join the LMB-friendly guilds:

* On the Republic side, we are Taris Wildlife Society. Look for Kiralynn for an invite.
* On the Empire, we are Taris Hunting Tours. Look for Savaja or Mirosha for an invite.
* You can bring in as many alts as you like, at any level.
* You will get bonuses to XP, reputation, and conquest points as soon as you join. The more people join, the bigger the bonuses.
* Help yourself to things in the bank.
* Make sure to get a key to my personal strongholds. Yavin 4 has all the crafting utility resources. Tatooine has special vendors and the hutt ball multiplayer mini-game. All SHs give you quick travel options.

Hopefully I can find a couple of people willing to help with invites, when I'm not online.

Republic -- Taris Wildlife Society -- Stronghold on Coruscant
The entry room on the lower floor (with the elevator) has the banks, GTN (auction house), and other resources.
Look for the Slicing utility object and click it every time you visit to receive approximately 1,000 credits.

Empire -- Taris Hunting Tours -- Stronghold on Nar Shaddaa
Once you enter from the taxi landing platform, take an immediate right and enter the first door on the right. This is where you'll find the GTN, bank, credit dispenser, and other resources.
If you want to get to the park, you must use rocket boots or a vehicle and jump toward the platform while standing on top of the taxi.
To get back to the sky palace from the floating park platform, leap to your death and you'll appear back at the taxi. (Silly, I know.)

RohanArchitect wrote:
I have been trying things out, and have made a few characters:

Republic: Craicwyth, Findaraiel
Empire: Goldralion, Thorilwyth

I am not terribly creative with names.

I will say that as much as I have been enjoying trying this out, I feel like the classes are extremely limiting, especially since the story is fundamentally tied to the game mechanics. For instance, I like the looks of the Consular story line and companions, but also, for aesthetic reasons, would like to use a single bladed lightsaber. Technically, this is would point to the Sage advanced class, but sages do not seem to actually use their lightsabers. To actually use it, I would have to be a Shadow, but Shadows must use two lightsabers. In essence, I feel like LOTRO offers much greater flexibility in making a class what I want it to be, rather than being forced in to a specific role with a specific aesthetic.

I could have sworn the Sage had the double-bladed and the Shadow had the single-bladed... Regardless, the only Jedi that uses TWO lightsabers is the Jedi Sentinel (Jedi Knight). Both the Sage and the Shadow uses one lightsaber (the exception that one is double-bladed; thought it was the Sage, but apparently it's actually the Shadow). So you can still play the Consular class and the Shadow and actually use your lightsaber, and still have only one lightsaber. Double-bladed, but still only one.

As for specific roles, Star Wars has very defined roles in the stories themselves. Typically you don't see this in the classic films very much, because just about every Jedi/Sith there uses a single lightsaber (though we do see some cases against this: Anakin dial-wielding vs Dooku in Ep2, Maul's double-bladed lightsaber against Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon). However, one must keep in mind that the story of SWTOR goes beyond the movies and is deeply embedded into the Expanded Universe and, most specifically, the original SWKotOR games.

For those unfamiliar with the original KotOR games, I would recommend watching the below video. If you want to see the part about the lightsabers themselves, skip to 13:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GBQ6j7JF98

Not only the style of the lightsaber (from the EU) but also the color (from SWKotOR) had a lot to do with the role each Jedi had. I think the style is more something that just formed on its own but has come to be generally recognized. Obviously not all Jedi followed it. You see way more blue and green sabers, both used fully for combat. Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber. Tenel Ka had a white lightsaber.

In the original Jedi Knight video games, the manner of holding the lightsaber (strong, medium and fast; otherwise known as red, yellow, blue, which weren't related to the blade colors) had more to do with your role. That very recognizable stance that Rey and Finn both use, where they hold the lightsaber vertical right up by the side of their head, is the strength stance. You can see these in the following video. Watch the display in the lower-right corner. As the player switches from stance to stance, the color changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I502Rl3TMA

The EU gave a wide berth for creativity and customization, but the general underlying themes still existed, which is why SWTOR still follows them. While you can get away with using different weapons in some circumstances, I'd investigate thoroughly, as some skills require a certain type of weapon.

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The Rakghoul event begins today! Join us on Tatooine to stop the spread of the devastating plague.

The event has a series of missions. The first missions are very simple and can be completed by very low level characters. Friends can help mid-level characters get through all of the available quests. High level characters can solo all but the final two missions. The missions reset daily and reward you with faction reputation. This faction has some really awesome gear, color crystals, and decorations.

If you haven't already, make sure to follow your Storyline quests (indicated in purple) at least until you have unlocked your own personal starship, so that you can travel to all events.

You can use keys to various strongholds for quick and FREE travel between planets. Characters from both factions can use keys to my Tatooine stronghold to get to the Rakghoul event.

Here is the Dulfy guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/21/swtor-thorn-rakghoul-resurgence-event-guide/

I will be doing the Rakghoul quests with a character of each faction, every day of the event.
Catch me online if you'd like to come along. I'm happy to show new players the ropes.

In other news...
"We will be taking the servers offline on June 1st in order to apply Game Update 4.5. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: June 1, 2016
TIME: 5:00AM PDT - 9:00AM PDT (1PM - 5PM BST)
VERSION: 4.5

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, May 31st."

This is good news as we will be getting free subscriber gifts and new content.

Awarded:

Thanks for the info, Kira. One of my chars just nabbed a starship so I'll check it out.

Do the monthly rewards show up automatically, or do we have to do something to get them?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

They will show up in the mailbox of all characters.
It takes awhile for the mail server to process all the deliveries, so you might not get them on day one.
The same is true for the monthly Cartel Coin rewards. They can take a week to show up.

Should we set up a little Facebook group or something to post event announcements and useful tips, to get the SWTOR content out of the LMB forums?

Page 2 of 8

Jump to: