Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival 2016 -- May 14

Forte Maestro wrote:
Lhinn, can you do one of just the top? A square? From the top to just above the date? Need a pic for LotroPlayers article. Just the header info maybe into a square?

Here you go, Forte. I wasn't sure if you wanted the date or not, so here's both wink

Forum Image

Forum Image

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Forte Maestro

Awarded:

Article goes out at noon /servertime

Officer

Awarded:

There are several judge slots open, so hopefully we'll get more than one volunteer on the big day. Just over a week, now! :)

Hi Kira! It looks like I'm around this weekend so I can do race judging :)

Awarded:

Lhinnthel wrote:
The more I look at that blue, the less I like it - so here it is in red.

Forum Image

I don't see it. I would be happy to post news/ bulletins/ pictures/ etc on DancynBoots FB page.

~Dancyn

Dancyn, Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Lore Master, Gladden

Dancyn
Dancyn/Muinbes

Awarded:

Is there a sign up sheet for workers??

I was looking for it but have ran out of time. I've sent a pm to Forte to be available for music after the Parade. I'd love to race (?) but it's not that important. let me know. thanks!!!! (off to work now)

~Dancyn

Dancyn, Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Lore Master, Gladden

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Dancyn wrote:
Lhinnthel wrote:
The more I look at that blue, the less I like it - so here it is in red.

Forum Image

I don't see it. I would be happy to post news/ bulletins/ pictures/ etc on DancynBoots FB page.

Hmm, I guess photobucket is having issues? You can try to grab it from my Twitter feed - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiFsW2yWMAEzeid.jpg:large

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Irisanne, my hobbit guardian will be there as a hobbit barrel. So I'm guessing she just needs to be dressed all in orange?

I will work on getting her orange outfit set today. She is very excited as she has never been to the SRC! :D

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

All events after the break will now take place at Hobnanigans Field #1, the large field closest to the cabin.

There is no sign-up sheet at this point. (Some folks have variable schedules.)
Contact me via /tell before the event starts to join the volunteer's Raid group.

If you are volunteering as a judge, here are a few tips:
    * During the race, set your graphics fairly low, but keep your draw distance high enough that you'll see people coming at high speed.
    * Display character names, but not titles, surnames, kinship names, etc. You will need to identify riders and screen clutter can make that extremely difficult.
    * Stand in a place where you can see riders going past your checkpoint clearly, at a bit of an angle. If you are too close or too far away, you won't be able to see their floating names. If you try to photograph them coming straight at you, the front riders will block the ones behind them. Expect horses to be close together, especially at the first checkpoints.
    * Screenshots of the first half-dozen riders are the most important. Take more if you can without locking up your PC.
    * After all the riders pass your checkpoint, please post in /Regional to let everyone know. If possible, say it in a fancy way, like a horse race announcer. You can mention some of the lead or trailing riders, if you like.

Thank you and I hope to see you at the races!

Awarded:

It’s time to announce the prizes and reveal the race course maps!

Here is a link to the course maps: http://steelandmagic.com/?page_id=5036

Racing Prizes

Qualifier races -- 80g / 40g / 20g + prize code
Barrel racing -- 100g / 50g / 25g + prize code
Championship cup -- 500g / 300g / 100g + prize code

The top three winners of each race will receive gold plus a prize code for a title, steed, pet, or cosmetic item.

Wagering Prizes

Choose the one horse and rider that you believe will win the race. /Tell your favorite rider name to the race bookie. If you guess correctly, your name will be entered in a drawing for prize codes. These codes unlock titles, steeds, pets, or cosmetics for all characters. We will keep giving out codes until we run out, so betters who guess the second or third place racers may also win prizes!

The first three names of winning betters will also receive gold. The prizes are 25g / 10g / 5g for a qualifier race and 100g / 50g / 25g at the Championship Cup. If fewer than three people correctly guess the winning horse, those who do win the bet will receive extra gold!

Awarded:

Oh, so it's Hobnanigans Field #1!
Do we use the stage at the northwest side of the field for the Rodeo Clown show then?

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

You're welcome to use the stage or stand on the field, whatever works better for you.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
You're welcome to use the stage or stand on the field, whatever works better for you.

For our routine we were using the stage for the first part of the act and intro part when you introduce the clows then the field for the actual performance

Officer

Awarded:

That sounds good. Please remind me of that when the time comes. There will be quite a bit for me to keep track of that day. :)

Awarded:

All gold and code prizes have been sent out.

The codes were selected mostly by random pick.
Feel free to trade them around if you got something you can't use, give it to a friend, etc.
Please don't send it back to me as I can't use it, but I'm sure Byrcha could find a good home for it.
Hopefully, everyone got something fun.

I would like to thank all of you again for being so amazing, volunteering to help with a large event, and keeping your spirits high despite all the lag and crazy players.

Page 6 of 7

Jump to: