Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simerayeep

re: App: Simerayeep

The application submitted by Simerayeep is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Forolyeep
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 42
Race : Race of Man
Class : Captain

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I am a member of Second Breakfast on Crickhollow in good standing (Simera, a 98 LM), and it's my understanding that LMB has an alliance with them, which says you should provide a similarly happy experience. Additionally my wife is a member of your kin (Jessicus, a 44ish minstrel) and has nothing bad to say about you :).

I love Tolkien's works, particularly the Silmarillion, and I note with some interest your book club. As an example of my real-life dedication, I once started (and received official campus recognition for) an Elvish Language Club to teach Quenya to my fellow students (or fanatics, possibly...), and ran it successfully for 3 years. I'm not fluent, but I can fake it reasonably well tongue out. I did used to be decently fluent in Feanorian script, both for Quenya (obviously) and for transcribing English and Sindarin.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
...is there a character limit to this question? I have played WoW, Rift, EQ2, Ryzom, GW1, GW2, FFXIV, Defiance, TSW, Wildstar, Skyrim, Oblivion, Witcher 3, and Shadow of Mordor (the latter not especially deeply, as it felt too much like a murder-sim and not enough like Tolkien to me).

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
PST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Insofar as I RP my character, which is seldom, Forol is a diplomat and peacemaker at heart who believes that a strong hand on the tiller of negotiation, a willingness to listen to opposing points of view, and a clear-sighted view of the solution can reconcile any dispute. Sometimes you gotta show the iron herald-of-war inside the velvet glove, and Forol will absolutely do that if necessary, but he'd rather talk it out.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Second Breakfast, as mentioned above. Before that, I belonged to an Elf-only kinship (The Old World), and GM'ed a sturdy fragment of that kin (~15-20 members) after it imploded as Neuror Celebrimboro, all three on Crickhollow.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
I was not. My wife enjoys you guys but she knows better than to recommend anything to me (because I'll likely do the opposite) :-D.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I haven't. My main server's been on Crick, and I tend to log onto Landroval only when playing with my wife (that may change if I like the community here).

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Deed-grinding, wandering Eregion, and small fellow content (I adore the school/library complex, Lumul-Nar, and Nala-Dum, but nobody every seems to run them, tragically). Skirmishes!

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
To provide a friendly, welcoming environment which is respectfully chatty and can help build the social linkages I currently lack on the server.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I'm a Tolkien nerd (though that may not be in short supply here!) and a history buff with a passion for languages (particularly French & Russian), so if you need help reaching out to international people I'd be happy to help! I'm also decently talkative and friendly once I feel comfortable somewhere, though I take a little bit to warm up and can be somewhat quiet until then.

I'm also a strong creative writer/editor/sonnet-creator.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I have done both, repeatedly. My favorite image from the book is where Gandalf reads from the Book of Mazarbul, and the trip across Eregion (and it's my favorite zone in game as well). I used to have the first third of the Council of Elrond chapter completely memorized (part of a fool's errand to memorize the entire book), and I like that bit as well, though it was sadly truncated in the movie version. I also enjoy the scenes with the Ents.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Pie is better than cake. And both are always better than bacon. I have a semi-on-hiatus blogging project to reduce the Silmarillion to the comprehension level of a kindergardener (it's more a talking point than an actual project at this point, truthfully).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Simerayeep - by Aedon Durreah

Congratulations, your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for a friendly LMB officer to complete your interview.

Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Simerayeep - by Aedon Durreah

Interviewed and invited into the kin this evening. :) Welcome aboard, Forol!!

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum